Cake Making & Baking Group

wow kitty cake, stewie cake and those cupcakes are all fantastic i really need to watch some tutorials on how to do the swirly thing on cupcakes properly im always jealous of your great ones!!xx

Beautiful cupcakes!! I too started the rose swirls and i much prefere them!! Xx

Here is my latest creation...
Its for SIL 21st birthday.
Im pretty pleased with it :D

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
Katycam, that cake is very pretty! I'm sure your SIL will be pleased with it, too!

wow lovely cupcakes and 21st cake!

I'm gonna try out the cupcakes again today.. and i'll STAND by the oven this time if I have to so OH doesnt turn it off again!

OMG!!!

this is the very first time ive ever had to strip a cake back......and TWICE at that!!

jesus christ im sooo annoyed!! its majorly humid n warm here today, im sweating buckets n its murky n cloudy outside!!

andrea do u know when u sed youve been having trouble with regalice....think i may be having that problem today....SOOOOOO sticky but prone to ripping very easily.
shes picking ythe cake up 2moro...and its not even iced yet, ive put the cake in the frdige and im going to have a go at it in about 10 mins.....ive wasted almost 2kg of icing!!

can u tell im not a happy bunny?? LOL

Fab Stewie cake, the cupcakes and 21st cake looks very pretty
Tsia I would have freaked if my OH did that, thugh he is rarely in the kitchen sooo.....:lol:

Tracey it sound like you are having a nightmare, hope it come good for you soon
x

OMG!!!

this is the very first time ive ever had to strip a cake back......and TWICE at that!!

jesus christ im sooo annoyed!! its majorly humid n warm here today, im sweating buckets n its murky n cloudy outside!!

andrea do u know when u sed youve been having trouble with regalice....think i may be having that problem today....SOOOOOO sticky but prone to ripping very easily.
shes picking ythe cake up 2moro...and its not even iced yet, ive put the cake in the frdige and im going to have a go at it in about 10 mins.....ive wasted almost 2kg of icing!!

can u tell im not a happy bunny?? LOL

aw hun deep breaths n stick your head in the fridge too thats what i did lol! my regalice did the same, the red was horrific!!!! xxx

Here is my latest creation...
Its for SIL 21st birthday.
Im pretty pleased with it :D

Aw thats a lovely cake! I keep wanting to have a go at flowers - think I might have to buy some cutters and have a go!

I'm gonna attempt my first time with cupcakes and the suggested buttercream today...Piccies later on, we'll see eh!

Nuttymummy hope it works out hun, have a brew and take 5 xx

LOL babydance!
its now covered....still not happy with it really but im not doing it again!! LOL ive left it in the kitchen for a while..ill go back in and start on the little details in a minute LOL

i dont like making cakes when its warm! lol

thanks girls!! i only wish i could have a brew cassandra!! LOL since having Abbi my stomach just wont tolerate milk :( GUTTED!! i used to love a good cup of tea! lol

Red regalice was a nightmare for me the other day too, it pretty much turned into a sticky mess the minute I touched it!

gorgeous cakes girls!!!

Stewie is super cool!! haha he is so funny!

Tracey i am certain they have changed the recipe cos ive used it before in a hot kitchen and it wasnt too bad! The other day I had a fan on and the kitchen was cool and after a nightmare I eventually got the cake covered but it was still sticky, so i was having to cover my smoothers in icing sugar so they wouldnt stick to it!

I'm using asdas own for this weeks cakes so will see how it goes, not happy that ALL the supermarkets have put up the price by nearly 50p a pack though :grr:

Hope you get it sorted!!!

are you talking about the ready coloured stuff you get in asda with five colours in the dr oetker stuff ? cus mine was like that too when i used it on stuarts cake i Had to put loads of icing sugar everywhere to get it to do anything :(

nutty i found that dvd i was telling you about haha you have to borrow it! and i use soymilk in tea it makes it taste like cookies :)

andrea...have all the prices gone up?? thats a bummer :(

boothh....its very similar to the dr oetker stuff....but you can get bigger packs of it. its basically pre-coloured fondant but think a few of us have been having trouble with it.

ha ha u found it??!! brill LOL i need to dig out that braindead, i keep forgetting...plus i dont know where ive put it LOL

i used to have soya milk too but i couldnt bear eating it with my cereal any longer...it tasted rank compared to normal milk LOL i never used it in tea coz on the side it said it would curdle?? :)sick: i hate that word LOL)

it never curdles for me just stir stir stir straight away and your good to go, and it really tastes like really good! haha x

does any one use one of these, cake leveler?
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Cake_leveler.html

love the cakes ladies...

how long can you leave the cake out after doing the fondant?
what about cupcakes?
im doing a baby shower saterday, do you think i would be ok baking thursday?

i really need an answer please

They wouldn't be very fresh if you made them thursday for saturday but they would probably be ok if kept in an airtight container.

Best if you made them the night before or the sat morning. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"