Cake Making & Baking Group

Hey girls

Wow your cakes look amazing more and more every time i come in to say hi.
Tyff i love the bright colours in your cake, Andrea yummy cupcakes as always :D Good luck with the shoe cake nuttymum.

Just quickly in need of some advice. Rosie's cake is all sorted, am just going to make a giant no'1 with pink fondant and then different pastal style fondant circles or something.
But i want to make some cupcake style cakes, Andrea kind of like the ones you made for Daisy's birthday cake, as the theme is teddy bears picnic, going to do like butterflys and teddy bears, but just wondered how i'd go about doing this? Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks girls xxx

Hiya! :wave:
is it the cakes, icing or making butterflies and teddies you need to knwo about? xxxx

Hey girls

Wow your cakes look amazing more and more every time i come in to say hi.
Tyff i love the bright colours in your cake, Andrea yummy cupcakes as always :D Good luck with the shoe cake nuttymum.

Just quickly in need of some advice. Rosie's cake is all sorted, am just going to make a giant no'1 with pink fondant and then different pastal style fondant circles or something.
But i want to make some cupcake style cakes, Andrea kind of like the ones you made for Daisy's birthday cake, as the theme is teddy bears picnic, going to do like butterflys and teddy bears, but just wondered how i'd go about doing this? Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks girls xxx

Hiya! :wave:
is it the cakes, icing or making butterflies and teddies you need to knwo about? xxxx

I think i have got the cakes down to a tee!! Kinda lol, but have no idea on icing or the butterlies and teddies....

All help would be muchly appreciated :D xx

:D The buttericing recipe I use is..........

Ingredients

* 250g butter, softened
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 600g icing sugar
* 2 tablespoons milk

cream together the butter and vanilla. Blend in the sugar, a quarter at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered until ready to decorate.

You can just put it on the cakes with a knife or use a piping bag and nozzles to get the swirly effect.

If you dont want the hassle of making it and piping bags, you can get readymade coloured buttericing in tubes that has all different nozzles with them :D

The teddies and butterflies you can make out of readymade fondant, just have a play about with it and pretend it is a softer playdough!! :D
Or you could buy them readymade aswell :D

I made a chocolate caramel cake the other day and boy was it yummy. It was sooooooooo moist too as it used oil as opposed to butter and this keeps it softer and fresher for longer:thumbup:

Here's the blog I got it off

https://teandwheatenbread.blogspot.com/2009/10/chocolate-caramel-cake.html

I couldn't find corn oil so just used sunflower oil. Any flavourless oil will do peanut/groundnut/vegetable/sunflower oil.....don't use anything like olive oil or rapeseed oil as it has too much "flavour"

i have a carrot cake in the oven at the moment :D Smells delish. Gonna make some cream cheese frosting for it too :)

i want to make cup cakes but oh wants me to make coffee cake instead. I bought a few baking stuffs few days ago....I;m on the move,lol

I'm not doing anything now till next week.

nothing Ordered till November but I am going to try my first 3 stack cake next week, with a nightmare before xmas theme, will give it away to anyone whos visits us on Halloween!! :D

i cant find corn oil anywhere either, might try walnut oil though.

x

Thanks Andrea :D

Nuttymum i found a template for a platform type shoe, not sure if it's any help. https://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/copper-platform-40-shoe-3.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/1940_s_Platfrom_Shoe_Premium_Copper_Cookie_Cutter.html&usg=__zRy5--k-xRcXArWOoD90EwTxG3o=&h=300&w=300&sz=14&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=4pEWRR5neuWRVM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dplatform%2Bshoe%2Bcake%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

i cant find corn oil anywhere either, might try walnut oil though.

x

Walnut oil has quite a low smoking point and is recommended for salads and dressings rather than cooking babe....also expensive. I'd just use sunflower or groundnut oil....the oil isn't to add flavour in the cake anyway it's to add the fat/richness and moisture.

It's such a good cake:thumbup:

hey im making muffins and cookies for my best mates this x mas, so any tips for great muffins give me the low down!!!!!!!!!! i have used cakes,cookies,and craft web site and ordered some edible glitter, cute cup cake cases, bags, shimmer dust stuff and little trees to put on top, just need to practice the middle bit to which these sparkles will be added. pm me any good tips please!!!!!!!!!!! xxx
pic of cakes look lush btw xx

sorry I am useless when it comes to Muffins! I just cant ever get them right and just end up buying Asdas! :blush:

Hey sorry to bother everyone...been having a nose at all the gorgeous cakes you've all made...so jealous coz im useless in the kitchen lol!!

I was thinking of starting with basics by doing some fairy cakes or a sponge cake, was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of everything i need from ingredients to trays and things so i can go buy some bits haha...

Thanks in advance

luvbun....thanks so much hun....its too late to do a shoe cake now.....but she has finally made her mind up today of which cake she wants.....so i have literally 2-3 days to get a 2 tier pink cake (shoe related) i need to go out n find loads of bits or else i cant do it!!! nightmare!

cant wait to see ur NBC cake andrea....ive always wanted to do one!

Becka...for basic sponge/fairy cake mix i use

175g stork marg
175g SRF
175g caster sugar
and 3 eggs

i bake at 140 in a deep 8" tin for just under an hour.

I make 2 of these and sandwich together to make a lovely deep 8"

:help:

I have to make this..............
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSCN1433.jpg

:help:!!!!!

omg!! when for?? good luck to you !

ive carved and marzipanned my mummy cake gonna try and get it finished tomorrow

Omg taper thats gonna be rly hard, especially the hand! eeek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->