Cake Making & Baking Group

Rainbow Cupcakes in the oven!

With those and the Nintendo birthday cupcakes today i may have a very hyper son later!

if ammy didnt need a new carseat i'd sooo get a mixer :(

ok i'v got 12 plain vanilla in the oven, and iv mixed some cocoa powder into the leftover mix so should get 5/6 outta that....
then some cookies :D

Kez those nintendo cupcakes were awesome you did a great job!!

No cupcakes for a few days over here i think, i might have my work cut out on trying to sort out Brookes sleeping :(

I might make a nice quiche over the weekend though, just need to find a nice recipe that doesnt have cheese in it as OH cant really have it

Thanks for the answers girls...I must get stroppy more often :rofl:

Jo, I am soooooooooooo jelous!!!!!!!!!! Moneys a bit scarce this end atm and I sooooo want a kitchen aid:haha:

Tracey I'm thinking I'm going to order the little feet cupcake toppers off ebay too...I really wanted a mould to do my own but they all seem so big.....I'm prob gonna get one of those moulds to do the big feet on the cake though.
I'll prob use plain white and blue cases for the cupcakes and alternate them with blue/white icing...
I LOVE those booties though, are they claydough? I think Ive seen them around on the net...I wanted sugar ones..I know I'm an awkward cow:blush:

No more cakes from me for a little while I'm back on my diet as from tomorrow and baking is just too much of a temptation for me.

So, christening cake next then my best mates mums birthday cake...I need some PAYING orders LOL!

My choc fudge cuppies are out and decorated :) all in their box ready for tomorrow! :D Just got my last lot in to eat tonight haha xx

they retail at about £200 :D

I look at mixers often :blush:

I've been dropping hints for weeks and he just isnt taking me on at all!! Arse!
*gulp*!!!
I better make sure it is not just a passing fad then hadn't I :lol:

Thanks for the answers girls...I must get stroppy more often :rofl:

Jo, I am soooooooooooo jelous!!!!!!!!!! Moneys a bit scarce this end atm and I sooooo want a kitchen aid:haha:

Tracey I'm thinking I'm going to order the little feet cupcake toppers off ebay too...I really wanted a mould to do my own but they all seem so big.....I'm prob gonna get one of those moulds to do the big feet on the cake though.
I'll prob use plain white and blue cases for the cupcakes and alternate them with blue/white icing...
I'm not even asking where he got the £££ from for it, I love my Kenny he is fab!!

The wilton footprint cases I linked to, I do not like them!!!
they have gone nearly see through and I am not happy, but I have done too many now to change the cases.
I really thought a Wilton product would be better :(

Theres a shop near me that sells Kitchenaids ... do you think if one just "fell" into my ummm massive handbag that they would notice? :rofl: :rofl:

my cupcakes are done and ready :D :D
They have covered in melted choc and whipped cream frosting...
this is before the whipped cream frosting went on (vanilla cupcakes are the backrow and choc on the front, the are covered in melted white and milk choc)
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs337.snc3/29455_416887170699_588895699_5767303_836500_n.jpg
then i topped the ones with white choc with chocolate whipped cream frosting, and the ones with milk choc with vanilla whipped cream frosting :D
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs346.ash1/29455_416887175699_588895699_5767304_2972153_n.jpg
They are tasty! :D xxx

lol it looks like my entire house is full of rubber ducks :rofl:
Please excuse the mess! :haha: xxx

Kris they look scrummy :)

Ok a bit of a puzzle for you, it has confused me all day but I have finally figured it out.
I doubled all my ingredients this moring to make 24 cupcakes but for some reason I was left with loads of mix and managed to get another 12 out of it :shock:
The only conclusion I could come to is that Kenny had magical powers! :rofl:

These are the lightest fluffiest I have ever made.

Wanna know what the answer is?

I used 500g each of flour, sugar, butter and 4 eggs

Just done it again to make 12 to see if it happened again and it did but with 250g and 2 eggs.

Yep I cocked up, I should have been working with a base weight of 125g/4 1/2oz

for some reason 250g was stuck in my head, so that was double but with same eggs, does that make sense?
Basically in this mornings batch I was 4 eggs short, and now 2 eggs short.

But they have turned out fantastic, really light, so I am quite pleased with my mistake, going by all that if I did the normal 4oz/125g I would only need 1 egg, it goes against all baking I have ever done!! :rofl:

stoppit damn you!!! I want a mixer...any mixer....doesnt have to be a kitchen aid, honestly...just a mixer!!! argghhh!!!!

o god i forgot to say glitterfairy (thats coz i had so many pages to catch up on!)

your mario cupcakes are totally awesome!!! love the yoshi ones....kai went wow mario!!!
:)

mmmmm kris, they look yummy....and sooooo naughty!

jac, that what the woman wants here...alternate white n blue, with the opposite coloured feet on. yeah those booties are claydough...everyone likes them because they can be kept as a keepsake and on the bottom it has , Weight, Length, Date and Name spaces on the bottom to fill in....they are dead cute!! i have about 20 pairs in a box in my cake 'drawers' in the back hall :) also have the claydough prams which i totally forgot i had!! havent used them yet!

well to say this will be the third time ive made this tatty teddy cake its totally driving me insane!!

the first time i made it i thought...wow that was easy! 2nd time i made it i thought...hhmmm it was easier the first time, its abit tricky....this time im thinking WTF!! what a nightmare...NEVER again!! (which is a shame coz i already have another one ordered...which is going to be even harder as she wants it to wear a bonnet!! :( LOL)

the one thing i didnt want to go wrong...didnt actually go wrong, but everything else did!! i had to take the dress off 3 times! it was either too short, too heavy, or started to rip!

its finally dressed now, but just need to finish piping the fur on the arms (im having a rest because the muscle in my arm has gone like a rock n its hurts :rofl:)

just needs its nose and stitches on, the plaque doing and its all done i think!

god its really stressed me out today!!

Cant wait to see it Tracey, its sounds fab!

Yeah I think Im going to get a pair of those booties for the top of Leo's cake.
Ive managed to win my own mini foot mould off ebay so hopefully am going to make my own cupcake toppers.

Your cake sounds alot like mine is going to look like!

Wow......

Amazing nintendo cupcakes they look wicked!
TGJ....wow the wasp is fantastic...i think i would of thrown it agains the wall if it was me lol.
oooo those chocolate cupcakes look lush.....i want one.
Jo....wow love kenny! lol

Right ladies please please please can you help.
I have bought some tins....they are 9 inch...and nearly 3cm deep...is this 'average' would i make up two sponges then a filling? Any tips for icing the cake? i have a smoother to help. Might keep it simple with polka dots. I roll out the icing on my kitchen surface normally.....but always find it messy...like when i try to cover cake...will it rip?
?????help please??????

xx

im soooo tired!!

I have now finished the wasp, made her a load of cupcakes to go with it and 2 boxes of gift cupcakes that she ordered aswell.

I feel like I have wasted a lifetime on this cake! and dunno it has cost alot more than estimated! But hey ho!

I've run out of tons of colours etc need to get another order in!

Just had an order off an old school mate, she wants an adidas trainer for her boyfriends birthday!!!
She doesnt want white trainers.......... the blood drained from my face when I thought she was gonna say BLACK!
But its ok!!! It is to be blue! Phew!!!

Will take some pics in a while, need to rest my arm a bit! LOL!

cant wait to see pics!

my cake is a mega disaster :cry:

come away from it for now then gonna see if i can fix it

oh no pinksnowball...what up...give yourself a break and go back to it like you say x

:cry:

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/cake11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"