Cake Making & Baking Group

There are loads of youtube videos showing different techniques, just search 'making sugar roses' xxxx

i am going to attempt making pokemon and a pokeball for OHs cake, im pretty good at modelling with like plasticine, is it pretty much the same thing, i got some of that dr oetker coloured stuff is it any good?xx

i want to make a two tier cake for my birthday on 26th july no specific them itl be my 20th just want something simple anyone have any ideas and how can i get the 2nd cake to sit on top without sinking and what would be the best size tins to use a 6'' and 8''?

i am going to attempt making pokemon and a pokeball for OHs cake, im pretty good at modelling with like plasticine, is it pretty much the same thing, i got some of that dr oetker coloured stuff is it any good?xx

Yea you can use that dr oetker stuff but you will need to put some gum trag in it to make it better for modeling x

i want to make a two tier cake for my birthday on 26th july no specific them itl be my 20th just want something simple anyone have any ideas and how can i get the 2nd cake to sit on top without sinking and what would be the best size tins to use a 6'' and 8''?

Ive never tried a tiered cake but when I asked in here a while ago, you'd need a thin cake board for the top tier to sit on along with dowells that go in your bottom tier to support the upper cake! xx

Ive never tried a tiered cake but when I asked in here a while ago, you'd need a thin cake board for the top tier to sit on along with dowells that go in your bottom tier to support the upper cake! xx

thanks hun :flower:

wow not been in here in month's!! Don't think I'll attempted to read all the page's I missed :)

I haven't done any baking for age's but planning on making some cupcake's later :D

just a quick random question...
Do you think divorce and funeral cake's would sell?
My MIL make's cake's to order's and there as been a few people that's mentioned divorce cake's and funeral cake's but she's never acctually needed to do any so doesn't advertise that she does.

i dont think id buy them dunno bout anyone else, plus wouldnt a funeral cake have to be at short notice? xx

i have some chocolate cupcakes with white choc chips in the oven, gunna use the rest of the betty crocker icing on them i think, gunna try and make a piping bag using that video so we will see how i go lol! xx

so i managed to make an okay piping bag and they turned out okay, taste nice too, only thing was the chocolate chips had all sank to the bottom of the cake so they were pretty much stuck to the case!! any ideas why or how i can prevent it?

https://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/boothh/cak.jpg

so heres my first proper attempt at piping, bit messy but practice makes perfect!! xx

Dusting them in a little flour stops them sinking.And folding them carefully into the mixture just before you spoon the mix into the cases helps.
They look yummy xxx

i dont think id buy them dunno bout anyone else, plus wouldnt a funeral cake have to be at short notice? xx

i have some chocolate cupcakes with white choc chips in the oven, gunna use the rest of the betty crocker icing on them i think, gunna try and make a piping bag using that video so we will see how i go lol! xx

well sometime's it take's a week or so to get a funeral organised, plenty of time to make and decorate a sponge cake, and she's always got spare fruit cake ready and waiting :)
Your cupcake's look yummy

maybe they would then i was just thinking some people would be booked up ages in advance so they might not be able to fit in, i suppose people do have like buffets and stuff at wakes dont they so maybe they would have a cake! x

Ahh she's not a professional cake maker :D Just like a little hobby that started of as family and friend's but kind of expanded as word of mouth went around :D
It's not like she ALWAYS as a cake to do, she does have the odd week where she has no cake's to do.

I personally wouldnt buy one, but if someone asked me to make one I wouldnt rule it out!

A cakes a cake :)

Im making an army tank cake this week - cant wait to get started! :)

I don't think she wanted to say she did them and people thing she was strange lol

HELP ive a wedding cupcake order and they want silver flowers, where do i get silver fondant????

Ive just bought some silver edible spray - of you could use a powder that you make into a paste but you cant just get silver fondant hun!

I'd go with the spray as its more even and easier to use but its a little more pricey than powder xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->