Cake Making & Baking Group

hi guys im back!!!!

bon jovi was amazing!!! i want to again straight away LOL dont think i couls afford another £111 for a ticket again though, as well as all the train, tram, taxi, boat n hotel fairs!! LOL

i have my mum n dads anniversary cake half done in the kitchen, and i STILL dont know what design im doing!!! ive never been so undecided on a cake! it has to be something simple coz i have another cake to do today! LOL

but heres my england colour birthday cupcakes for now!:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs529.ash1/31059_399695278322_509248322_4281909_6425898_n.jpg

woooo much gorgeous cakes coming from you lot!

Jac im blown away at how good you became so quickly!!! YOU should be on cake boss! hehe

I do like a bit of jon bon jovi! haha mmmmmm.........

I'm enjoying having 2 weeks off before i start all over again, then July is super busy!!

My first ever wedding cake next week, I'd be lying if i said i wasnt craping myself!!

Please someone help me!!!!

OH has decided he wants a formula 1 cake for his birthday. He wants it to be in the colours of vodafone mclaren mercedes. Soooooooooooooo.............................. How the heck do I get my fondant silver? Anyone got any tried and tested methods? I've heard about the grief that grey fondant gives, but silver???? I've got no idea where to start. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

i have a silver edible paint, i just let fondant dry out a wee bit then paint it on! Give it a good stir first though :)

whoppy u cant get it silver, the only way to do it is like andrea said.....or even better, buy the silver lustre spray :)

well im one cake down....very simple design of fabric roses and a 40 topper! LOL

the bottom tier of the second one is in the kitchen

Well Girls I'm attempting a flag cake for tomorrow, I decided not to make it that easy for my self, it is gonna be half choc cake and half lemon :lol:
cakes are done, and I'll ice later.
Does any one use any letters though that are dead easy to use? I by passed the tappits as I have no patience, and bought patchwork ones, they are a pain in the arse as well :dohh:
why can't some one make nice easy plunger ones??

Well Girls I'm attempting a flag cake for tomorrow, I decided not to make it that easy for my self, it is gonna be half choc cake and half lemon :lol:
Does any one use any letters though that are dead easy to use? I by passed the tappits as I have no patience, and bought patchwork ones, they are a pain in the arse as well :dohh:

I hope you find some, cos I want them too.. If not INVENT them :haha:

Jo, dont give up on the tappits! As long as you let your icing dry out a bit they are easy!

Although, i didnt say that the first few times i used them!! :blush:

well i think ive decided on doing a "BIG BAKE OFF" for Great ormand street to raise some money. I need to get other people involved as I think ive bitten off more than i can chew here! lol.

Do you think i should just stick to cupcakes or make a few larger cakes too x

Why not do cupcakes and a few larger cakes.I'd love to have helped out if i lived near to you. xxx

Jo, dont give up on the tappits! As long as you let your icing dry out a bit they are easy!

I haven't bought any yet but do keep looking I have found some on https://www.design-a-cake.co.uk/ £10.99 for the funky ones, capitals, lower case and numerals, is that a good price?

Ladies for those of you that are after the Wilton 1M icing tip

i emailed craft company to see if they could get these and this is their response :thumbup:

Dear Gemma

I have checked with our supplier, yes we can get one in ref code 402-v-2110 This is an open star tip priced at £1.59

If you are placing an order for other items online just add this code to the special instruction box and we will order it in as this item is not online. If you only want to order this item then you would need to ring us on 01926 888507 and we can take your order

Regards

Anne

Customer Service Advisor

Ladies for those of you that are after the Wilton 1M icing tip

i emailed craft company to see if they could get these and this is their response :thumbup:

Dear Gemma

I have checked with our supplier, yes we can get one in ref code 402-v-2110 This is an open star tip priced at £1.59

If you are placing an order for other items online just add this code to the special instruction box and we will order it in as this item is not online. If you only want to order this item then you would need to ring us on 01926 888507 and we can take your order

Regards

Anne

Customer Service Advisor
Oh brilliant, I could always do with a spare, thank you xx

They have....kind of! :winkwink:
this link should(!) direct you to some clikstixs -
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?REFPAGE=https%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecraftcompany%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fcopy_of_Cutters%2ehtml&WD=letters&PN=Shape_Cutters%2ehtml%23aWCX1#aWCX1

Not used them myself, I have heard that tapits are still better as the ejector can leave a dent in the letter/number/shape, but if you really can't get on with the tapits (leaving flower paste or sugarpaste mixed with gum trag to dry a little first) then maybe worth a try?! :thumbup:
Edited as don't think the link is working, but go to www.craftcompany.co.uk and type clikstix or letters into the search.

They have....kind of! :winkwink:
this link should(!) direct you to some clikstixs -
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/cgi-...&WD=letters&PN=Shape_Cutters.html#aWCX1#aWCX1

Not used them myself, I have heard that tapits are still better as the ejector can leave a dent in the letter/number/shape, but if you really can't get on with the tapits (leaving flower paste or sugarpaste mixed with gum trag to dry a little first) then maybe worth a try?! :thumbup:
Edited as don't think the link is working, but go to www.craftcompany.co.uk and type clikstix or letters into the search.
Thanks love, I have some Clikstix stars and TBH am not overly impressed with them, I think I need to be more patient though!!

I haven't bought any yet but do keep looking I have found some on https://www.design-a-cake.co.uk/ £10.99 for the funky ones, capitals, lower case and numerals, is that a good price?

yeah it is, some on ebay charge £8 per pack and thats just single packs, so you have to buy upper, lower and numerals seperate!

Just caught up!
FAB routlette cake!! And Jac you just keep impressing!!

Does anyone have any stock photo's or ideas on a headphone's cake... OH into DJ'n, but the turntable cakes are too complex, i just want simple? Jac kindly said she'd make my headphones, but need ideas on positioning/other stuff to go on it, blah blah (he's 30)

If i wanted a CD cover printed so i can put it onto cake, what would it be on and where would i send it to? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->