Cake Making & Baking Group

I want to :cry:

I ordered some stuff yesterday on eBay and I waited all day for them to send me an invoice.

Checked this morning and I STILL never had one, so I emailed saying that I would like an invoice. I then realised I need it by tomorrow so I sent them a message saying that I would need it for tomorrow or I would have to cancel my order.

I recieved my invoice and paid for my goods. I then checked my eBay earlier and had a message from the member saying they had refunded me as I had paid for 48 hour delivery not 24 and it wouldn't get to me in time :( So now I am up shit creek! What the hel do I do?

There is no way I can get to the cake shop tomorrow, 1. It is over 20 miles to get there 2. The car is in the garage.

I can get the stuff for FILs cake later in the week as I can do his Friday night but my sisters needs to be done for Thursday and I only have tomorrow off work so I can't even do it on Thursday when the stuff arrives! :( I needed a 2 inch square cakeboard and box and some white Regalice :( Anyone know where I could get some at such short notice or am I just being stupid?? :cry: xx

Asda Kelly? Is there one near you? Sainsburys aswell ...

Kim ... 6 eggs to 200g of flour seems way out of proportion to me ... i usually only use 4 eggs to about 225/250g of flour

I have only seen Round cake boards in my asda, I could get OH to take me tomorrow night when we get the car back but we wouldn't get to the cake shop in time it closes at 5 and he doesnt finish till 4.30-4.45 but could do ASDA, never used any icing from ASDA or anything though? Hmmmm x

My local Asda does square and circular cake boards for about 50p each ... also you can buy different brands of icing there, Asda own brand, Dr Oetker, Silver Spoon ... depends how big your local one is though .. is there no one that can run you there tonight hun?

I could go to ASDA tonight but I know they only do the round ones :( The only thing I could do is go buy some icing and just put it on a tray that I have rather than a cake board as it is only for my sister?

Our morrisons do square ones kelly, we have a card shop in town that sells cake boards/boxes they do all the little decorations......... do you have an independant card shop? they might stock some!

My asda started square boards this week! and i use their icing all the time and ive never had any issues except once but that was my error! Hope you get all you need hun xx

awwww hun thats no good! Funnily when I do my asda online shop theres never as much choice as there is if i go to the huge one a few miles away....:dohh: Im still after some of those cones Holly used.

Im off to costco on saturday morning Jo, might have to pick up some bits:thumbup:
Getting back to asda, why is it when I do an online shop, 40 % of it is cake stuff:shrug::haha:

Thanks guys, I am off to ASDA now :) Morrisons will be shut as our Morrisons is cack :haha: But wish me luck!!

Oh PS Jac watch out for the postie ;) xxx

i have loads of cake boards kelly but i think my smallest are 4inch round i think :( but asda a good idea for icing! :thumbup:

Trying to get Jack into baking.He's scared of the whisk!!!

Only way to get him to make cakes was to make colourful ones...just got them out the oven.They look revolting LOL

OMG Just realised I put 2 inch cake board :dohh: I meant 12inch :rofl:

I have managed to get some stuff from ASDA :happydance: Got some regalice and a 10 inch SQUARE board :D They were right at the back I had to sit on the floor and pull everything out ... my mum was so ashamed :rofl:

I also bought Thomas so cute swimming trunks and some new jeans for our hols :blush: OH isn't going to be happy :rofl: XX

Here are Jacks Cupcakes! He's done a great job :) Very funky!

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P4131627.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P4131633.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P4131637.jpg

wow those cupcakes look amazing!! im trying to do one of alex's birthday cake as a rainbow cake with three layers

the first cake is done!!

awwww jacks cakes look fabbb!!!!:thumbup:

Glad you got stuff sorted Kelly and Im intrigued what this postie is bringing me:shrug:

Lea when Alex's birthday hun, Leo's is sat.

April is such a popular month for birthdays!
Looking forward to seeing Alex's birthday cake :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->