1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon instant expresso powder
125ml semi skimmed milk at room temp

Coffee Buttercream Icing

150g unsalted butter at room temp
1 tblsp semi skimmed milk at room temp
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder desolved in a small amount of hot water
350g icing sugar, sifted

These recipes are from the Primrose Bakery book which I use often. The mixture will make 12 really good sized cupcakes (use the Muffin sized cases) and it is the perfect amount for 12 cakes this way.

The Buttercream icing - there's alot of it, so you'll just have to make more to ice :)

I prefer coffee cakes made with white sugar instead of brown.I find when i use brown sugar makes them a bit 'heavy'

Thank you :D
I HATE coffee which means im really not the best judge, but MIL loves it...
always been really gutted i hate coffee tbh, i love the smell but no matter how much sugar or milk there is its always horribly too bitter =/ xxx

I don't like coffee either but i actually like coffee cake.Coffee cupcakes seem to actually be the most popular cupcake i make and get asked to make quite often!

I hate coffee flavouring but quite like coffee itself.

ooohhh i just found this im gonna get it next week :D https://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/product/2233

I have this one. I have only used the largest star nozzle. I don't use the bag as I have disposables as I'm lazy!

It makes swirls like this:

https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/P1030547.jpg

whoppy are they stood on a trampoline??!!! :rofl:

im not too sure why i dont like mine?! i think ive just been so used to using a smaller one before they just look a little too big.

i used to like the coffee cake my mum made, i havent actually tried making it myself...but it was soooo yummy!!

i thought it was a changing mat they were on Tracey!!

I hate all forms of coffee!! yak!!

Why am I so fat when I am so picky with food?! I should be a size zero!!

i thought a changing mat at first, but it looks abit netted?!

same here andrea. im not fussy with stuff loaded with sugar but i hardly eat any meat, im so picky! i only stick to burgers, mince, n chicken. i dont eat lamb n beef etc. im really picky!!

im being really bad today, ive just had a mars bar an dim skipping dance class 2night which is my only source of exercise for the whole week! LOL i will have to put the wii on later to make-up for it LOL

PMSL yes they are on a trampoline! It was the only clear surface I had left after making 36 of them.:rofl: It was unused at that point I hasten to add!

Hmmm suede effect........... how about when you colour your fondant don't quite mix the colour completely (not marbled, you know just before perfect) and then texturise the surface with either a clean piece of actual suede or velvet etc? Sorry that's so lame but all I can think of!

My OH is being a difficult pain in the arse (what's new?!) and wants me to make him a Shelby 1967 gt500 cake. I swear I may have to leave him for being such a picky div!
Where the heck to I start??? HELP!!!!

https://mustangview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/1967_Ford_Mustang_Fastback_Shelby_GT500_02.JPG

Have any of you talented ladies made a christening cake? Rivers christening is next month and im not even sure where to start?

is it usually fruit or sponge?

is fruit alot harder then sponge?

my MIL asked if i needed a hand and i said no out of habit...im thinking i may need the help now lol

who is it that was looking for an alternative to almond marzipan a while back?

I just found this, they are still calling it marzipan, so unsure about the nut content but it might not have any!
https://www.squires-shop.com/ibf/index.php?p=product&id=5258&parent=38

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->