Cake Making & Baking Group

just popped on quickly between finishing work and the school run, will come back later after having some sleep and look properly but from a quick scan all the cakes look lovely, and Georgie - don't listen to anyone, you carry on doing what you're doing! xx

I REALLY want to bake but i have a virusy thing and other half says making cakes might pass on my germs?!
What do you think?

Fantastic cakes everyone :)
Andrea just wow again!!!

Georgie tell them to bog off they don't have to eat them if they don't want to :hugs:

Glitterfairy I wouldn't risk it TBH unless you give everything a good dettol and glove up :lol: If they are just for you it shouldn't be to bad

I wont buy off him either, he sells loads of stuff on eBay (if I’m thinking of the right one) I had a massive argument with him on there as it took him 13 days to post my stuff. Vowed never to use him again, he called me a stupid, childish little girl, and I need to wake up and tune into the real world, as we don’t always get everything when we want it :shock:

I was in a rush for it tbh but I didn’t message him every day?! He started to get nasty after I opened a dispute xx

ah ok i thought i remembered something about him a while ago, his stuff is cheap but maybe i will pay a little more elsewhere for better service then. thanks

where do you all buy your sugarpaste from?

Question:

If I was going to do a cake on top of a cake, do I need something for the top cake to sit on as I imagine the bottom cake wont hold the weight??? Is that what those boards are for??
:flower:

Its lo party on the 19th and im itching to make her cake now!! Lol well i am making her cake today and freezing it as its a recipie that freezes well but can i make all the extras like cut out hearts etc now and just put them in a airtight box? Xx

Yeah I don't see why not, i tend to do quite a few flowers etc.. all at once then store them in a box in the fridge for when I need them x

I put some in the fridge once and they went sticky? :s xx

I've been following this thread for a while and I think all of your cakes are marvellous!

The other week, I had a go at baking my first batch of cupcakes - they were quite nice and I was surprised how tasty the philidelphia and cocoa powder frosting was :D It was a delight to watch my family scoff them down!

I attempted baking cupcakes again yesterday but I did cheat a little as I used Betty Crocker ready made chocolate frosting and the vanilla one too (my mum bought them for me and put them in my Birthday goodie bag last week as a bribe for me to bake more cakes lol!).

I'm not fond of my piping as I just have a cheap injection-type tool so I need to invest in a good piping bag!

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4
I put some in the fridge once and they went sticky? :s xx
Hmm not sure then, I always leave mine out to dry first and I tend to use gum trageth(sp?)

I've been following this thread for a while and I think all of your cakes are marvellous!

The other week, I had a go at baking my first batch of cupcakes - they were quite nice and I was surprised how tasty the philidelphia and cocoa powder frosting was :D It was a delight to watch my family scoff them down!

I attempted baking cupcakes again yesterday but I did cheat a little as I used Betty Crocker ready made chocolate frosting and the vanilla one too (my mum bought them for me and put them in my Birthday goodie bag last week as a bribe for me to bake more cakes lol!).

I'm not fond of my piping as I just have a cheap injection-type tool so I need to invest in a good piping bag!
Don't know why it won't let me quote your pictures but I love the swirly ones, they look fab x

i had a dream last night about a fab idea for cupcakes , but im on nights for a few days so cant try it out :(

Lover: they are fantastic!
Snowball: I am wondering what your idea is lol

Right girls i need you help....i am kind of thinking i would like to stay selling my cupcakes. I have had a few people ask but because i work full time, i have work to do at home (i am a teacher) I find it hard to find the time...and its a lot of work.
I have started writing things down like how much i pay for my ingredients/boxes/ cases and that. My OH then asked me tonight what i would call my little 'buisness'....my mind went blank.... so i need your help...you know me...a few of you are on my fb....what do you think?
So far i have

Sarah's Cupcakes -Simple i know
Sprinkles & ______ cupcakes: just cant think of a work to go
Cookies and cream: this is one of my favourite flavours so would be a signature flavour.
A Little something : Seeing as cupcakes are often a gift.
Sprinkles: simple but catchy
Cupcake Heaven: ??

Help............. I am kind of really liking 'A Little Something' and cupcakes are a little something that can mean a lot! hehe

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->