Cake Making & Baking Group

yay well done andrea....its crap when u give an estimate n its costs lots more isnt it?

it feels like uve wasted all your time...

this tatty teddy ive done is bigger than the other ones ive made...theres an extra cake inside it...its approx 32cm tall...but very fat!! i ddint carve enough off the belly so it looks obese LOL im not happy with it buts theres not much i can do!

anyway heres cake number one:
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs299.snc3/28602_386820058322_509248322_3971221_4911493_n.jpg

i havent taken a pic of the tatty teddy one yet till 2moro morning!

its not that bad pink! love the shimmer :)

were you making a topsy turvy cake?

ooooh love that one!!

i was aiming for the textured one to be ish :cry:

dont give up...topsy turvy ones are NOT easy...ive only ever tried one. ill probably try another one, one day but they are hard to carve and cover!!

awww leanne it looks fine! I have a topsy turvy cake for june,,,,,, shit!

ok..... now im not overlly happy with any of these so bear with me...... just been having a crap cake day!! :hissy:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs516.ash1/30435_422498920878_620555878_5348606_2559660_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs516.ash1/30435_422498930878_620555878_5348608_7596291_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs536.snc3/30435_422498940878_620555878_5348610_5887714_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs516.ash1/30435_422498950878_620555878_5348611_7435208_n.jpg

the writing on them is crap but i tried so many times and they were getting worse so had to give in and use one!!

the wasp......
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs556.snc3/30435_422498910878_620555878_5348604_7258529_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs556.snc3/30435_422498975878_620555878_5348616_8310216_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs536.snc3/30435_422498990878_620555878_5348618_6203079_n.jpg

OMG OMG that wasp is bloody awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks girls!

Tracey i love your pink cake!! Its gorgeous! Cant wait to see your obese tatty teddy! :rofl:

i want to try one but im too scared!!

WOW! the wasp is amazing!!
lea - i think your cake is really good xx

All the cakes posted are fabby!

Pinksnowball - Its great so don't :cry:! I like the texturing and shimmer, it looks dead pretty.
Andrea - I see what u mean about the wasp looking stoned :rofl: hes very cute though!

Pinksnowball...love the colour...how did you get the shimmer? just think of it as a practise hun. dont be disheartened.

nuttymummy...lovely cake...love the colours

TJG...love the cakes and cupcakes well done...how do you get you cupcakes to be slim? if you get what i mean...like mine are huge and 'fat' yours cases are slim and hold the shape?

Really dont think i will make a cake...girls can anyone help with my questions i am really stuck. Do i need to ask questions in other cake thread?
x

thanks girls

my main objective was to use the texture pads i had any i was really really pleased with it, but i dont think i will be trying to do to many cakes when i have just got in from work :rofl:

heres the spray- if you only use a little bit it all just glitters, if u use alot it turns silvery i love love love it!!
https://www.cakesbysam.com/store/images/pi_22261.jpeg

lol snowball...i have that spray...everything else glitters in the kitchen too...including the air!! LOL

great wasp andrea!! did u not make those mini cakes in the end?
ha ha yeah it does look stoned!! but he looks great!!

OMG i could :cry:

this tatty teddy has been the worst nightmare ever! i finished the cake last night, and spent the rest of the night in the living room watching OH on 'just dance' LMAO
walked back into the kitchen to find disaster....one of its arms had started to come away...ripping the dress off with it!! i had to push the arm back on (squashing and ruining all the buttercream piping and jamming dowels in it left right n centre to hold it on. its head has started to slope to one side....i have no idea why there are dowels n cake cards inside to support it?! so once its arm was supported i went to bed hoping it would still be on in the morning to re-do the piping. i came down, got the piping bag ready n started to pipe all the fur back on.....then i noticed something that has never happened before.....there was BUTTER seeping from the buttercream!! i mean WTF!?
i made it in the same way....i have no heating on, everything was the same except for one thing....i had no milk, so used rice dream (milk substitute) and now i have yellow pools of butter over the fur and heading down the dress!! i am SOO annoyed! in all the time ive made cakes i dont think ive ever had a cake this bad....its a nightmare! n the worst part is...ive already made two of these before....and have to make another one! shes coming for it today, and theres just nothing else i can do now, so its going to have to have a tilted head :(

AAAARRRGGGHHHH its times like this u feel like giving up the cake making!

oh god i feel for you! It must be something in the air with all these sinking cakes cos mine collapsed when I put the wasp on it, and i thought it was totally supported :(

What time is she coming for it? I text the woman a pic of the wasp cake last night and she said she loves it, i just hope she loves it in real life!!

I was giving up yesterday too! I think i want to stick to flowery cakes and not sculpted ones!

Im sure you will fix it and it will look fantastic, :hugs:

yeh i didnt do the mini cakes, i think they would have been good but it would have meant going out and buying mre fondant and id spent enough on this cake already!!

So, had all the ingredients in the house for cupcakes so decided to make those instead!
I was gonna make a few wee wasps on wires to stick out of a few of them but cant be arsed!!! :blush:

lol yeah i know what u mean...i was going to mention that the mini cakes would cost alot more money...lots of fondant for each individual cake.

i cant do anything to it now...its just going to have to have a slanted head! im sooo gutted!

yeah simple cakes are always the best....just round ones with shapes stuck on :rofl: and cupcakes! i give up with the 3d too much stress!! and theres one thing im always going to remember from this...and past experiences. NEVER underestimate cake!! support the fecker as if its a building! LOL and when its finished...check on it an hour after for any signs of it falling apart! LOL

this one has a cake card...and probably about...8 plastic dowels in it! as well as spaghetti supports for the ears and muzzle.
im so not looking forward to the next tatty teddy i have to make...she wants it to wear a bonnet!!! EEEKKKK!! i think ill make the smaller ones like before...this ones alot bigger! LOL

so whats your next one??

i have an ACE break!!! i watch nightmare on elm street on friday when its released, then i pack..and go on holiday on the 10th to blackpool for 4 nights....and then christening cupcakes for the 30th.....im so happy i have a break after this one!! LOL

wooooo Freddy AND a holiday!! Cant wait to discuss it with you!!!!! Good times!

I'm having a couple of weeks off too! (unless i get an order in between!)
but my next one i am really looking forward to!

Its a friends aunts birthday and she wants a flowery cake cos she likes nature...... so i asked her if i could do it like the one i posted a few weeks ago...... you know the one that looks like its a load of green stems and roses on top?

But it is to be a 2 tier stack and green stems all round the 2 cakes and roses all over the flat bits!!

oooo i bet thats going to look gorgeous...i saved that cake to my 'folder' it looks stunning!!

yeah im going with another mad nightmare on elm street fan (he even has the glove tatooed on his back!)
at first i was gpoing mental saying how dare they remake it!! its going to be crap..no one can replace robert englund blah di blah. BUT when i saw that it was a re-IMAGINING and watched the last few trailers they released...i started to look forward more n more to seeing it! i actually cant wait now!!! i dont agree with some of his corny lines...but the special effects look cool ;)

yup! first trailer I saw i wanted to cry! he just wasnt Freddy :( Still cant wait to see it though!!!

Must remember to book babysitter!!!!!

Ahhh i love the wasp Andrea he's so cool!!

Sarah what were your questions sweets, i think i missed them?

Woe loads to catch up on, sorry if I have missed any one

TJG all I can say is WOW that cakes looks fab!!

PSB that cake looks a lot better than any I would attempt, don't be too hard on your self :hugs:

Nuttymummy I love the pink cake, sorry you have had such a nightmare with your Tatty Teddy, I hope it has all come right for you, the butter leaking sounds very odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->