Cake Making & Baking Group

Is that Daisy?! :rofl: how did she manage that?! + I love how you go get the camera instead of rescuing her :rofl: :rofl:

LOL yeah thats her! No idea how she managed it! I went through and said "what are you doing?!" and she just started laughing so I went to get the camera!!

She sat there for ages then just lifted it off herself!

OMG how funny is that!!! i wud of been in stitches!!

:rofl:

It's something like 1:3 fat:icing i think

for the piping, what fat do you use???? ive just used butter and suprise suprise it just turned my colour green instead of blue.

I use kerrygold butter for mine, it's quite a pale butter so not so greeny icing!

Am I the only one who is spending an absolute fortune on cutters? Everytime I am online I am looking for new ones!

I use kerrygold butter for mine, it's quite a pale butter so not so greeny icing!

Am I the only one who is spending an absolute fortune on cutters? Everytime I am online I am looking for new ones!

I use that too :D

+ no omg, i cant believe the price of cutters! You can make your own out of lasagna pans u know ;o

Woooo hoooo finished it this afternoon , what do yous think??

Just found this thread and i start by seeing Daisy & the box :rofl: :rofl:
That's just made my morning!!!!

And Pinksnowball that looks fantastic!

I have a carrot cake in the fridge waiting on the buttercream to crust then I'll be attempting my 1st fondant covering! Wish me luck haha, I need it.

EDIT - well im glad I did a practise run! Defo harder than it looks. I smoothed and smoothed but still got some bumpy bits so I'm gonna do 2 coats of B.C. with the birthday cake and I'm gonna have to make them really flat ontop because I have an odd sort of dome shaped cake and it looks like its leaning to one side a bit. Makes me wonder if I'll be better off doing a smaller but taller cake? I'm gonna cover the cakeboard too because it was a nightmare trying to cut the fondant under the cake! Also got some cracking but i think its jst beacuse the fondant dried out a little bit, I had been playing with it a few nights back and covered it in clingfilm :shrug: Wont be a problem with the final product because I have new regalice professional still in the packaging.

i LOVE carrot cake, have never been able to make one though!

Great job pinksnowball!!

Blah good luck! My parents are getting their ceilings replastered at the moment and as a random thought I wondered if plasterers would make good icers!! My OH said only if the cake was 20'x20'!! Now there's an idea...........

Pinksnowball That cake is fab! Well done!

Blah, how did you get on with it in the end? I have decided on a smaller base cake for Daisy, I was getting a bit adventurous I think and was planning on a 12" topped with a 10", Now it will be an 8" with a 6"..... A mini stack!

Daisy is away with her Daddy for the day so I am planning on making a lemon sponge with vanilla buttercream and lemon curd.

Then onto a plain white icing with the dreaded stripes and some hearts and stars (got some more new cutters this morning!!) :blush:

yes thats what i thought.. too much trouble!

was ok in the end actually. had leftover fondant so made some flowers but they look a bit naf and too thick and floppy so def gonna stick to using flower paste for the flowers!

Only a week to go until the birthday so im gonna start making my sugar flowers tonight i think.

Stripes are a nightmare! everytime I cut them really equal, they go all stretched by the time i get them onto the cake. I'm doing an 8" and a 10" + I'm doing a lemon sponge with lemon curd and vanilla buttercream on the 10" and a vanilla sponge with vanilla b.c. and jam for the top tier.

https://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

hilarious! We're all fab compared to some 'proffessional' bakers out there!

This is my fav..

inspiration..
https://bp2.blogger.com/_wGr8njEWjtI/SHaFrGQaEnI/AAAAAAAAAIs/Lseu0imY8CE/s320/uglydress_1996_2326893.jpg

cake they got..
https://bp2.blogger.com/_wGr8njEWjtI/SHaF9GWOC4I/AAAAAAAAAI8/eVrBa-Q9ls8/s400/drunk+plaid.jpg

can't believe a baker would have the cheek to deliver a wedding cake that looked like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->