Cake Making & Baking Group

tsia its not cheating!!
though technically you cant really compare it to fruit cake...thats juts cake with cherries n raisins in LOL fruit cakes takes LOADS of ingredients and lots of booze..and LOTS of baking/electric time thats why they are so expensive :)
great idea though.

jo great news about the wedding cupcakes...u shouldnt be all panicked by next year with all that practice! LOL

right i want some cake im gunna make some hahahah those fudge chunks just keep starin at me!

Hey everyone!

I've been out of the loop for ages, sorry. Just caught up with the last 20 pages or so and wow there are some amazing cakes! TJG I love your Sweetcakers inspired 18th birthday cake. I love her style and I'm just looking for an excuse to make one!

I'm going to be bugging the hell out of you all over the coming months as I've got my 1st orders. 5 of them! I can't believe it, and feeling a bit worried about getting them perfect. I'm going to have to plan plan and plan again!

Here are some recent cuppies I made for a meet on another forum;
https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/P1030926.jpg

Ok, I baked my cupcakes. No point posting a picture as they are just the sponge.

When doing my buttercream i could have cried :( :( It just didnt go!! The butter looked like it had not mixed in (sorry to say it nutty, but almost like it had curdled!) and then I used colouring, but now i'm thinking that didnt help as it made it very moist :( So i binned it hee hee

If I dont crack this soon i'll have to betty crocker it!

Time for some wine :)

whoppy they are gorgeous and perfect!

I have just about completed my shed cake, turned out much bigger than i thought it would and took up much more cake that i thought too!!
The woman is getting a bargain cake!!!!

also just done a boxing glove which was a pain in the arse to carve!!! :hissy:

Just got lettering amd ribbons to do then cupcakes tomorrow and im done for this week! Thank god!

well until i get the nozzle suzanne has kindly ordered me- i butchered a plastic one i had.. so will see how this works! lol

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0741.jpg

by the way.. my first attempt at the giant cupcake went tits up!!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0737.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0738.jpg

i buttered the mould even though it was silicone.. and it still didnt pop out.. it fell to bits!!
should i have waited til it cooled??
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

my three boxers had cupcake crumbs and bits mixed with dog meat for dinner! haha

oh and i had a phonecall this afternoon for a small dance inspired cake, then she phoned back and wants those masks that Georgie made on it...... any ideas would be fantastic!

Its for next sunday so i need to think fast incase i need to buy anything for it!

tsia i dont know about silicon ones but normal tins i leave them for about 5-10 mins before turning them out.

I used small cupcake silicons once and hated them so never again!!

Is it the butter?? What butter do you use for your buttercream??

Its driving me mad!! lol

Nice cakes by the way! Thats kinda what I was hoping to do! :)

cass is your kitchen too hot? What butter are you using, and did you try adding extra icing sugar? x

Oh no Tsia what a shame. I've never used a silicon one either but like TJG I leave mine about 10 mins before turning out.

Cassandra were you using a hand mixer? It could be that it was too hot maybe? I always use Lurpak unsalted. I am guilty of only taking it out of the fridge 10 mins before using it as I forget. I just wack my mixer up to full speed and pray that it doesn't die!

Just the cheapy spreadable stuff ideal for cake making apparently. Usually that stork one but have tesco's own today.

I wouldnt say the kitchen is warm, pretty cool but I dunno?! I added more icing sugar but no good :( and I used a hand mixer after I tried to do it by hand??

i do buttercream by hand with a fork, cus the mixer made it too soft and my arms are not good enough to use the proper whisk, and just keep addin sugar til it looks right consistensy then give it like a minute with the handmixer XD and put it in the fridge for bout 30mins before using it

probably a much easier way to do it though but thats always worked for me,

i just made some chocolate fudge muffins, im not icing them though cba they look good enough as they are but iv burnt my thumb on the silicone tray :(

I'm sat here.. should be either sewing buggy covers or practacing cupcake designs.. i have a tub of chocolate betty crocker icing and a spoon.. is that bad? lol

I'm sat here.. should be either sewing buggy covers or practacing cupcake designs.. i have a tub of chocolate betty crocker icing and a spoon.. is that bad? lol

no that sounds good :haha: do you take orders for covering buggys? do you have a page or anything? xx

no that sounds good :haha: do you take orders for covering buggys? do you have a page or anything? xx

I have a few listings on ebay- but can only do the zia and pramette cos their the only buggys I can physically work on. a few friends have let me take their random different buggys for one day whilst i made their covers.

everyone loves them! I have a different set for every day of the week! lol

the pliko pramette? i have that am i in luck :haha:

the pliko pramette? i have that am i in luck :haha:
yes pliko p3.. in my middle pic in my siggy.. the star one :thumbup:
you can even send me your own fabric and I'll make covers for you. currently doing that for someone.

type in ebay 'pramette covers' the listings should come up if you wanna nosey. :winkwink:

ok.. still eating this betty crocker!!!! nearly half a tub! i feel sick :sick:

BY THE WAY...

does anyone know where I can get a bottle of cake release?
asda, morrisons, tesco sainsburys sell it?

seen it on ebay but dont wanna wait for it to come.

Or do you have a good version of your own?
My butter (utterly butterly) didnt work earlier :wacko:

oh and i had a phonecall this afternoon for a small dance inspired cake, then she phoned back and wants those masks that Georgie made on it...... any ideas would be fantastic!

Its for next sunday so i need to think fast incase i need to buy anything for it!

Aww good luck andrea!
I forgot to take pictures of them on the actual cakes :dohh:
I did some little music notes too…these were for cupcakes though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back