Cake Making & Baking Group

Ah ok thanks very much im all excited about making them! Hehe xx

Have a good holiday NuttyMummy :)

I might have a go at the oreo ones sometime.They look good.

it could be the cases jac, has it happened before?

No never....I have a theory though....when Mickey the mixer arrived I ajusted the whisk so it was a little higher and I did notice some of the cake mix stuck at the very bottom where the whisk wasnt able to reach.....could this be the problem? I 'm going to adjust it back once ive gotten rid of my germs and try again...I have to get them perfect for the christening on sunday!!!

it is cheap! I charge £60 for friends and £70 for non friends! LOL

you do??? Ive quoted a lady off here £40 for a 2 tier....I am only just getting into it though but will deffo put my prices up next time I think...:dohh:

i have a two teir christening cake for next sunday that im only charging £40 for too !

Going to try not to bake so much next week.I'm fat enough and don't want to be tempted!!!

I hate the carrot cake I made even more now as the cream cheese frosting was too fluffy to pipe propperly. I even stuck it in the fridge to firm up a bit but it didn't work. It looks a right state so I'm not taking a pic. Better taste ok or I'll never make a carrot cake again! (Did I mention I'm a drama queen?)

Sure it will taste good!

Finally my little boy is getting into baking,he even cracked the eggs into the mixing bowl.He's not scared of the whisk anymore :)

jac, did u see the message i said about cooking the buns too slowly can make the cases stick??

sometimes if i make a tiny bit too much batter, i have to use the oven bottom shelf too. the cupcakes on the top shelf always come out great....the ones on the bottom come out mega flat on the top...but ive noticed the texture is different and they can stick to the cases (i could alternate them during baking...but i cant be arsed! LOL) maybe thats what it is?

jac when i first used it, i turned it off to scrape the bowl down...and i pressed the wrong lever :rofl: instead of pulling the tilt head to put it back down, i pulled the power and it splatted batter all over :rofl: i still hesitate which lever i pull now LOL

i just made a smurf cake, for my first attempt at any thing like that im quite happy but my icing is alwaya to runny no matter what i do with it any tips?

yeah, i had the recipie of one of the first pages for it, also it never looks fluffy :(

Sounds like you need to use more icing sugar if it's too runny and a little less liquid (vanilla essence or milk) if you are adding liquid.

To make it fluffy i have to beat it quite alot with the whisk.If you are adding colouring too this can make it runny depending on what colouring you use.

Can we see a pic? Smurf cake sounds fab :)

https://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s346/kimbobaloobob/076-1.jpg the white is normal icing but the rest is butter, it just looks pain and not textured

That does look good though. :)

The blue icing does look abit runny.What colouring are you using? Paste or liquid food colouring?

liquid food colouring, didnt know you could get colours in a paste...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->