Cake Making & Baking Group

Ahh i saw it on FB Hac, umm Kez your not on my FB are you? Will have to wait until i get home to see them, im sure they look scrummy

Ive got some Mickey Mouse birthday cupcakes to make so i might have a practive at them tonight since my stash from CraftCompany has arrived :happydance:

im getting a little craft company delivery today too!! Nothing too exciting though, just boxes mainly!

Mine too Andrea, all i had was 2 different lots of cases, a few boxes and a couple of packs of disp piping bags, nothing interesting i just needed a top up!!

And also, randomly, we are the 4th most popular group in this section based on replies :happydance:

Jac that cake looks professional! I'm really impressed. How did you do the badge in the end?

Glitter your cupcakes look delish as usual!

I would love to go to the cake show but I know my OH would HATE it and I don't fancy driving myself there. I may see if I can sweet talk him, or bribe him

Wow! Jac that looks brilliant!
How did you do the badge in the end?

oo yummy looking cupcakes glitterfairy :) xxx

Thanks girls, I'm mega impressed with it myself..:blush:

I made a template of the sheild and horse and cut the sheild shape out of yellow fondant. Then put the template over the sheild once on the cake and used a mix of black food colour and gel food colour for the horse and used one of these tools I have here to t the red/yellow/green strips for top with a ruler for straight lines:thumbup:

btw, its lemon cake, with lemon curd and lemon buttercream in:winkwink:
Im deffo sticking to my usual recipe, thats two cakes...they rose really well!!!

gorgeous cupcakes GF!! mmmm I want cake now!:blush:

Hi Ladies :)

I've been reading this thread for about a week now, and have to say you have all inspired me!

I'm planning on making my stepson his 5th Birthday cake this week, Thursday hopefully. I will be my 2nd attempt at making a fondant covered cake. The first was a very failed attempt for my OHs birthday at the beginning of the month, I gave up in the end and just covered it in buttercream and chocolate shavings lol

I placed an order on the craft company website for the fondant on Sunday, how long do the deliveries usually take?

Thanks in advance xx

ooooh jac that looks amazing, it looks very professional

kez ur cupcakes are gorgeous as ever!!

i took some cupcakes into work for my night shift last night and some how came out with a mario head cake :wacko: i dont like doing cakes for people i work with its to much pressure :rofl:

do u guys think i'll be able to do summit like this?

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2278/2285204729_8d27d645f9.jpg

Gagging as in i really want one, not as in being sick :rofl:!

That looks really good but I bet molding the face 3D would be hard. Wonder if you could do a flat one?

Wow cakes are looking fab! I havent been on here for a while so a lil catching up to do!
Does any of you - Glitterfairy possibly have a buttercream recipe i can put onto my cupcakes - i need to colour the buttercream so i guess you just use food dye?

I bought my piping set the other day so u i wanna do the swirly buttercream on my cupcakes - please help!!! :) xxx

of course you can! Just stuff the cheeks and nose bit with sponge to get a better shape before you cover in buttercream!

Are you doing the cupcakes?! You have to!! They are so cute!

she didnt specifically ask for them but i have sent her that pic

i have just ordered a 5 tier cupcake/cake stand that i can split up and use so i really wanna do the cakes at the top and then the cupcakes at the bottom

i have some cute pics and wrappers that have cars and fire engines on them which might go nice underneath

ok so im gonna do lime and coconut, stawberries and cream, and white amaretto cupcakes.

Then attempt an angel cake :)

Anyone know that buttercream recipe yet? ;) xx

Well I am hoping t do a trial of my wedding cake next month :shock: Not sure how it will turn out! But it is pretty simple so it should be easy enough!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->