Cake Making & Baking Group

Yeah i like old with brown

Sarah it depends what kind of cake you want to make really, you dont need anything too major, just a tin, a rolling pin, spatula, palette knife/cake smoother and a sharp knife ... i think thats it really hun

Yeah i like old with brown

Sarah it depends what kind of cake you want to make really, you dont need anything too major, just a tin, a rolling pin, spatula, palette knife/cake smoother and a sharp knife ... i think thats it really hun

Thankyou holly
I popped into TKMAXX as when we did food shop...i bought 2x 9inch x 9inch cake tins which the clip at the side. They are quite deep so dont know how much mixture...i will experiment i think. Rolling pin is on my list, i have a big wooden one which should do for now. I have a spatula and getting a paletta knife from sainsburys on way home tomorrow!
Kind of excited and nervous really.
Thinking white icing...with polka dots maybe.
not sure at mo
xx

hi guys,

hows the baking going?

i have cake number 4 and 5 in the oven (the teddies head!) need to bake one more cake 2moro and thats all the baking part done!! phhheeewww!

then its the carving and building :(

im REALLY not looking forward to piping all the fur on again, i always worry im guna run out of grey buttercream...because u can never make the exact same shade again no matter how hard you try! LOL

andrea how u getting on with the carving?? xx

nuttymummy sounds like you have been busy, cant wait to see the finish cake.
Whats it like caving the cake?
x

I dont know, maybe her last post but i thought she was talking to Jo? :confused:

Unless she really is invisable :lol:

:hissy:

Black fondant should be banned!!! I'm having a nightmare of a day!

7 cakes baked today!!!!
Then OH asked for some bloody cupcakes for work tomorrow!! So i made 12 of them!

I've got all the basic shapes covered, the head, the body and the base cake (had to do this as its a big party so they needed loads of cake!!)

I HATE black icing!!!!
I've stepped away from it for a while!!!

Yeah Jac they are just dowels :thumbup:
No idea about the icing!! Usually about half a cm thick i think..... and its pot luck on whther it comes out smooth!!
My black cake is looking shit!

Tracey I love your me to you bears....... i want you to help me make Daisys 2nd birthday cake which will be in the same 3D style but winnie the pooh!!

Not til September though! :D

:rofl: Andrea, I feel your pain. Its worse than grey and thats saying something.

Nintendo cupcake for Jacks birthday tomorrow! What do you think? I never really use fondant.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P4291654.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P4291652.jpg

they are brilliant!
personally id love them lol...i dont like mariokart wii..:blush::blush:
:haha:
Especially good considering you dont often use fondant! xxx

they look fab glitter wel done!!

i am having a bad cake day :(

I made a 14" base cake for the wasp.... thought i had supported it well but the wasp was heavier than I though and squished the cake underneath :(

Soooooo i had to shift the wasp onto its own board..... i hate it, I am pissed off with it and want it over with!!

Only thing now is I have a 14" rectangle cake and a wasp that isnt big enough to feed the party!!

So I thought I'd cut it into squares and cover them in fondant? Like mini cakes...... would you be pissed off if I changed the cake that much?!

She didnt really want a base on the cake to start with but the amount of people going to the party the wasp would have been MASSIVE! LOL!
So, its back to the original idea but with some little extra cakes?!

Also I need advice on the eyes...... I wanted a cartoony look on it but I made some eyes and it looked like something out of the simpsons!!

Help help help!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00990.jpg
    DSC00990.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 22
Wasp cake looks fab hun it really does and i love the eyes too! Id make the other cake just a slab cake? Youve done really well especially considering how much you were dreading it!! xx

Ok I have decided to make chocolate cuppies with choc fudge icing ... mmmmmm. Now what colour cases should I use? I was thinking of doing my brown case, but think they will be 'too brown' iykwim. So was thinking of maybe using the white ones? xx

Is that for us??? :happydance::happydance:

I'm sorry just ignore me....I'm having a nightmare trying to find a small footprint mould, I asked a few pages back and the last page...:shrug: I'm stroppy atm, just tell me to piss off, s'ok:thumbup:
Andrea, that wasp is gonna look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Whats the matter with you woman? If you dont like the eyes why dont you put a half circle of black across the top so it looks like an eyelid?? It wont look so 'surprised' and resemble someones botox gone wrong :rofl:

Ive done my cannabis cake:happydance:

Ohhhhh Jac you are a genius! lets see some pics then!!!!

:smug:

ok....hang on
(ohhh those nintendo cakes are AWESOME BTW.....how ace do they look!_

ETA: MY 10'000 TH POST WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/IMG_0803.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/IMG_0806.jpg

I soooo enjoyed doing that!:haha:

oh his name is Rocky too..:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics