Cake Making & Baking Group

i cook them as the recipe says so um i was using sainsburys cake cases and they did literally just peel away. Maybe its a one off ............

Are you using the silver or gold cases from Sainsbury's? I had the exact same problem with them. I think it's the cases, not us!

How do you stick fondant onto cupcakes - with some jam?! i havent done fondant on cupcakes yet so might give it a go.

Is anyone doing anything cakey for fathers day?

buttercream :thumbup: well thats what i would use.

i think im going to do some cupcakes for fathers day, some for OH his dad and mine, and then what ever orders i get.

i was thinking the same (cupcakes) not sure what ones though for fathers day! hm i got an amazing cupcake recipe - banoffee cupcakes so good

i was going to do some cupcakes for fathers day too...donno what ones tho!
x

I stick fondant onto cupcakes with Jam or buttercream.

I'm planning on doing chocolate orange cupcakes for my Dad for Fathers Day :)

no ive not decided either.

I bought one of those pens for writing on icing, but the icing is to soft and it wont write properly. what am i doing wrong am i trying to write on the wrong icing??

has any one used these wilton colour pastes?
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Pastes.html

are they any good?

kris that cake is fab!!!! well done! its fantastic for the time limit you had...looks yummy inside too! :)

jac...gorgeous cake!
i think its priced fine hun....
here is my 2 tier pink one....priced at £46.00
but i need to put my prices up!! LOL

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs454.ash1/25000_382010736925_188177171925_3763422_4726502_n.jpg

You def need to charge more for your cakes hun. Theyre always so neat and lovely!

jac - I think £65 is a fair price :D

mmm banoffee cupcakes would be delish. I might make some for my mummy as she loves banoffee pie. how would u do them? I'd do some sort of caramel cupcake with fresh cream piped ontop and a banana ontop with some biscuit crumbled ontop too :D Wonder if I could pipe that caramel from the tin (mmmm!) into the centre of a cuppycake with a bismark tip? (i know its mena be toffee but idk how to do toffee!)

mmm banoffee cupcakes would be delish. I might make some for my mummy as she loves banoffee pie. how would u do them? I'd do some sort of caramel cupcake with fresh cream piped ontop and a banana ontop with some biscuit crumbled ontop too :D Wonder if I could pipe that caramel from the tin (mmmm!) into the centre of a cuppycake with a bismark tip? (i know its mena be toffee but idk how to do toffee!)

Fab idea!!! Mmm x

I bought one of those pens for writing on icing, but the icing is to soft and it wont write properly. what am i doing wrong am i trying to write on the wrong icing??

are they any good?

I have these. Ive only used the red so far and it was great!

Fab idea!!! Mmm x

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Might copy you!:haha:
edit: where do you buy the bismark tips from hun?

jac do you colour your fondant or buy it ready coloured?

Banoffee Cupcakes

Make normal cupcake mix so beat butter, sugar together then beat in egg. Fold in one mashed bananna and sift in the flour. Then add 50 grams of chewy toffee chopped into small pieces.

Bake.

Decorate

double cream whipped swirled on top of each cake followed by a drizzle of dulce de leche (sweet gooey toffee sauce) if you cant find none boil c cake of condensed milk in a saucepan for 3 hours, adding more water if necessary making sure the can is always covered.

finally top with slices of bananna.

mmmm

i got a bismark tip with my wilton piping set!

jac do you colour your fondant or buy it ready coloured?

I buy my fondant ready coloured and mix if If I need a colour other than what you cant buy. Tbh colouring fondant doesnt really work as the coloring leaves the fondant sticky.

I have coloured a small peice of white with pink though, for a teddy bears nose:thumbup:

are they any good?

I use these ones hun, I think they work well, I always colour my paste as opposed to buying coloured as I *think* it's more cost effctive - haven't actually done the maths! lol!
Haven't used any other make to compare them to though!
Just have to remember you have to use alot of paste to achieve the same colour as what the chart shows you and sometimes you do have to go back in time to school art classes to figure out which ones are blue based, red based etc, so that you can mix two or three colours to achieve the actual one that you want.
Jac, that cake is brill and Tracey, i'd put those prices up pronto! They are too good to be giving away!
Well finished my cake for tomorrow, pleased with it, just hope my customer is too as she's my bestest friend!!
Think I have also just got a cupcake order for August, too. It's a bit wierd getting bookings that far in advance, used to just having a couple of weeks notice! Still looking for ideas for the 2012 summer wedding that I have booked in! I think I ordered mine 2 and a half months before the actual wedding (naughty me!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->