Cake Making & Baking Group

Know what you could do......... get some plastic tumblers and cut them down so they go over the cupcake and stop the box caving in iykwim?!

I think the only foolproof way to stop them moving at all in transit is to box them individually and then put them inside a bigger box again, otherwise theres not real way to stop them moving in transit and squashing the buttercream.

Transporting cupcakes always seems much harder :hissy:

jac they look very yummy!!!

no idea about transporting,, even in the car mine go everywhere

What i do is put them in the front passenger footwell and push the seat as far foward as i can so it wedges the box and cant move, i havent had 1 squashed upcake yet!! :thumbup:

I don't post buttercream ones like andrea said. I haven't dared to try it yet and I don't think I will lol. I just post with roll out icing on top but I package them in the box with loads of bubble wrap, then tape the box up then and wrap it in bubble wrap and brown paper and send :) xx

wow tons of pages to catch up on...and lots of cakes too!! brilliant everyone!

as for sending in the post, i would never risk it LOL
for the lengths u would have to go to, to protect the cupcakes u could have paid for it to fly on a jet LOL

so jac, your making a cake soon.....what is everyone else doing?

im still working on that 21st cake...but im about to e-mail her coz i want to change the design...i just dont think balloons are guna look right!!

Ok Ive cut 4 little plastic tumblers down and placed them over the top of the cakes, then put them in a cupcake box, cellotaped the top down and have packed inside a bigger box with loads of bubble wrap and polystyrene stuff:thumbup:
Hopefully they get there in one peice...will post them next day delivery too..:thumbup: dont think I'll be making a habbit of this though:dohh:

Jacs, they look lovely, you are very brave trying to posts them :wacko:

Where do you get them brown wrappers from??

TJG, what carrot cake recipe did you use for yours? I tried one yesterday and it was rank :sick:

Finally finished the jungle cake , pics in facebook coz I'm on phone xx

I just wait until it feels like it's at room temperature. Possibly a couple of hours, depending on the size of the cake.

I've just been watching a load of youtube decorating vids and I'm feeling so inspired! I really really want to make a beautiful stacked cake but I have no need to, boo hoo! I've only got to make a couple of cupcakes tonight for a friend I'm visiting.

why does brown ready made fondant have to have chocolate flavouring in it!! grrrr. sorry lil rant over with. lol. Does anyone on here live in the kent area?! Be nice to catch up with some of you guys you all sound like a laugh.

Right well im making my OH's cake on saturday, how do you keep your lo's occupied when you spend so long doing a cake?! Thats the only bit im worried about is keeping suri entertained, shes three months so its not like we can bake it together! x

Jacs, they look lovely, you are very brave trying to posts them :wacko:

Where do you get them brown wrappers from??

I know Jo, theyve gone special next day complete with their beakers over the top...fingers crossed they are not mush once they arrive:haha:

I got the brown wrappers from ebay hun,
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320497241821&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Ive got loaaaddsssss..:blush:

has any1 ever seen the cupcake pops or cake ball pops? there is a site called bakerella.com and it has some very cute ideas....

if u have ever mad them or had them do they taste good? how did they turn out?
i am throwing a baby shower for a friend and im goingto do regular cup cakes and cupcake pops but ive never done the pops so i dont wanna disaster...any tips?

Ive never heard of them ... but im interested now *off to google*, if its quirky i'll love it im sure!!

Cassysuri .. blonde question, wheres Kent? :haha: :blush: .. How far are you from London?

Ok well i did some mass baking this afternoon, just experimenting with flavours really, nothing special

I did, Banana, Honey & Cinnamon. Its hard to see in the pics but the icing is a golden colour with tiny brown specks of the cinnamon, looks lush

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/2s2xy4u/ee9499d4.jpg

And then milk choc and white choc ... and milk choc and coconut!!

They all look so scrummy, OH is not impressed that theres no room at all in the fridge though :muaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->