Cake Making & Baking Group

Kris your OH's cake looks fab! I love the sparkly blue fondant, looks too good to eat!

Well I am not a happy bunny :cry: :sad1:

My cake stuck to the tin :( even though I used marg and flour to stop it sticking!

I have managed to get it out and I think I will be able to 'salvage' it with buttercream ... but I'm still not happy :( xx

Ahhh Kris its fab, well done!!

:hugs: Kelly, i know the feeling, bloody cakes

I had to very quickly throw a wolverine cake together for my brothers birthday! xxx

I literally had about 4 hours to do it.. oh the stress!! lol

Attachments

• Wolverine Cake lower res.jpg
    Wolverine Cake lower res.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Wolverine Cake lower res 2.jpg
    Wolverine Cake lower res 2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for your advice Jo :)

Wow, Kris your cake looks fab x

kris!! yay!!!

i love your blue tier!!! i think i have the blue lustre spray....or is it pink...i cant remember now, but i havent used it yet!! looks ace!!

and i love the little shards youve put near the 'cave' bit!!
i bet he was chuffed with it!!

great cake baby dance!!

ive just finished my number one cake....i tried to keep it as chunky as possible for less 'waste' n i dont think it looks too bad. will post pics sometime 2moro.

hows everyone else getting on? xx

this cake is a pain in my back side!!

i cant wait to start alex's ones

leanne ......... what day is it we will have to watch for Alexs card on cbeebies?! What times is the birthday bits on?

I cant wait to see his cakes!, what cake is it you are doing just now?

leanne ......... what day is it we will have to watch for Alexs card on cbeebies?! What times is the birthday bits on?

I cant wait to see his cakes!, what cake is it you are doing just now?

Its his birthday on friday heres the times
* 7.40am
* 10.25am
* 12.15pm
* 2.25pm (repeat of 10.25am)
* 5.40pm

im doing that wedding cake, its not finished yet but it is sooooooo heavy i dont think i will be able to life it off the turntable, will pm u a pic of that ive done so far if u want x

i am sooo excited to start his cakes i cant wait!!

yay pm me a piccy! Daisy and I will be watching out! Hope the show his card!

i hope they show it!! i will :cry: if they dont

my friend done one for her little ones birthday on sunday and they never showed hers , she must of spent over £20 doing it too !

Hope it gets shown Leanne!

Now i need cake...someone just told me i look like i'm in my 30's :(

how old are u glitterfairy??

im 22 and get told im at LEAST 27....they say im so sensible :rofl: they REALLLLLYY dont know me LOL

well its not too bad!! you could have been 15 LOL

got the number one cake pic ready.,...just waiting for her to collect before i post pic. i always let the customer b the first to see it :)

how is everyone else getting on?

Thanks everyone :)
The chocolate cake was yummy!
I still havent got to try the sponge....im a little worse for wear as we went out for his birthday last night.
I expressed and had a few drinks for the first time since hes been here.....and god knows im feeling it today :nope::nope:
ouch.
For the top tier i used dark blue fondant and added some black colour paste to make it darker. U cant see on the pic but its got little stars on it where i stabbed some holes in some greaseproof paper and spray with some silver lustre spray, and then i did a quick spray over the whole thing to make it sparkly :D
Love the cake babydance :) xxxx

Can someone please help me :blush: I am making a sponge cake tonight and I dont know how many grams of stuff I need to use for my 26cm and 7cm cake tin :blush:

Kim glad you just asked that as im stuck too. I think it was taperjeangirl who told me for a sponge recipe to do 6 eggs weighed with shells and then the equal measures for self raising flour sieved three times, caster sugar sieved three times and stork marg.

however my question is im doing two eight inch tins for my cake. Is this mixture enough for both or do i need to make more?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->