Cake Making & Baking Group

Aw tracey :hugs:
hope the cake works out in the end....
lovely cakes and cupcakes - LOVE the stewie cake! :lol:
Right im making a little chocolate cake for my friends 19th today (her birthday was monday but im going round for a few drinks tomorow night)
Yet again lol iv absolutley no idea how im decorating it :haha::dohh: xxx

Btw Jac can i ask how you did your roses? (i saw them on fb)
I can only do really tighly wrapped bud-style roses, how do you do yours so open?
Did you use flowerpaste? xxx

the set wasnt bad value tsia, it had 4nozzles n 8 disposable bags and was only 9 something including postage! xx

Thanks but the trouble is I just bought a set with re-useable bag and nozzles. BUT I WANT THE BIG ONE!! (sob sob)

Suzanne108 that would be great if you could get me one too. x:hugs: lets hope they accommodate us! lol

this lot do them for £2.22 then postage!

https://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/2/81/585/index.htm

:thumbup:

well, i just used some ASDA SMART PRICE fondant icing!!!

haha i thought why not, seeing as regal ice is crap just now and tbh, it is just as good!

Didnt cover a cake in it, i made some little ladybirds and flowers out of it and it done well for 49p for 250g! :winkwink:

Hello Ladies,

Sorry to gatecrash this thread but I have been secretly coming on this thread and salivating over all the lovely cakes and cupcakes pics - I am bit of a novice when it comes to baking - I was wondering if some of you expereinced ladies coul help me out? - I need to make cupcakes for my daughters birthday party on sat - I did a trial run yesterday an they turne out ok but could have been a lot better. does anyone have a simple foolproof fairycake/cupcake recipe for 36 cupcakes. Also with the icing - I made buttercream icing with icing suger and butter but the consistancy was a bit thin (came out of icing bag rather slushy iykwim) - what can I do to make it thicker? - and with cupcakes how much mixture do you put in the case? (half or more) to get them to fill the entire case.

thanking you all in advance for any hints or tips.

xx

well, i just used some ASDA SMART PRICE fondant icing!!!

haha i thought why not, seeing as regal ice is crap just now and tbh, it is just as good!

Didnt cover a cake in it, i made some little ladybirds and flowers out of it and it done well for 49p for 250g! :winkwink:

i used some of that to make pokeballs and it was alright x

OK!! I have had an idea.. you lot will think I am crazy.. but theres no way I am paying for a fruit cake for mylos christening at the blimmin prices they are quoting me- even UNDECORATED!

SO... I am gonna cheat. lol
I bought 5 slabs of genoa cake..(fruit cake to me is really heavy) and I'm gonna stick them together with apricot preserve, trim them up.. and ice them over with one piece ready rolled icing for £2. each slab was a £1! an iced fruit cake for seven quid? cant beat that eh? lol .. better than £50!!

I'll decorate it with characters, my letters and organza ribbon .. give it the works, they'll never tell!! haha

now.. my question is.. how shall I lay the SLABS OF CAKE out to make them into one christening cake?

like this?...>>>> https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0736.jpg
(with middle one trimmed down flat) this shape seems better..

or like this?.. >>>>> https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0735.jpg
(easier to ice plus rouns edge at top of cake) this makes the shape longer and taller.

haha.. go on laugh.. I am a CHEAT!!

Nah not cheating, I used maderia cake for my dads shed :lol:
The first shape does look better but could go wrong when trimming so I would stick to the bottom side by side

yeah i would do the bottom one it will look more even then xx

plus easier to cut if they are all the same way x

What a fantastic idea!
I know what I am going to be using for my 80TH Accourdian cake now! :haha:
Brilliant!!

x

how long does craft company normally take to deliver? x

well i ordered last night so wondering whether my order will be here tomorrow or saturday so i can do some cupcake making over the weekend and have a go with the new stuff!

have some mini fudge chunks in the cupboard n im thinking of doing chocolate fudge cupcakes, yum!

hopefully soon! it would be great if they came tomorrow cus im waiting for an order of earlylearningcenter for jesses birthday! so i have nothing to do!

My orders have only ever been a couple of days so you may get it tomorow or Sat, I always order loads now so I have to go for the next day delivery :shhh:

theres loads i wanna order but gotta wait til payday haha xx

Has anyone ordered from sugarshack before?

Really should have asked BEFORE I ordered :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->