Cake Making & Baking Group

I would just spoon it on too, it won't look as bad as you think, did you eat the rest of those cupcakes or did Richard have them LOL xx

I would just spoon it on too, it won't look as bad as you think, did you eat the rest of those cupcakes or did Richard have them LOL xx

James had one and Rick had the other :haha: They were impressed!! I think i will have to spoon it on. At least they are just for me and I will send some home with my mum for Chris :thumbup: xx

Spoon it on or you can "dip" them in runny fondant ... good oppurtunity for giving that one a try if you ask me :lol:

Andrea i thought Jac meant a floweport cake too :rofl: :rofl:

Got some cupcakes in the oven here, no "experiments" today though im afraid ladies, so you can find your weekly cake laugh somewhere else :rofl: :rofl:

lol polo, what flavour are you doing?

flower do u have some greaseproof paper?
https://www.the-wedding-information-site.com/paper-piping-bag.html

this how i used to make mine, then u just snip the end off n pop ur piping tube in the end.
i buy them all ready pre-cut into triangles now though :rofl: im lazy!! LOL

i hope there arent too many pages to catch up on when i get back!! im going on holiday for 4 nights....just to blackpool and i can see me having to read through 20 pages! LOL

You can make a piping bag out of greaseproof paper or use a freezer bag!

haha like Tracey said!! LOL

Enjoy your Holiday Tracey!!

Holly, i can see you writing a recipe book in a few years..... its how you will make your millions!! :D

:) i dont go till the 10th...just manage to squeeze a trip to the cinema in first to watch a certain film :) :rofl:

When I first made cupcakes I just used a knife to put the buttercream icing on and make it nice and neat by going round them. Well, a sort of kind of neat. The Primrose Bakery Cupcake book does that throughout.

But great tip, using a freezer bag or something. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Cupcakes1.JPG
    Cupcakes1.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 17
Ohhh Andrea and Tracey, i might go next Friday to see that, i dont want to see it because i know it'll never ever live up to the original, esp without Robert Englund, but im too curious not to see it. Its my favourite film everrrr, ok well no3 is but no1 is close behind :lol: Would you believe that it was my favourite movie as a kid? :rofl: :rofl:

Im making, coffee, choc orange and lemon ... but im going to try and dip the lemon ones instead :lol:

polo princess we have something in common!!! it is also my fav film...and was as a kid!! my bro had and still has every single one on video and we used to watch them all the time! this i was around 6 when i first experienced freddy!! :rofl: then had a scary experience at age 7-8 when my bro's bedroom door opened and closed on its own (was the wind from his bedroom window) but i ddint know that...and screamed the house down n said it was freddy :rofl: but even when i had that scary little mix-up..i still LOVED freddy! LOL

no, im going with the frame of mind that its a REIMAGINING and not a remake....that way it will be lot easier for my brain LOL

mmmmm lemon cupcakes :)

o yeah. andrea, just make the laces from fondant??

I could just go a lemon cup cake.mmmmmmmmm

I'm on baking strike this week, I need to lose about 5 lbs to get into my dress in 2 weeks...if I bake, I have to eat them:blush:

Andrea, no you cant put real laces in...will look daft!:haha: make them like Tracey said:thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: Tracey i think i was around the same age!! I love all horror films and im the reason my brother is scared of clowns because i made him watch IT when he was 4 :shock: :rofl: mean sister!!

I have a ltd edition 20" talking Freddy doll up in the loft, i only ever had it out of the box once, i should imagine it'll be worth a few £££'s in years to come, ive also got a Good Guy Doll up there too :lol:

Ok, cakes are done just uploading some piccies, though my fondant for dipping was too runny so they look pooooop!!

haha i watched Freddy as a very young child too!!

Still crazy on it and watch them regular... I LOVE 3 too Holly!

We have figures of him in our hall, one has a voice and is motion activated!!! :rofl:

arrrr I want lemon cake now to..... with runny fondant........... time to stick the oven on i think!!

Ok so my lemon "dipped" ones ...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/2s2xy4u/106e7363.jpg

Choccy orange ..

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/2s2xy4u/dc89eea7.jpg

And coffee ..

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/2s2xy4u/e05fc7f3.jpg

Excuse my crappy iphone pics :lol:

ooohh your dipped ones look fab!! I'm off to try and make some, last time i done it the icng dripped everywhere!

Andrea apparently the trick is to make sure the icing itself is quite warm, and your not supposed to put them in the fridge (i didnt know that!!) something about the way this icing sets :shrug:

Its a PITA to get it right, it looked dead thick in the bowl but once i dipped it was far too runny, that was the better looking one out of the 6 :rofl:

Jac i found a blog that explains it really easy, hang on i'll go find it

There ...

https://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-cover-cupcakes-with-poured-fondant

Though you can make it with Silverspoon Fondant Icing and warm water aswell. I prefer this type of icing "flat" rather than domed iykwim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->