Cake Making & Baking Group

Cassy i just use this recipe for my buttercream

100g butter
200g cream cheese
600g icing sugar

:thumbup:

My Buttercream is usually 2 tablespoons of butter and half a small pack of icing sugar,a tsp of vanilla essence and a little bit of milk.

To colour it i use the colour pastes rather than the really runny liquid food colouring.

Leanne those cupcakes are similar to what i'm going to be trying to do thursday night for Jacks birthday.

OMG i am so annoyed, i was going to make some minnie mouse cupcakes as a practice run for some birthday ones i have to do in June, so nipped to Sainsburys and got the little Dr Oetker pack, you know the one with 5 mini 100g packs? Got home, opened the box and there was no black .. but 2 green instead :hissy: man am i pissed!! So no its just red and whie cupcakes, no minnie mouse's :(

Oh no.How frustrating!!!

Email them and complain...might send you some freebies or a voucher?

aww shite Holly........ agree with emailing them though!! Those packs are fab, I have a few in my cupboard incase i just need wee bit of coloured fondant so I dont have to mix it up!

i have those packs too but i wish they did some other colours! :cloud9:

right so i have your buttercream recipes and you can pipe it too? wont be too thick or runny? well i hope not! lol.

I love minnie mouse! sainsburys should give you a voucher - i know asda do when they cock up :flow:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/2s2xy4u/4f9b317f.jpg

Well these are the cupcakes, just plain vanilla sponge and ice white buttercream, although the light in my kitchen is pants. The plan was to have a cutout of a Minnie shaped head with a tiny red bow on the top ...

Id do a pair of boobs on top of them Andrea!! :rofl:
Ohhhh I ve just finished Ants birthday cake...I am soooo pleased with it...especially how the horse came out, even though he's the wrong way round:dohh: I got too excited and realised once I was halfway through coloring him..:blush:

I did the trick with the fondant by not turning it owver and it looks soooo much better! I also did 2 layers of fondant as I think Im having trouble with getting the thickness right as it looked a bit thin, so I did another thinnish one and chucked that over too..made hell of a difference:haha:

so pics..:

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/antscake.jpg

:happydance:
That is fan bloody tastic Jacs!!
You are a natural, can't wait to see the cannabis cake

and jo....ive just been out and saw that exact same penguin from ur avatar, it wa shuge, i just pointed at it n went 'granny jo!!!' my mum n a few shoppers who overheard were very confused LOL
:rofl: :rofl:
where did you see it? I want it!!

wow loads to catch up on, I made about 70 today, a mixture of Orange, Lemon and vanilla.
Apparently Ant is being bugged at work because god forbid he hasn't taken any in for a week!! :roll: :rofl:
I'm also having a girls night in on Sat and had loads of eggs that needed using, that is why so many, I'm gonna ice some for Ant for work tomorrow and them ice the rest on Sat, plus I need to make some "baby" ones, though I'm a bit peeved that some toppers I ordered are not here yet, so fingers crossed they will be here Fri/Sat at latest otherwise I will have 50 blue and white baby feet for no reason :rofl:

right so i have your buttercream recipes and you can pipe it too? wont be too thick or runny? well i hope not! lol.

I love minnie mouse! sainsburys should give you a voucher - i know asda do when they cock up :flow:
I use Holly's Recipe and it is fab for icing

Just been to Tesco to stock up on butter and creamcheese

Morrisons is so expensive for own cheese compared to Tesco

Id do a pair of boobs on top of them Andrea!! :rofl:
Ohhhh I ve just finished Ants birthday cake...I am soooo pleased with it...especially how the horse came out, even though he's the wrong way round:dohh: I got too excited and realised once I was halfway through coloring him..:blush:

I did the trick with the fondant by not turning it owver and it looks soooo much better! I also did 2 layers of fondant as I think Im having trouble with getting the thickness right as it looked a bit thin, so I did another thinnish one and chucked that over too..made hell of a difference:haha:

so pics..:

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/antscake.jpg

:happydance:
That is fan bloody tastic Jacs!!
You are a natural, can't wait to see the cannabis cake

and jo....ive just been out and saw that exact same penguin from ur avatar, it wa shuge, i just pointed at it n went 'granny jo!!!' my mum n a few shoppers who overheard were very confused LOL
:rofl: :rofl:
where did you see it? I want it!!

wow loads to catch up on, I made about 70 today, a mixture of Orange, Lemon and vanilla.
Apparently Ant is being bugged at work because god forbid he hasn't taken any in for a week!! :roll: :rofl:
I'm also having a girls night in on Sat and had loads of eggs that needed using, that is why so many, I'm gonna ice some for Ant for work tomorrow and them ice the rest on Sat, plus I need to make some "baby" ones, though I'm a bit peeved that some toppers I ordered are not here yet, so fingers crossed they will be here Fri/Sat at latest otherwise I will have 50 blue and white baby feet for no reason :rofl:

Im excited to start the cannabis cake now, lol! Im having a mare trying to get hold of the maple leaf cake boards! My local shop only does the normal ones:growlmad:
Dont really want to order online as dont wanna pay silly postage for one cake board...:dohh:

Ive ordered a nursery cuters set off Lindys cakes to make those Jo! I am determined I am going to make all of Leo's christening cake.:thumbup:

Girls how much is a white 3 or 4 tier cakestand to buy? The shop near me charges £20 for its hire, but £15 to me as such a good customer:rofl:

is it worth buying one instead?

Holly fab cakes, your cakes are always so perfect!

It's all about trial and error to get it to the right consistency that you like/want.

I like your piping nozzle Holly,which one is that? I got 3 the other day and only really like 1...one of them comes out and looks like a dog turd :haha:

Hi ladies
Need a bit of help, could anyone tell me how much this cake would cost to have recreated? Thanks in advance.

https://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss187/oakeyfamily/3341422075_342d29dc83.jpg

I just use the basic recipe but add in the juice and zest of a lemon or 2. I do the same for the BC and use lemon curd or raspberry jam. mmm! Once upon a time I made one with lemon pudding in it and it was lovely and light but a bit of a hassle.

ooh, well so long as i can get out the house this afternoon (tommys finally in the pushchair part of his pram so im loving taking him out atm...he loves being able to see everything :D) ill pick some lemons up and have a go at em.
Thank you :D xxx

I am going to make some cupcakes on Friday for our girly meet up in Bradford :)

Not sure what kind I'm going to make yet ... hmmm. Any ideas? I am going to get the ingredients tomorrow xx

Hi ladies
Need a bit of help, could anyone tell me how much this cake would cost to have recreated? Thanks in advance.

https://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss187/oakeyfamily/3341422075_342d29dc83.jpg

Do you mean how much it would cost you to make it yourself or have someone else make it?

Lemon cake is just sponge recipe with a little milk,grated lemon rind in the sponge and lemon juice icing. Made those at the weekend and they went down well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->