Cake Making & Baking Group

Quick question girls

I'd ur doing a cake with ribbon an piping do u pipe first or put the ribbon on first?

I've always put the ribbon on first but dunno if ur suppost to or not ?

where do you mean, round the edges? I would put the ribbon roundand then pipe the icing as if you ice then ribbon you could damage it!
h x

I am having withdrawal symptoms at the moment...not been up to it lately and been so busy with other bits.
Think i may be making some tomorrow for OH to take into work, not sure what to make though x

leanne I think its what you feel easier yourself, I pipe then once its dry add the ribbon :)

Im gonna throw together some cupcakes tonight cos we are meeting up at the park with a few girls off here for a picnic tomorrow!
:)

add it to edge of the board with prittstick and the cake with a small dab of royal icing :)

I am having withdrawal symptoms at the moment...not been up to it lately and been so busy with other bits.
Think i may be making some tomorrow for OH to take into work, not sure what to make though x
I've been the same, was thinking of doing some Lemon ones for OH for work, I really do need another Costco trip though for icing sugar, I can't believe I have gone through 6Kg in about 3 weeks :shock:

Can anyone help me, my cupcakes have gone as pointy as madonnas 80's boobs. Any tips on keeping them flatter?

Also, what's the diff between buns and cupcakes? Lol x

Well!
Sorry i wasnt on yesterday, nightmare of a day!!
Tommy picked yest to have one of his fussiest ever days, to date. He was constantly hungry, constant pooping, tired but wont sleep - the works!
And it took 2 and a half hours to bake the sponge :shock:
my mum had a chicken in the oven at the same time :dohh::dohh:
So it was very rushed, and i was up till nearly 5 as i had to clean up for people coming round...but heres the finished product - bad pic but yeh
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs467.ash1/25624_411202320699_588895699_5627807_4478677_n.jpg
The icing cracked a little but i managed to cover it over with the sugar glass. Im quite chuffed tbh, its my 4th ever attempt with fondant, my 2nd doing it properly lol...and Cav loved it :D
xxxxxxxx
(and the pic i based it on)
https://images.mmosite.com/photo/2007/07/04/4ss481h8tM846384.jpg

Hi girls betty crocker vanilla spread icing - do you use that to go between a cake with the jam i.e. sponge birthday cake????

Wow Kris that looks fantastic! So unusual :)

I got some betty crocker chocolate frosting to try on my cupcakes at the weekend.
Also got some Barbie sprinkles lol!

Well done Kris its great! I especially love the colour of blue and the sparkley bits :D

I think the betty crocker vanilla BC is horrible, home made is much nicer, cheaper and easy peasy to make, I just chuck in some butter and chuck in some icing sugar and keep adding more icing til its the right consistancy and if it goes too sweet i throw in a pinch of salt. I like the chocolate fudge one though!

I learn something new every time i come on here! Never knew you could unsweeten something with salt. Thanks! :) Ive already bought it so best use it! but for future reference ill make my own! that cake is very impressive by the way! xxx

Kris that is amazing, well done you xx

Can anyone help me, my cupcakes have gone as pointy as madonnas 80's boobs. Any tips on keeping them flatter?

Also, what's the diff between buns and cupcakes? Lol x

My still do that at times :lol: Maybe a lower tempfor a little long

I think cupcakes are just fancier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back