Cake Making & Baking Group

lovely cakes!! i really fancy doing a cupcake cake!

have any of you girls heard of steaming your cakes after they have been decorated? im watching a cake programme at the min and they seem to steam all of their cakes after they have been decorated?

Gem they look fantastic :thumbup:

have any of you girls heard of steaming your cakes after they have been decorated? im watching a cake programme at the min and they seem to steam all of their cakes after they have been decorated?
never heard of that, it sounds a bit mental :lol:

what programme are you watching?

yeah they steam it to look shiny

its cake boss

i will see if i can find something on you tube

i am watching the whole first season at the min all of the cakes are absolutely amazing!!

i have got lots of ideas!

Hi girls!

Dont know if this has already been discussed but your thread is massive!!! lol

I have a question, On bens christening cake was a train made of icing. I still have this train in a sealed plastic tub, is there anyway of keeping this 'forever' by varnishing or some other way of preserving the train?

Any tips??

im pretty sure it should last forever anyway as the sugar preserves it i think xxx

i have a sugar turtle from my 14 yr olds 1st birthday cake and it is still fine!! Think they will last forever as long as you keep them from moisture :)

Yes I just bubble wrap and put in a small box.I have a ornament from 10 yrs ago and it is ok

:haha: kim
How about you come my way and ill greet you with a cake? lol
Im gonna do some for the meet anyway :D
I was really pleased with the butterflys :D
A real pain in the backside to stick on though :dohh:
and lol Lara ate Peppa Pig!! The only thing left was half of her red body and a pilt of toothpicks :dohh:
poor poor Peppa :rofl:
Anyone got any tips on doing a carved cake? xxx

With regards to the carved cake, the only tips I have are to use a fairly firm cake mix (madeira is usually best) as it holds its shape better and won't just disintergrate, use a serrated edged knife and break the final cake down into segments and 'build' it using a range of different shaped carved cakes (I really don't know if i'm explaining myself very well here!), rather than carving the cake as a whole, many of the cakes by Debbie Brown show you a good method of how to do this. Also crumb coating once carved is a must!
HTH xx

I steam mine with the iron :rofl: Gives it a nice 'shine' and gets rid of any excess icing sugar.

Thanks girls, just thought Id check :)

Keep up the gorgeous cake making!

XXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back