Cake Making & Baking Group

If I was going to do little lego blocks what would I make the blocks from?? Would I use modelling paste or just normal icing??

Thank you xx

Where is everyone today lol

Ok so i bought a cake dummy to have a go at learning to cover cakes however when i tried to cover it the fondant was tearing. Is this because i had rolled it to thin?

Where is everyone today lol

Ok so i bought a cake dummy to have a go at learning to cover cakes however when i tried to cover it the fondant was tearing. Is this because i had rolled it to thin?

It sounds like it :thumbup: xx

Just make some m&m cupcakes :)

Jack decorated and ate most of the sprinkles instead of putting them on top of the cakes! They are very bright blue...

Ladie any one have a link to a webbie with some good nozzles in stock
Especially wilton 1m as want to get another one for a friend
x

lol im just looking for a wilton 1m to as i appear to have lost mine, been looking for it all day.

Does anyone know any supply shops that accept paypal? xxx

I normally use craft company but they dont do paypal.

I have given in and just ordered a cupcake set with my order. I dont have the other nozzles so they will come in handy as to will the piping bags
x

Hi Girls, sorry Ive been mega busy!

So heres my cake for a little girl who is 2 tomorrow.

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/nappies/IMG_5136.jpg
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/nappies/IMG_5127.jpg

:thumbup:

Fab fairy and beautiful cakes Jac!
An update on my order from craft company that was squashed! Heard back from them first thing monday morning, said they didn't want the squashed set returning, and would send another out to me that day, received it yesterday, and perfect! So also got to keep the other 8 disposable bags! Very Highly recommended if anyone hasn't used them before, I know they're fairly local to me (about 27 miles away) but can't believe how quickly the order was processed and delivered - 1 day!! And great customer service, too! Will definatley be paying their unit a visit!
Anyway just had another order come in for next saturday - a baby groups first birthday -doing a very hungry caterpillar one - very excited about it.
Some advise for all you ladies - put your prices up!! I've been doing some research and realised I have seriously been selling myself short! People in my area are charging alot more for their cakes, and not being big headed or anything, I really feel like I could do better than some of them - I wouldn't be happy paying the prices they are charging, but obviously someone is! so I'm finding that a 7" decorated cake are starting at £35 - £40 for a plain design!! and £2.50min per cupcake!!

My mum was moaning she fancied a victoira sponge thinking nothing of it, so when she went in the bath i ran to the kitchen and whipped up these (with the 1 remaining egg :dohh:)

Victoria Cupcakes
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs309.snc3/29086_431158530699_588895699_6144884_1074917_n.jpg

Waiting on #3 if you have a spare 1M nozzle and it didnt get squashed do you want to sell it lol. i have that set to from craft company but yesterday i couldnt find my 1M nozzle anywhere, i nearly cried :cry: i was looking for it for hours

gemgti, If it hadn't been squashed of course I would have, but it was literally squashed flat, so flat I couldn't even get a knife in to try and twist it and open it up a bit, don't know what went on there!!
I know what a nightmare it is looking for just one tube though, it's why I ended up buying the set. Maybe one of the other ladies has a spare on here?
I bet when you no longer need it you'll find it again. I'm forever loosing things, right when I need them, I really should get organised before I start decorating rather than looking for the cutter, etc, exactly when I need it!

When LO goes to bed today I am going to do a dummy 2 tier cake :) Not sure what theme to do yet?? Hmmm x

lol no worries.

i literally looked everywhere, i even got my hands dirty and went throu the bin incase i hadnt taken it off the disposable piping bag.

ive contacted craft company to see if they can get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->