Cake Making & Baking Group

Tracey I will have a think!!! Why zoo? You getting married at the zoo?! hehe!

I like cookies......

How am I supposed to make a wasp cake when everytime i look at a pic of one I want to throw up!!
I hate them! Think I am going to have to move on to a cartoon type wasp!

Hi, hope i can join your group :)
i have been reading a lot of this thread and all the cakes and ideas are brill!
i have my first lot of cupcakes in the oven now, my first go at it lol

I got my first ever chocolate cake in the oven. don't know what ill do for the choc buttercream yet, i cba going asda! But im going to put melted dairy milk all over the top instead of frosting!! :happydance: no fondant to get right haha!

Why zoo? What about mini animal cooks but decorated with white and purple icing? Like a zebra .. you could do white and purple iykwim?

Well .... thought id do some ummm "experimenting" today and it didnt pay off :rofl: :rofl:

Firstly i made lemon cupcakes but flat iced not swirly and i wanted to do white choc .. well my icing split and looks all manky, you know what cheese looks like in a cheese toastie :sick:

Secondly i wanted to make choc orange ones but i wanted the chocolate sponge really really rich and soft, more like chocolate fondant rather than a cake ... so miss bright spark here put a couple of chocolate petit filous in the cake mix .. it looked lush when i put them in the oven .. just ate one and they taste like they arent cooked properly, all blerrgh, yuck, but they deffo are because all of my other cooked

Oh well, lesson learnt, dont try either of those things :rofl: :rofl:

Chocolate orange cupcakes with melted chocolate orange in the mix is lush :)

Sound quite nice with petit filous in! Shame it didn't work.

:hi: Sarah :)

I think I will be making some cupcakes on Wednesday or thursday for OH to take into work, not too sure which ones I'm going to do at the moment, hmmmmmm xx

I've used the chocolate one but what is the Betty Crocker chocolate fudge frosting like?

well i think they look ok lol they are a bit crispy on top so maybe left them in to long.
not sure how they taste yet, i'll take pics later n put them on here.

Oooo forgot to say I made some vanilla cupcakes with strawberry and pink buttercream for OH's nan yesterday. OH forgot to take a photo he then tipped the box up in the car so they were all over the place :cry:

But his nana loved them :) xx

LOL Holly, i do like hearing of your experiments!!

Hiya Sarah, welcome!

bettys chocolate fudge is amazing!!! Thats why i dont make it because it wouldnt taste as good!
I bought about 20 tubs for the cupboard when it was on offer in asda!

Just got 3 more orders...... EEEKKKK!!!

great lemon n marsbar cupcakes!!

andrea, ha ha i wouldnt worry about the wings not being edible...i do the exact same as you, wire with mesh..or tights LOL
i doubt people are guna wanna eat the wings anyway! they always just want cake.
and its understandable that the wings arent guna be edible.....at least we arent like ace of cakes which makes a huge tank and 3/4 of it was unedible!!!
xxx

jac did ur white cake go ok??
when my dad used to mix cakes for my mums park kiosk, if he ever come across a double yolk egg his cakes rose HUGE!! although i always thought it was the yolks that made the mix heavier?!! let us know how it goes n what it tastes like ;) xxx

Uhmm...it looked out but didnt rise as much as I would have liked and dint taste as sweet as normal eggs in a mix does...bit dry too:dohh:
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/IMG_0756.jpg

you get the idea though...maybe I just need a better recipe and use a little more baking powder, lol.

Anyways Im baking OH's birthday cake tonight and am going to decorate it either tonight or tomorrow afternnoon...wish me luck!

Im cheating a little on the cannabis cake too :rofl: I'm going to do a square sponge iced in dark green with little cannabis leaves all over it....i picked up some japanese maple leaf cutters that look like cannabis leaves, so am gonna do lots of little ones all over the cake...:rofl:
what do you think?

jac, at least it came out white!!

I LOVE ur idea for the cannabis cake...and its not cheating, bet its guna look fab...i saw that cutter and thought of u before LOL

and jo....ive just been out and saw that exact same penguin from ur avatar, it wa shuge, i just pointed at it n went 'granny jo!!!' my mum n a few shoppers who overheard were very confused LOL

lol holly, what made u think of petit filous?? did it not go sour or anything?

o as for the zoo thing.....yeah we are looking to get married in the zoo :) LMAO i dont do anything 'normally' if i had my way, the 'meal' would be KFC bargain buckets on each table LMAO

my local tesco doesnt stock the vanilla betty crocker anymore....i used some the other day and as soon as i opened it, the smell just reminded me of play-dough!! when im so used to making my own BC and then i open one of those it can taste a little 'plasticy' it doesnt stop me eating it though :rofl:

i dont know whats going on, i seem to have cake orders flying in thick n fast!...im glad i have a short holiday booked inbetween or i think id go mad!!

andrea...i always stick with a 'cartoon' version of something, it seems to be so much easier than trying to replicate something real. even my figures are cartoony, u seem to be able to get away with things more :)

good luck with ur cake jac, cant wait to see it!

Mmmm KFC bargain buckets at a weeding would be lush :lol:

A friend of mine was debating having pie, mash and liquor but ummm i told her not to be so disgusting :sick:

I have no idea what made me think of the petit filous, just one of my random moments when i spotted them getting the butter out of the fridge, they tasted "ok" just far too wet really, it might have worked if i didnt put as much milk in as i normally do

I cant help myself with experimenting, im a nightmare, but at least i know what works and what doesnt :rofl:

Just a quick question girls :thumbup:

What recipe do you use to make your basic cupcakes?

I just seen Holly mention milk and I have never used milk in my cupcakes :saywhat:

I usually just use a victoria sponge recipe, i.e. weighing out the eggs and matching the marg, flour and sugar xx

lmao what u like holly!!

youll have to go to asda n just walkaround with cupcakes in mind...i bet youll get loads of ideas!

kelly, i use normal cake recipe...everyone has there own recipes though...there isnt no right or wrong......unless u cut out a main ingredient :rofl:

Kelly, i use a recipe i got from a Peggy Porschen book, it worked for me so i never tried another :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->