Cake Making & Baking Group

pinksnowball that is sooo pretty! How long did that take you? I look at these amazing cakes and think wow that must takes ages!

pinksnowball that is sooo pretty! How long did that take you? I look at these amazing cakes and think wow that must takes ages!

i made the fruit cake about two weeks ago and just was adding brandy , the actual icing / marzipan took about 4 days in stages to do.:thumbup:

Wow pinksnowball thats amazing!!

Well girls i have made a few different sorts of cupcakes...so much fun.
I made: Strawberry Crunch
Rolo cupcakes
Rocky Road cupcakes
Strawberry Sundae cupcakes.

I have took some piccies but trying to locate my lead. Off to my mums for tea so will upload piccies when i get home

xx

ummmmm i wanted to make rolo cupcakes, but they had no rolos in the co op :growlmad: i was so disappointed lol

Oooh pinkgirl, can't wait to see them, you need to let us know a how to as well :lol:

Pinksnowball that looks fan bloody tastic!!!

Kelly, what about some L plates on wires with stars inbetween?

I have a good carrot cake recipe! Ill look for it then come back....

Today I made a load of cupcakes some with just vanilla and some with cream cheese icing....... all for the lovely girls I met off here!

They went down very well LOL!

Also made a carrot cake this morning cos I fancied some!! :munch:

wow that wedding cake is amazing!!

Could you ladies who charge for your cakes help me please? I dont really know what to charge for certain cakes, could i get an example or pic of a cake youve done and how much youve charged? Ive gone through loads and loads of sites and im just going in circles!! :dohh: xx

Thanks Andrea but I have already done it now, will get OH to tgake a piccie later, I am going to ice the 'booby' cake later then I will do the decorating tomorrow night :) xx

wow lea, you wedding cake is great!:thumbup:

My order from the craft company came this morning...very pleased, seeing as I only ordered it yesterday:happydance:

Im hopefully going to be enrolling on a sugarpaste course near me soon! Been given the number by the man in my local cake suppliers, so just need to give her an ring and try and get on!:thumbup:

Im going to be baking this evening some oreo cupcakes for the kids.....anyone got a recipe or are the oreos just in the topping? choc sponge or vanilla?:shrug:

I done choc sponge with oreos crushed into the mix and oreos on top with buttercream Jac :) xx

Thanks hun, think I shall do that then!

anyideas what i can do with some bananas ready for the bin? :rofl: banana and walnut cake perhaps, is that a flavour?:blush:

Anything is a flavour!! :lol: Banana and walnut cake sounds lush!! Mmmmmm go for it!! Or make mini banana muffins or cookies ... mmmmmmmmm LOL

Oh btw you should get your parcel tomorrow :happydance: xx

I did pretty much the same as kelly for my oreos ones, bashed some up and added it to chocolate cake mix, then added vanilla buttercream and sprinkled some crushed oreos pver the top then added a mini one....... the mini ones go very soft fast though so add them right at the last breath before giving one to anyone!!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10722_179190525878_620555878_3802233_3842907_n.jpg

if i am pricing a cake babydance, i add up the costs. ingredients, board, box everything! Add a fiver on for electric........ then usually add £10-£20 on depending how much work is involved in it :)

I did pretty much the same as kelly for my oreos ones, bashed some up and added it to chocolate cake mix, then added vanilla buttercream and sprinkled some crushed oreos pver the top then added a mini one....... the mini ones go very soft fast though so add them right at the last breath before giving one to anyone!!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10722_179190525878_620555878_3802233_3842907_n.jpg

if i am pricing a cake babydance, i add up the costs. ingredients, board, box everything! Add a fiver on for electric........ then usually add £10-£20 on depending how much work is involved in it :)

mmm that looks yummy!! thanks for the advise hun much appriciated!! xxx :flower:

Leanne that cake is so pretty!

Pink i can't wait to see your photos of your cupcakes xxx

Haha Caitlinsmummy you must link me to the picture when you have done it :D

All you ladies are very talented. I need a new friend though cupcake Jac didn't bring me any cakes when she came to see me other day *huff*

Haha Caitlinsmummy you must link me to the picture when you have done it :D

All you ladies are very talented. I need a new friend though cupcake Jac didn't bring me any cakes when she came to see me other day *huff*
:shock: that is disgraceful!!!

started at 7 am this morning and im finally finished !!!

well apart from the cupcakes because i dont think they will last till saturday so doing them tomorrow :happydance:

they could of gone better but overall im happy with them although i still cant get the hang of them tappits !! :hissy: they drive me insane!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->