Cake Making & Baking Group

yeah the chocolate roses and the larger ones have pearls in the middle!

I'm just away to mix up a ton of ivory fondant!! Considered buying it pre coloured but that would have just been lazy on my part! :)

My kitchen has been a tip for 3 days now! Urgh, I'll pay Gemma to clean it after!

Oh keep forgetting to say, Cupcakers! Asda now have the full range of Dr Oetker stuff in, they do online and my one does anyway!!

I just got some of the wafer daisies, giant chocolate stars, choclate hearts, mini jazzies and chocolate stars and moons!!

No idea when i will have time to use them though!!
Someone gave me a box of lindt wafer thin choclates the other day so i had a great master plan that i would make choccy cake, cut it into squares and stick these little chcolates round it, so it was like a chocolate box!

Might try it this weekend if i find some time!

Ooh poo thats not fair.I wish we had an Asda here :(

i was having a blether to a friend last night about cakes!

She was saying "get leaflets done etc" but i told her id have to become a business etc and pay taxes and stuff.

AND i would have to up my prices to cover everything and make profit! Then once ive done that no-one would want them cos they are too expensive!!!

Then she said well, you are the only one around her apart from big bakers then edniburgh and glasgow......... but i told her about a woman that lives in the next town along, she does it from home and has been for about 20 years, she is really good!

So anyway (sorry for big story!!) I thought. just out of interest, I'd email her and ask how much the wedding cake i am doing now would cost....

a 3 tier, 10, 8, 6" with handmade roses, ribbons and pearls.........

£500!! I dread to think what her big wedding cakes are! I cant believe people turn their noses up at my prices!!!!!!

yup, same as cake shops round here, but because u work at home they expect it to be dead cheap...and even when it is they arent happy!

im currently seeing how much my electric costs and how much id have to pay for insurance, tax, accountants etc! its alot of hard work LOL

i havent even got the hardest part done yet...the hygiene cert. i need to have a major move around n tidy up before i get the initial inspection. u need allsorts like 2 sinks, washer not in the work area, double entrance to the kitchen, fly nets on the windows etc etc!!! LOL, i havent got the motivation just yet till i get rid of my junk blocking the back door LOL

Your cakes are so good though i'm sure you would be really successful! xxx

well im not really doing it for that really. all of us that are taking orders on...its basically illegal what we are doing...so now ive gotten really busy it needs to be done! :)
just need to get off my bum n get the rest of it sorted! :)

well im not really doing it for that really. all of us that are taking orders on...its basically illegal what we are doing...so now ive gotten really busy it needs to be done! :)
just need to get off my bum n get the rest of it sorted! :)

i rarely make any money out of mine and if i do i spend it on more cake supplies so i dunno if that makes a difference!

Imagine if they went after all the cupcake making women of britain!! :haha:

same here andrea, all mine gets spent on new cutters etc.
but they still dont see it that way.
its ok for the odd batch of cupcakes girls make on here...i mean the constant orders that ive got at the mo. ive become busier and busier so i need to do it LOL
i think a woman not far from me got done a few months back for making cakes at home! shes had to pay £2000 :( eek!!!

i have a christening cake to make this weekend
then a few different orders of cupcakes to do , and someone wants some mini cupcakes so gonna so them

kez u used rice paper circle things on your cupcakes didnt you ? did the rice paper stay ok or did it start to curl or anything?

im gonna make some cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and put some twilight toppers on but didnt know if i put them on straight away they would be ok for the next day iykwim?

there is some really good videos on youtube for makeing roses if thats any help, i havent given it a go yet thou.

Ive made a start on the 50th birthday order i have for tomorrow a giant cupcake and 12 normal size cupcakes. It was a last minute order so ive kinda had to use what i had in the cupboard to decorate.

I also have had a go at icing my dummy cake, think i need a longer rolling pin lol.

how long are all your rolling pins?

i have a christening cake to make this weekend
then a few different orders of cupcakes to do , and someone wants some mini cupcakes so gonna so them

kez u used rice paper circle things on your cupcakes didnt you ? did the rice paper stay ok or did it start to curl or anything?

im gonna make some cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and put some twilight toppers on but didnt know if i put them on straight away they would be ok for the next day iykwim?

They do start to curl after a short while so i iced them and put them on and took them straight to the party and we ate them within an hour or so and they still looked good then. :)
They are also best on white/cream icing rather than coloured.

there is some really good videos on youtube for makeing roses if thats any help, i havent given it a go yet thou.

Ive made a start on the 50th birthday order i have for tomorrow a giant cupcake and 12 normal size cupcakes. It was a last minute order so ive kinda had to use what i had in the cupboard to decorate.

I also have had a go at icing my dummy cake, think i need a longer rolling pin lol.

how long are all your rolling pins?

Mine is a 24" i think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"