Cake Making & Baking Group

You don't have to use milk.

I NEED to bake or make something and keep busy but i don't want to make cupcakes,what can i bake?

I am going to make some cupcakes on Friday for our girly meet up in Bradford :)

Not sure what kind I'm going to make yet ... hmmm. Any ideas? I am going to get the ingredients tomorrow xx

How about some lemon cupcakes? Mint flavoured buttercream? Chocolate fudge? Mars Bar ones are usually loved by all my lady friends and relatives!

I don't have the ingredients and i'm stuck at home on my own until 6.30 tonight.I always think that would be really tricky to make too?

oh sorry should have said i meant for someone else to make it i've seen a pic of it online when i searched white and purple cakes and its perfect.

Either a 3 tier of four tier guestimation price would be helpful? Thanks.

oh sorry should have said i meant for someone else to make it i've seen a pic of it online when i searched white and purple cakes and its perfect.

Either a 3 tier of four tier guestimation price would be helpful? Thanks.

It would depend how big each cake was/how many people you would need to feed, also whether you wanted sponge or fruit cake. I would guess around £30-£50 for all the ingredients and icing etc, but thats not including electricity, tins and things xx

Sorry forgot to say it will be mainly sponge not fruitcake with maybe a chocolate top tier.

The smallest you would be able to do a 3 tier would be 10" 8" and 6" I think. Anything smaller probably won't look right.

Ingredients:

18 eggs - £2
1.5kg bag of self raising flour - £2
1.5kg tub of margerine - £3-£4
1.5kg bag of caster sugar - £2
500g of butter - £2-£3
1kg of icing sugar - £2
Jar of Jam - £1
Tub of Cocoa Powder - £2
Baking Powder - £1
2.5kg of Regalice in White - around £10
Ribbon - Around £2-£3
Cake Board - £2
Cake Box - around £3
Diamontes - £3-£5
Flowers - £5

So as I said before it will be around £50 not including electricity xx

bearing in mind also if your going to ask a proffessional that never comes cheap...they place a ridiculous price on their time on top of elec & ingrediants xxx

i am starting to understand why they add so much though....... (not maisie fantasie and the like!!!!)

When i make a cake, its not just s few hours time spent on it, it can take up days of time making flowers etc..... added it all up the last time i made a cake I was working for 25p an hour :shock: Thats illegal!

I have a year before Daisy goes to Nursery then I have to decide on whether I will make this my living or just do a couple of cakes a month and go back to work.
If I do decide to make it my living I am going to have to get over the fear of charging for cakes!!!
I am such a coward when it comes to charging for a cake!! I have now taken to getting all their details and phoning them back cos I hate being put on the spot!!

But even now I wish I had the guts to charge more cos everytime I have given a price the customer gets all excited cos its so cheap!!!!!

I'd haveto get myself a manager!!!

Who are you getting to do your cake Katie?

Just realised you said for someone else to make it :dohh:

It would probably cost around £150-£200 if someone was to make it I'd guess thats what they would charge xx

oh i love cheese scones!!

haha Kelly i thought you were offering to make her cake for her!!

So i made my lemon cupcakes (yum) but then i got annoyed cause i have no nice way to display them...so i made a cupcake/cake stand :D :D
So here are my cupcakes on my new homemade stand..
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs480.ash1/26295_416208040699_588895699_5757234_4819004_n.jpg
and here is a better pic of the stand, iv made it so i could stick a 8" cake on top and have cupcakes round the bottom or have it all cupcakes :) :)
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs460.snc3/26295_416208045699_588895699_5757235_7252032_n.jpg
Not bad for less than a fiver :D xxx

ETA lol the cupcakes arent burnt..just the light :lol:

Kris I love how you made a stand :)
the cupcakes look yummy as well

Well I seem to have shot myself in the foot :dohh:
It is one of my friends little boys christening soon, and I have some baby feet cases so I thought I would offer to do some as a gift to her ( never mind I may get orders :lol:)
Shit shit shit is is this Sunday!!! she also has 41 guests :dohh:
I'm already making some Fri/Sat for girls night in!!
What have I done?????

You just may not see me this weekend, I will be under a cloud of flour and icing.

I also have to finish some that I promised Ant for work!!

That's brilliant thanks for your help girls i'm not sure yet who we're getting whoever's the cheapest really i would only want the professional to do a 3 tier sqaure chocolate bottom, sponge middle tier, and chocolate top in white with the silver ball decoration and then i'll decorate it myself with silk flowers in the cadbury's purple colour theme.
OH's mum might know someone a family friend who could do it, if not feel free to offer your services ladies lol. :D :D :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->