Cake Making & Baking Group

thanks andrea... will have a bash when i find some nozzles!!!

sorry leanne i have no idea.....?

:D

I noticed in Asda the other day they are doing a cupcake set, it has 3 nozzles and a piping bag for £2

Would be perfect for practising with!

Hey everyone,

I've been stalking this thread for ages (got to love cakes!)

And on Friday I finally made and decorated a cake for my mums birthday..

My first try..

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p209/qu33nashl3igh/SDC11257.jpg

Not perfect at all but I'm so proud! :cloud9::blush:

Everyone in here has done some fantastic cakes! I love love love looking at them!

xXx

Looks great Queen Mummy!

I have ordered cupcake boxes, cellophane and some other stuff in the hope that I can attempt to send a batch of cupcakes to Tezzy's kids!!

Will let you know how I get on with it!! :wacko:

Hey everyone,

I've been stalking this thread for ages (got to love cakes!)

And on Friday I finally made and decorated a cake for my mums birthday..

My first try..

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p209/qu33nashl3igh/SDC11257.jpg

Not perfect at all but I'm so proud! :cloud9::blush:

Everyone in here has done some fantastic cakes! I love love love looking at them!

xXx

That is a super job for a first try.

Thank you everyone!

One layer was fruit and one was sponge

Both yum even if I do say so myself :happydance:

xXx

OH wow! What a fantastic thread - I had no idea this was on BnB!! Queen Mummy -brilliant job!

I made the cake below for my MIL last week for her b'day and I'm quite proud of it as it was quite a complex recipe and I'm an amateur cook. Although decoration wise it wasn't anything special, it tasted FANTASTIC!! It is a strawberry layer cake.

DSCF2696.jpg

bril cakes!!

Queen....u did a brill job....you could make ur own wedding cake!!!!! xx

I'm baking some chocolate chips muffin right now (first time), will see if they will turn out good,lol
going to make B'day cake for oh on friday too...very nervous but exciting

ok...heres my a\rmy tent that i did (camouflage was a NIGHTMARE, but i couldnt do it any other way!!) wanted to use slightly brighter colours seeing as it was a kiddies birthday!! they were chuffed with it anyway, even if i wasnt!

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs202.snc1/6927_147979333322_509248322_2641919_6197338_n.jpg

aww thanks hun...but i wouldnt say talented! lots of stress went into this :rofl:

xx

I made some chocolate chips muffins for the first time...here they are
:blush:
didn;t look as good as i expected :cry:

Attachments

• DSCN0405.JPG
    DSCN0405.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 12
why didnt u think they looked good....they sure look good to me!! i LOVE chocolate!!

Tracey I LOVE it!!!! I did see it tagged on FB though :winkwink:

So your muffins look fab! I have never been able to master making muffin at all and eventually gave up and bought some from Asda! :D

I was wondering I wanted to make my dad a scuba diving cake for his birthday this weekend. I have never sculpted out of fondant - does anyone have any tips for me?

Here is the cake I'm thinking of replicating.

Thanks!

Attachments

• normal_DSC_0225.jpg
    normal_DSC_0225.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 21
I was wondering I wanted to make my dad a scuba diving cake for his birthday this weekend. I have never sculpted out of fondant - does anyone have any tips for me?

Here is the cake I'm thinking of replicating.

Thanks!

That cake looks like it is iced with Buttercream and because you need a rougher texture for the water it should be straight forward!

NuttyMummy will be able to advise you best on making the little diver, I have never made a human before!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->