Cake Making & Baking Group

its for a guys 40th birthday next month.......... cant believe I agreed to it!

I was thinking about moulding my own hand with fondant somehow?! God only knows how this will turn out!!

Cant wait to see your Mummy cake Leeanne!!

erm good luck andrea!!! there nowhere you can get a mould from????

omg andrea....just what have u taken on??? LOL
if someone showed me that n sed...i want this.....id just say, u cant have it :rofl: i dont think id even attempt that it looks so hard!!! good luck hun! id love to give advice, but i have no idea where to start!

how r u going to get all the little bumps? coz if u tried to carve cake into bumps it would just crumble?
your best bet is to just cut ur cake into the arm shape (2d) and then built the lumpy muscly bit up with squished balls of fondant. then once ur happy with the shape, cover with a layer of skin coloured fondant! :rofl: im so glad i havnt been asked for this!!!

cant wait to see everyones cakes that are going at the mo! i have one almost finished, and one in progress in the oven! lol
the shoe cake is out of the window, it was to much shortnotice by the time she got back to me, so its a shoe related cake....even this is a nightmare, no-where has shoe cutters in stock, and cutting them out so small is impossible freehand! she need it for 2moro and ive been to 3 cake shops already.....i have one last one to try, then im all out of ideas!
xxx

Finished it

All done

Looks shite but tried my best

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/DSCF1332.jpg

OMG it doesnt look shite at all!!!!!!!!! It looks sooooo good! Well done you!

someone from work has just asked me to do her a cake or her hubbys birthday which happens to be my birthday too!!! she is gonna order 12 big bars of choc from my website too so cant say no :rofl:

WOW that cake is FANTASTIC!!! Its not sh*t at all!!

I just saw your site for the choccie bars....can I ask what chocolate bars you use? I am thinking I might get a few for Xmas from Nathan etc...thanks!

Emma.xx

Wowwww that mummy cake is REALLY good. Well done X

last week i made white chocolate cheesecake and this week i made brownie (with grated coconut coz oh hates nuts...it was supposed to use walnut )
:flower:

Attachments

• Photo-0024.jpg
    Photo-0024.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo-0035.jpg
    Photo-0035.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo-0038.jpg
    Photo-0038.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6
they look lovely hun!!!

right girls i need help!! lol i've just been dropped in at the deep end!! i need to bake and decorate 2 cakes by friday :saywhat: i've only made 2 cakes so far that i have decorated and managed to open my huuuuge mouth n offer to make the cakes for my mums 50th and my mil's bday on the same day !!!argh !

so the plan is to make a plain white iced cake with a few roses in the middle of mil's and use lustre spray and i'm gonna do a patchwork cake for my mum soooooooooo ...how the hell do i do roses?? lol and cani make em in advance and then have one less thing to worry about??
also if i can make em in advance how do i store em ?? also what do i make the roses out of?? can i just use fondant or am i better off with something else???? :shrug: i feel a little in at the deep end !!!

hehe Sara!

For Roses use the sugarpaste that is for making flowers, but before that practise with normal fondant as the flower one is quite expensive.

You can make them months in advance, once they have dried out store them in an airtight container.

great thanks andrea!! is there any secret to making them easily?? i've just looked on you tube n they look complicated and look like you need loads of tools??

the only thing I used was a plstic dowel to wrap the first petal onto, it made it a bt easier when using just fondant but the flower paste is stiffer and doesnt "melt" as much so can be handled more.

I just start off with a small ball of sugarpaste and work it inbetween my finger and thumb till it is a petal shape and quite thin. then just keep adding them on and wrapping them round so they look like real petals.

Its quite hard to explain!

yeah i get what you mean, i watched a vid on you tube n she had all sorts of tools and took her about 20 mins to make one petal!!!!!! think i will go get some gumpaste tomorrow n see if i can just wing it !!! lol fingers crossed it will go well :shrug:

Helloooooooooooo.

I was just wondering if anyone had made a slanted cake? How do you get them to stay together (as in I take it there is no filling between the top cake and bottom cake.

Also......................Does anyone know where I can find a pic of the cake that is in the bratz movie - the one the biatch girl has for her sweet 16?

Cheers.

ive never made a slanted cake yet but have a book that i got from the cake show in birmingham that looks quite good!

i havent seen the bratz movie so dunno what teh cake looks like so maybe do a google search for bratz movie cake and look in the google images

:hug:

HELP!!!!

Ive been asked to make this cake for a 40th birthday, they want it for my birthday on the 2nd jan so how far in advance can i make it with it still be ok they just want a normal sponge ??

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/lisascar.jpg

omg i would love to do a slanted cake!!! look soooooo cool !!!! i would think you would use dowels for the support ???

omg leanne thats gonna be one hell of a fun day doing that !!!! lol i would say you will get a couple of days grace maybe ? i usually make my cake on a night then ice and decorate it the following night and its good to eat for a couple of days after??? i keep mine out of the fridge in airtight containers :thumbup:

andrea - are you any further forward on that arm cake??

sara

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"