Cake Making & Baking Group

Ha ha you so do belong here :)
I love the multi coloured cake ( same thing happened to Jack :shhh:

Wow the rainbow one doesn't look real.Looks like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :)

Hello Aurora!

You're cakes are fab! That multi coloured one is soo cool - really strong colours!!

that rainbow cake it mega! Love it!
Jo, i am super jealous of how good you buttercream looks xx

how do i get my buttercream all nice so im able to pipe onto cupcakes? i failed the other night going to try again! can i use royal icing or do i have to use icing sugar..whats the difference? :) thanks in advance

Do you mean so it pipes like on mine above?
I use a recipe that is on the first page of this thread

100g Butter
200g Cream cheese
600g icing sugar

Some girls do it without the cream cheese xx

Hmm with cream cheese eh... do you have to worry about it getting runny if the cupcakes are out of the fridge for a while?

wow.. beautiful as usual Jo.. the dino sprinkles are cool! I must get me some of those!

Welcome Aurora.. yeah you defo belong here.. may have to try that multicoloured sponge. I did a lilac one last week but didnt put enough colour in and it looked weird and mouldy! lol

I have been practicing my icing and yes its simpley add more icing sugar. The smallest amount of liquid added changes the consistency sooooo much!
Anyways I'm getting better at the icing peakiness! lol

.. I havent got any reason to bake of late but knocked up some double chocolate munchies cupcakes yesterday to keep my hand in! and this is the first time I have used cocoa powder. It makes the mixture SO dry!! they rose and the tops looked a bit like muffins! lol
and when you eat them they crumble everywhere! this is my 6 I have left.

..we had two yesterday with custard for pudding heated up in a bowl! DELISH! OH loved them! (considering he said he doesnt like cupcakes) Ha!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/customised%20buggys/cakes%20n%20stuff/Image1051.jpg

OOOOh and I bought these Wilton Halloween Sprinkles for Trick or treaters cupcakes

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280555314255&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Cant wait to use them!!

And gonna do purple sponge like the red velvet cakes but dark dark purple.

Hmm with cream cheese eh... do you have to worry about it getting runny if the cupcakes are out of the fridge for a while?
Mine never seem to go runny, I don't keep them in the fridge either if they are for us at home, just in an airtight container xx

wow.. beautiful as usual Jo.. the dino sprinkles are cool! I must get me some of those!

Welcome Aurora.. yeah you defo belong here.. may have to try that multicoloured sponge. I did a lilac one last week but didnt put enough colour in and it looked weird and mouldy! lol

I have been practicing my icing and yes its simpley add more icing sugar. The smallest amount of liquid added changes the consistency sooooo much!
Anyways I'm getting better at the icing peakiness! lol

.. I havent got any reason to bake of late but knocked up some double chocolate munchies cupcakes yesterday to keep my hand in! and this is the first time I have used cocoa powder. It makes the mixture SO dry!! they rose and the tops looked a bit like muffins! lol
and when you eat them they crumble everywhere! this is my 6 I have left.

..we had two yesterday with custard for pudding heated up in a bowl! DELISH! OH loved them! (considering he said he doesnt like cupcakes) Ha!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/customised%20buggys/cakes%20n%20stuff/Image1051.jpg
oooh they look lovely
A little tip for you, I always add a tbls of Oil to mine when making chocolate ones, i noticed it on a betty crocker mix I once got and it seems to keep themlovely and moist xx

Heres the link to the rainbow cake. I used marthas vanilla cake recipe and just the techniques for the coloring. The trick is definitely to use the gel colors.

https://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake

Those chocolate cupcakes are looking like breakfast to me. :mrgreen:

I have been using Oil for moisture usually.. but that bourneville drinking/baking cocoa must be really powerful so I will use more oil next time! xx

That rainbow cake is FAB!!!! thats my next challenge !!

Well I have a busy day to day, I really should get off my bum :lol:
I have a Handy manny cake to do ( with topper though so chaeting a bit LOL) A mini cake and 24 bright cupcakes (but a bit smaller)

I was asked yesterday If I could do a 21st cake FOR FRIDAY!!!!, erm just a bit short notice, I'm not great with cakes so would deffo need more than 3 days and that is without going and trying to find the decs they wanted for it, I politely declined :lol:

ladies, wondered if you could help me? Could you give me the quantities I'd need to make a 23cms tin sponge cake/madeira cake? I've only done 20cms before - and sandwich tins - this is one, deep tin.

I'd guess, but that can sometimes not work out so well!!

What i'd do is - do your mixture for your 20cm like normal, and then I pour it in the tin and gauge if I need more ie another lot of mixture or only half and then i half the mixture etc...does that make sense?

I'd fill between 2/3 of the tin and cook on about 150 degrees for about an hour ish, depending on your cooker

But thats just me :) lol - hope that helps x

Really helpful - I may just make a big batch of the mixture, and use whatever is leftover in buns or something. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->