Cake Making & Baking Group

great muffins glitter!! i have a little bit of time on my hands...but cant bake coz i have no eggs :) its a good thing really coz id only have the kitchen in a mess!!

i use heavy duty.........avon boxes LMAO they get the cake from A to B and thats all theyre needed for :)

gemgti, good luck!! cant wait to see it!

i just use a standard cake box and make the lid sit taller with big straws taped on!

These?
https://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.com/media/2010/01/cakemain3.jpg
Looks like hard work to me :lol:

LOL they were on This Morning ages ago!! I meant to say on here!! They do look like hard work!!

But YUMMY! They are filled with fresh cream ....mmmmmm.........

Cupcakes will never be out in my land :)

I don't think i'd like them but they look funky and colourful! Saw them awhile back and heard they could be the new big thing in baking.

according to Holly on this morning, they are like massive iced profiteroles....... WOW!!! :munch:

They look too stodgy for me, like the recipes look like theyr meant to be quite heavy...i prefer light sponge xxx

lol same here glitterfairy i cant stand profiteroles....ive seen them before also....
and look like what the americans call macaroons (theyve been round for ages!)

macaroons are made with aged eggs (hate the sound of that! LOL)

my lord...they look sick!!! :sick:

https://www.wickedwhoopies.com/photos/38_h_photo4.jpg

lol apparantly they are a really old amish recipe, or new england phenomenon..and its where the phrase 'woopee!' came from lol.
Farmers wives used to make em for the farmers and they would have them after their work on the feild and afterwards they'd shout 'woopie!' lol xxx

If your making lemon/orange flavoured cupcakes would you use the juice of either one of them or use the bottled stuff? like the sort of bottles almond extract comes in...?

I've bought bottles today but i'm thinking i should just use proper lemon/orange juices...

I use fresh lemon juice or jif lemon juice for lemon cupcake icing and add zest into the sponge.

:happydance: I've found the cake making and baking group - thanks pink snowball!!
So, :hi: ladies, I was about to start reading from the beginning of the thread and then realised there are nearly 4500 posts on here - :shock:! May just read back over the last few pages for now if you ladies don't mind!

They look like giant macaroons. Not sure I fancy one I'm afraid. I loves the cake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->