Cake Making & Baking Group

Hmmmm it was the baby blue regalice......ive used it on the rest of the cake but it just happened on the rolled bit i used for the rope effect.

Tappits- what is the proper way of getting the letters out? I have the funky ones and they stick in the tappit, its then I have a prob getting them out...are they meant to stick in there or not?

yeah hun they are supposed to stay in...thats why they are called tappits.....u have to 'tap' them on the edge of the worktop to get them out.....they should have called them 'whackits' though :)

whack the cutter on the edge of the worktop and your letter should fly out. re-shape and leave to dry xx

Jac ive used chocolate flavoured fondant which is the practically the same price of other fondant. I paid £1.25 for 250 grams for example. It smells gorgeous, really chocolately and tastes fab too. I hate really cheap chocolate as it just tastes awful, but chocolate flavoured fondant is really good.

I havent been on here in agesssss and all the cakes look awesome :)

Quick question - when you make butterflies, daisies, etc and let them dry rock hard, maybe paint them a bit, how long do they keep for? I was thinking of making them in advance when i have spare time, as im always using them for cakes etc.

Thankyou x

cassy suri...AGES!!!!!!! they will keep to whenever u want to use them...youll find some people dont even eat the decs anyway xxx

thanks nuttymummy, bit advanced for me :haha: but i will try :) ive just made homemade fondant and got the marshmellow EVERYWHERE now my microwave need cleaning :( but its lovely and pink :)

Im making Rivers christening cake and would like to do those little blocks with a letter on in her name....how do you make them? or would it be easier to buy them? :)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HANDMADE-DIN...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&hash=item439e4aa221

change of plan! I think these are really cute but do you think its christeny enough?

Ok so im having real trouble piping buttercream onto my cupcakes :hissy: Personally I like them really swirly and quite high, kinda like a 99 icecream lol.

I have just bought a large star nozzle - will this work any better. Ive seen all your cupcakes and your swirly buttercream looks perfect. Maybe its practise?!:shrug:

hey ladies :)

ive given up on the idea of making rubys first birthday cake...im a bit of perfectionist, and im just not good enough with fondant yet...next year is the year tho!
so... ive decided to buy this....
https://www.marksandspencer.com/Pin...22&mnSBrand=core&_encoding=UTF8&rh=n:72566031
what do you experts think? what could i do to jazz it up a bit lol.. (dont worry, im not trying to pass it off as my own or anything....!

i didnt know m&s did them! Cheap too....

Erm..... you could buy some stars on wires..... or butterflies....... a number one to add to it

welocme back Tracey! Could have done with you this morning!

Yeah Lea I would take as much off it as you can :)
Such a shame cos its a lovely looking cake!

Well the garden party cake?! Friend showed it to her Mum (it was for her auntie) and she didnt like it :(

Wanted the green off it and replaced with white..... gutted isnt the word.... i was in floods of tears!!

All they said was teh auntie liked nature, flowers etc so i went with what I thought that was!! Green! Sadly it was just too green.

I stripped it back and after a ton of disasters its ended up like this.......... still needs the writing added.....

The green looks so much better. That gets on my nerves, i wouldnt have redone it. People are so bloody rude, its not as if you're charging hundreds per cake :growlmad:

Is it payday yet? I want to do my monthly cake stash order :hissy:

credit card ... noooooooooo, resist Holly, resist!!

I liked the green too and TBH if it had been just a random customer i think i would have told them to bolt!

But it was for a good friends Auntie so i did change it. They love it now anyway and paid well over for my extra time !

Has taught me to ask much more questions and not to get carried away with what I want to do!!! LOL!!!

Oh well atleast they paid you extra. Spose that's a bit different!

My friend got the m&s princess castle one for her bday and it was a really nice cake. Wasnt too dry :)

Ahh thats good they paid you extra then eh, theyre own fault really though :dohh:

polo - princess thats exactly how i am at the moment so I hear ya! lol.

Quick dumb question -- you can buttercream a cake then cover it with fondant - but im looking on you tube and people ice their cakes (looks like buttercream) it hardens and thats it - no fondant. can you do that?!

You can do hun, there are tons off different ways you can do things with cakes, thats the joy of it you can kinda make some stuff up as you go along :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->