Cake Making & Baking Group

The cheek of some people, seriously.
The woman won't give the £20 deposit for the cakes until she's had some samples...

I did tell her I would try and get some for her, but having thought about it, and the fact she's having everything so cheap, she can shove it. I'll be out of pocket at this rate if I give her some cupcake 'samples'. Fair enough if she was spending £300 on a wedding cake, but shes paying £30 quid for 30 cupcakes and £20 for a decorated 7" square. The flipping ingredients and icing for that cake is going to cost £12 atleast.

Hun I agree. Tell her that if she wants samples she will have to pay. Lets see if she can get the cupcakes and cake cheaper. I doubt it..
Some people are in another world lol

Anyone done clotted cream cupcakes? Im really wanting to do them. Made my butterflies last night so want to use them. lol

CocoaOne, your cake looks really nice. I've used the tappits too but a pain when you want to write too much. A couple of mine broke when putting them on the cake too but I just stuck them together.

I have really long nails and the first time I used the rolled icing on the cake I had nail marks all over the place. Yesterday I was totally aware this could happen again and I was just very slow at doing it and used the edges of my hands. It was a success as no marks at all this time.

Made a super chocolatey cake although wasn't too impressed with the consistency of my choc buttercream.....?

Cocoa! Lovely cake sorry didnt see it earlier! LOVE your kitchen tiles even more :haha: They are lovely! Mine are boring white! haha

So girls, what's the cheekiest customer you've ever had? I'm dying to know!

Here's a cake I made recently, sorry it's so dark.

https://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/AdriannaRose91/CAKEEEE.jpg

Cocoa! Lovely cake sorry didnt see it earlier! LOVE your kitchen tiles even more :haha: They are lovely! Mine are boring white! haha

I can't even take credit for them, OH picked the kitchen! He also (against my advice..) picked black gloss cupboards :dohh: Fine when we didn't have LO, but now they are constantly covered in yogurty smears and handprints :haha:

My flowerpaste arrived today, so I'm going to start making the blossoms for my mum's cake soon. I've got to make a sling first though :sleep: I've made loads now so I get really bored doing them, at least with cakes you're always doing something different.

I can't even take credit for them, OH picked the kitchen! He also (against my advice..) picked black gloss cupboards :dohh: Fine when we didn't have LO, but now they are constantly covered in yogurty smears and handprints :haha:

My flowerpaste arrived today, so I'm going to start making the blossoms for my mum's cake soon. I've got to make a sling first though :sleep: I've made loads now so I get really bored doing them, at least with cakes you're always doing something different.

Oh I bet its gorgeous though! I see handprints on mine too but they arent black gloss thank goodness!

I havent had a bad customer yet. Just the ones enquiring who think you sell them for 20p like a a fete! Lol.

I have my SIL wedding in August they want the same as the flat ones I did with the flowers but with buttercream. Gonna have to pretty 160 gerberas and 80 hearts the day before. Girls are going to nursery anyway and they are getting married on the thursday!

Ladies. Can someone tell me how to do the rose swirl on a cuppie?

Its ok. I looked on Youtube! Gonna give it a go later

Start with the nozzle in the middle of the cake and then move it round anticlockwise to the outside. But only move your wrist, not your whole arm. That way, the icing kind of falls in on itself so it looks more like a rose.

Practice on a paper towel or plate first.

ETA - just noticed that you said you'd checked YouTube :dohh:
Hope they go well! :flower:

Hi

Thought id pop in say ive got brand new boxed stainless steel stand mixer for sale if anyone interested rrp 299
just message me :) x

Finished my cake with a topper! :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSCF1269.jpg
    DSCF1269.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1271.jpg
    DSCF1271.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 9
Start with the nozzle in the middle of the cake and then move it round anticlockwise to the outside. But only move your wrist, not your whole arm. That way, the icing kind of falls in on itself so it looks more like a rose.

Practice on a paper towel or plate first.

ETA - just noticed that you said you'd checked YouTube :dohh:
Hope they go well! :flower:

Thank You :flower:

I tried yesterday but it didnt look that great. Well not like these ones looked. Maybe my icing was too soft. I will definitely keep practicing is it a 1m you use?

hello ladies im thinking about attempting some cakes later on can you help me out with a vanilla recipe please :) xxx

Laura - yep 1M :thumbup:

Hazza - there's a good recipe on the first page :flower:

It came out pants Cocoa. My icing wasnt exactly thick should it be really hard. (Does that even make sense :haha:)

Laura - I'm definitely not an expert, but you want quite stuff icing - add sugar until it form ridges or peaks and they stay there instead of falling down (if that makes sense?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->