Cake Making & Baking Group

Ill do it tonight if remember hun - only fora little while though as I am not entirely happy with them!

Also, They are for cupcakes I am making for next Tuesday...have I made them to early?
xx

I think if you keep them in air tight box they should be OK xxx

how much sponge mix would you need for 2 7'' sandwich tins? x

oo and would i put them both in at the same time or one at a time? x

I use 6oz and 3 eggs and I usually put em in at same time xx

think im gunna do a test run of OHs birthday cake

how long do i put it in for and what setting lmao ¬_¬ i am soo rusty! xxx

I am making my Godson's first birthday cake today and tomorrow EEEEEKKK!!

Doing it from scratch and carving it myself and everything!! :wacko:

I want to make a little figure to go on top but I'm not too sure what I want to make ... hmmmmm xx

booth for that size tins i would use 6 eggs in total, and bake them separately! But everyone does it different! :)

stupid question but how do i keep my cake flat on the top? They always go into a peak and im wanting to try icing a big cake so want the top to be flat.

if you are baking it too fast it will form a peak top, but nomatter how slow you do it you will probably have to trim it, I trim mine then use the bottom as the top iykwim?! the bottom is flat and straight!

I do that too Andrea!! :thumbup:

I have cut up and buttercreamed my number 1 cake :) Going to have a bath and then ice it and decorate it :D xx

i have the sponges in the oven now, think im gunna make victoria sponge just want to practice the cake and make sure its not awful before i stick aload of icing all over it!

and it turns out jesse is terrified of my mixer!! he screamed the whole time it was on hes scared of the vacuum cleaner so i shouldve guessed he wouldnt like the mixer!! xx

did i do you proud haha

https://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/boothh/woo.jpg

https://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/boothh/yay.jpg

im sooo happy they came out of the tins without a fuss! all that greasing worked lol, i cant believe they came out so good, and they actually taste nice too cus i broke abit of the inside off and taste lol,

cant decide what to inside now might do lemon curd and then runny icing on the top!

xx

lol kai used to hate mine too!!

i have my tent covered...need to go to the shop n get a little toy gun though for the soldier!! LOL i need to do that before i can put the army tent flaps on n stuff. these camouflage tents are SOOOOO time consuming!!

hope ur cake turns out how u want it boothh...im sure it will!!

i havent eaten cupcakes or cake for AGES...but i was testing out on of the chocolate ones (twilight ones) and OMG i NEED another one....theres 10 sat here now all decorated....u think she would notice if i ate one??? LOL

cross posts!!! yum looks perfect!!! mmmm lemon curd, or lemon buttercream with runny icing sounds like heaven!

hi,
does any one know cake recipes with out eggs or dairy products????

thnks, :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"