Cake Making & Baking Group

My god,you are not going to look at mine for inspiration?? :wacko:

I'm just trying to cover my board now, I can't get the icing to stretch to the ends of it :dohh:, so trying to colour some to match, wish me luck LOL

just take it off and mix it all together so you have enough to cover it :)

yes I will be looking at yours for inspiration!! :)

nope not looked yet, i know u can get wheat and gluten free plain flour so maybe just add baking powder to that ???

hi girls.

no i dont crumb coat, just put quite thick buttercream on, saves time!! youd usually do a 'crumb-coat' if you were icing the whole cake in buttercream, or planning on only using a very thin coat of fondant :)

cant wait to see this garden shed! jo, if i cant get the icing to fit on the board i start rolling my rolling pin on it to make it fit LOL

Holly, the stinky little raisins tasted yummy in it! Needless to say that cake is no more! They dont last long in my house!!
They absolutely loved my pot cake! yay!:happydance: so much so they want me to do 2 more birthday cakes for them!! Gonna get the details when my mate next comes around:thumbup:

Ive ordered footprint moulds off ebay, silicone ones as I think the moulded feet look nicer than the cut ones, and Jo's kindly giving me her left over little feet! Thanks Jo:thumbup:

Oh and thanks to you lot, I went to bed dreaming of apple green kitchen aids last night.....i dreamt I had one in each color all lined up in my kitchen :rofl:
I think Ants starting to cave though, I think I must be driving him mad with all this Bloody mixer talk.....whats the bets theres one sat in my kitchen by the end of the week! Eeeeeeeeeeeeek I hope so!!!:wohoo:

Nooooooooo its NOT JUST A MIXER!!!!:growlmad:

Its a s exy, beatiful, shaggable, horny mixer :rofl:

haha! i told Neil id do whatever he wants for a whole week if he bought me one!! :rofl:

Where the pics of your pot Cake Jac?

erm..... im a bit stuck! I'm making an adidas trainer cake in 2 weeks...... only thing is they are Gazelles..... blue ones with white stripes..... and the box (was gonna do a shoe box and sit a traiber on top) is blue too!!

What can i do so it isnt a big mass of blue!!!! I thought about scruching up rice paper to make it look like the tissue paper from a shoe box but i dont think that would give the right effect
:help:

I've just spent nearly all afternoon baking. I made two batches of 16 (odd number) chocolate cupcakes and decorated them. I've also made a chocolate layer cake which is still in the oven as I write. It said 30 mins each layer and it's taken well over 3/4 hour for each! God I can't wait for it to finish. The first half of the layer cake didn't come out of the tin properly, it came out in two layers. I maybe able to patch it up once I put it all together and you may not even know it's happened. Do you think it was still to warm to be taken out of the tin, and that's the reason for it separating?

Anyway here's my latest cupcakes! And Oh, my hand mixer decided to stop working half way through one batch. Nipped out to tesco and got a new one for £4.18 bargain!!!!

Attachments

• Chocolate Cupcakes.JPG
    Chocolate Cupcakes.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 20
they look tasty! Yes i think your cake was still too warm. Mines crumble if theyre too warm too and i always have to bake my cakes a little longer than the recipe says.

does any supermarket sell coloured fondant but large sizes not the small ones by Dr Oetker? x

my cakes are in for an hour each :) lol

cassy ive never seen any supermarkets near here doing coloured fondant like that. just cake shops n the internet x

wallie...yummy looking cupcakes!! they look perfect! i bought loads of those hand mixers from tescos....some only last 4 weeks before they knacker-up again!! even the kenwood ones for £15 did the same thing!

andrea, id just do a white trainer box....as long as the trainers look like the ones he wanted its ok....a box is just a box!

jacs pot cake pics are a few pages back i think xx

erm..... im a bit stuck! I'm making an adidas trainer cake in 2 weeks...... only thing is they are Gazelles..... blue ones with white stripes..... and the box (was gonna do a shoe box and sit a traiber on top) is blue too!!

What can i do so it isnt a big mass of blue!!!! I thought about scruching up rice paper to make it look like the tissue paper from a shoe box but i dont think that would give the right effect
:help:

andrea:
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_0804.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_0805.jpg

crap pics as taken off my phone in lecky light, but theres a 9 bar on the top :rofl:

I would use white fondant as the paper stuff, sort of coming out of the box....drape it though like you would for a dress...not sure rice paper would look right tbh:shrug:

OOOOHHHHH your "pot" cake LOL!!!! I always thought of that as your hash cake and you were making a cake in a flower pot :blush:

Haha just ignore me!!

Yeah I thought the rice paper wouldnt look right, id be nervous of the draping fondant cos I've never tried it before!

Do you think it would be ok to use a pack of real, brand new laces in it?! Wonder if there is anything I could coat them in........ hmmmm.......

heeelllppppp!!

I have just made cupcakes and was getting my piping bag out to ice them and my OH has binned it :cry: He saw it was stained with colour and threw it the wally!! So is there anything else I can do? Or is it just a case of spooning it on?
I dont want to go out and buy one now cos already been to shop.
TIA xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"