Cake Making & Baking Group

OOoo Leanne well done!! It looks fantastic!

Holly, YUM!

My carrot cake recipe.........
140ml groundnut oil
2 eggs
200g light brown sugar
300g grated carrots, (grated weight)
75g walnuts, chopped (optional)
180g self-raising flour
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 orange juice and rind

1. Preheat the oven to 160degrees , grease 2 7" tins

2. beat the eggs in a large bowl, then add the oil, brown sugar, grated carrot , orange and rind

3. Sift in the rest of the dry ingredients and bring the mixture together using a wooden or large metal spoon until well combined.

4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tins seperating evenly, smooth the surface and bake in the oven for about 30 mins..... just keep an eye on it, then until a skewer comes out clean.

5. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the tin for about five minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.

Then i level out the 2 cakes, and sandwich together with Hollys cream cheese frosting (its on the 1st page of this thread)

then cover the whole cake in the rest of the frosting, sticking the walnuts round the edge :thumbup:

I am about to have some of the one I made yesterday!

Attachments

• DSC00485.jpg
    DSC00485.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 6
Does carrot cake actually taste of carrots? The thought repulses me, but it cant be that bad if everyone else seems to love it :lol:

nah it doesnt Holly! But I know what you mean, the whole cream cheese frosting used to freak me out too!

It is so good, even better today, seems much more moist! YUM!! :munch:

yeah ive heard of bakerella...i have her bookmarked :)

all the cake balls n pops are hun is cake scraps and buttercream mixed together n rolled into balls :)...so just like cake but in a different shape!!!!

lovely cupcakes!!

ive finished that cake...going to take photos 2moro, was a pretty tricky colour combination so i opted to leave the silver off...thought it would look to tacky!

Hey ladies, i've just come across this thread and so pleased!!

I am currently working my way backwards through the pages (page 342 at moment). I've only recently started (attempting) cake decorating, never really strayed away from covering them in either chocolate or butter icing!

Hopefully you'll all provide the inspiration i need to go further lol

I made some pink cupcakes with Barbie sprinkles.They are on my facebook page if anyone wants to see them x

Jacs, they look lovely, you are very brave trying to posts them :wacko:

Where do you get them brown wrappers from??

I know Jo, theyve gone special next day complete with their beakers over the top...fingers crossed they are not mush once they arrive:haha:

I got the brown wrappers from ebay hun,
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320497241821&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Ive got loaaaddsssss..:blush:

Oh I'll keep everything crossed they make it in good condition
Ok really dumb question about the wraps, do you just put the muffins in afterwards?, you don't cook them in there do you?
If you have loaddddsssss, any chance of me buying a few from you to see if I likey them pwease:flower:
I've had an order put in and I think they will finish them off nicely x

Ive never heard of them ... but im interested now *off to google*, if its quirky i'll love it im sure!!

Cassysuri .. blonde question, wheres Kent? :haha: :blush: .. How far are you from London?

Ok well i did some mass baking this afternoon, just experimenting with flavours really, nothing special

I did, Banana, Honey & Cinnamon. Its hard to see in the pics but the icing is a golden colour with tiny brown specks of the cinnamon, looks lush

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/2s2xy4u/ee9499d4.jpg

And then milk choc and white choc ... and milk choc and coconut!!

They all look so scrummy, OH is not impressed that theres no room at all in the fridge though :muaha:

MMmmmm they look nice Holly, any chance of the recipe? I always have nanas lyng about xx

Bless him ant went to costco for me in his dinner break so I can start again, this weekend, I dread to think how much I have spent in the month or so I have been doing these:blush:

Yes Jo I bake the muffins in them, just as you would a cupcake:thumbup: Send me your address and I'll post you a few.

Ive nearly finished Leo's birthday cake, Just need some ribbon for around the board and to make another 'Y' as it broke last night whilst I was putting it on:dohh:

Question: How do I get rid of the 'dusty' look on my icing? I managed to buff up my yellow base but the blue still looks dusty as does the green base....sort of ruins it....need to goooooooooooooo??? any idea's??

Thanks darling, you know my address!!,I'll pay you for them :hugs:

Could you maybe go over the icing with a very lightly damp pastry brush?

yes I do jo:dohh:

I thought of that but wanted some advice before I did it and ruined it...pics on FB now!

and for those not on my FB...

need a Y though as it broke last night, and ribbon around board.

Jo those cupcakes were so simple

Just use your regular cupcake mix, add 2 small/med mashed banana's and then for the frosting, add 2 tablespoons of honey and sprinkle in some cinnamon ... easy peasy

Everyone at work is raving about them, i only tried the frosting as i still cant stomach banana cake after being ill one time after eating some :lol:

Jac cake looks lovely sweets :thumbup:

jac your cake looks fantastic!!! so colourful!! isnt it a pain colouring it all though?? LOL

lovely, bet he'll be chuffed with it!!

i have done a ball border on this one waiting to be picked up now.

love it, youve done such a good job!!

Jac what recipe do you use for your sponge cakes?! xxx

The same one as Andrea:thumbup:

Both tiers have 3 layers though as I wanted them nice and deep, the mcdougals sponge flour is brilliant though and I always add baking powder aswell:flower:

Jo, Posted you some of those wrappers today along with pink/white striped ones:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->