Cake Making & Baking Group

cassy...yeah thats a buttercream cake.........like this:
https://letsmakecake.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/divyas-orange-buttercream_cake.jpg

you can usually get a very crisp sharp edge which is near impossible with fondant. you deffo need to do a crumb coat first, and then the clean layer on top.

i prefer fondant myself.....this just seems to be harder to get right!!

my next door neighbour said he used ot make buttercream cakes...and said i cheat because i use fondant!!! he obviously hasnt tried covering a 3d cake in fondant! :rofl:

Girls, here it is.....the christening cake!

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/IMG_4860.jpg
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/IMG_4861.jpg
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/IMG_4859.jpg

what do you think?

Oh shizzle, i just realised, ive got 2 cupcake orders to get out on the same day :dohh: :dohh: ooopsie :lol:

Oh yay Jac, its lovely well done hun :thumbup:

Did you get that stand off of ebay, it looks the same as mine, i was wondering about using it for a normal cake on top!!

JAc why oh why did you not start this years ago.You are bloody awesome.Well done x

gorgeous cake hun!! well done. i think the rope looks fine.....you cant tell!!

love the little blanket!
xx

That is so gorgeous Jac.Loving those cupcakes,i like how they are piped and the glitter!
Cute :)

Ive just been watching an ep of Ace Of Cakes while waiting for a film to come on, is it just me or are theyre cakes not very good? :shrug: they make some fab looking cakes but they are a little "sloppy", things like bumpy fondant. Im pretty unimpressed tbh :lol:

Holly I got the 5 tier one. Its pretty good quality for the price too:thumbup:

Thanks girls, why am I not 100 % happy with it though? Like I know I could have done better...for one, the white buttercream on the cupcakes I wanted whiter but I couldnt get hold of anymore icing whitener....the blue buttercream isnt quite the right shade as I wanted, I used powder instead of paste:dohh: The plate the boots are stood on is a bit too small as I wanted to pipe 'on the christening of' on it but decided not too last minute as I had already stuck it on( was tired last night)

argghhhhhhhhh I cant help picking these things out now, dying to re-do the cupcakes but i havnt got the stuff now.:nope:

i have just got that 5 tier one too :thumbup:

i agree fab for price

jac it really looks amazing! nothing needs changing, there is always gonna be little bits ur not happy with , hope u have a lovely day tomorrow xxx

Jac, you will never ever get a cake "perfect" hun, none of us will. I think given that no one in the group is professionally trained there is some amazing talent going on.

All you can do is note it down, and see if you can improve on it next time.

Honestly Jac, youve done a fab job!!

Jac that is beautiful! You've done Leo proud :thumbup:
I couldnt pick out a thing wrong with it, youve done so well!! xxx

Jac, the cake is fab!!

Girls, sorry I've looked honest, how do I do rainbow cupcakes? I'm a total novice, do i put a drop of each colour on top of the mixture when in the cases? But then I dont see how that would work?
I want to do pretty cupcakes with AJ :(

iv not made them myself but i belive you seperate out you cake mix into a few bowls, and then use colouring to colour each one a diff colour. Then you add a teaspoon of one, then a teaspoon of the next etc to the cake cases so you have a lyer of each colour iykwim? xxx

iv not made them myself but i belive you seperate out you cake mix into a few bowls, and then use colouring to colour each one a diff colour. Then you add a teaspoon of one, then a teaspoon of the next etc to the cake cases so you have a lyer of each colour iykwim? xxx

aaah! Thank you. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->