Cake Making & Baking Group

Thanks. I wanna make little pigs at the weekend so this is probably a good tip for them! Will have a go.

Yeah i'd love to see your Blog :)

I've been playing around a bit tonight......

Wow, those are absolutely stunning!

This is my blog: clicky. It hasn't been updated in quite a while though, hopefully I'll get round to putting my newer stuff on there soon :) My OH tends to eat a lot of it before I can take picture though normally :haha:

I hate those stupid tappit letter cutters! I've tried loads of times cutting them out with flowerpaste and they still break. Grrr, lol.

Chewy - Roll your icing out into strips ready to be used for cutting the letters out and let it go slightly hard. Make sure your tappits are completely dry I dust them in icing sugar then whack really hard first time...my trick is the going hard slightly works a treat for me :thumbup: hope that helps X

Hi ladies hope your all ok :flower:

Quick question about christening cake toppers - some i have seen are little play cubes with letters on them with a teddy in either blue or pink.

Are these made out of fondant or gumtrag/modelling paste? Any ideas?

Thankyou :thumbup:

I make mine out of icing (fondant with tylo) currently making some for this weekend xx

Chewy - Roll your icing out into strips ready to be used for cutting the letters out and let it go slightly hard. Make sure your tappits are completely dry I dust them in icing sugar then whack really hard first time...my trick is the going hard slightly works a treat for me :thumbup: hope that helps X

Oh and dont have your icing too thick, if it bulges through the letters on the top they'll be hard to get out x

Have done Vanilla/Mars/Coffee/Bounty and Cream Tea Cupcakes today and a lemon loaf.

Busy day then glitter :)

My thrown together Choc cake, and no that is NOT cheese in the middle of it as I have been asked numerous times :haha:
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/f503b60d.jpg

Looks lovely Jo!

I am ill and I have 40 cupcakes to make at weekend. I hope I am better!!

Thanks so do I.

I have to make all the toppers tomorrow..

I ordered a foam pad yesterday, some sugarflair and some glitter and it came today! I was so amazed at how quick!

Quick Q, Has anyone made a giant cupcake before? I cant remember?

I wanna ice it like swirls. like a small cupcake. Do you use a 1m on it?

Help !

Ive made a cake and didnt put in any baking paper at the bottom of the tin, i did grease it well tho, anyhoo the bottom of my cake tin is stuck on the bottom of the cake. How do i get it off :(

Use a cake cutter?? Or knife if you dont have one?

Laura > Never made one hun XX But I'd try the 1m - its not like its small and you know it looks nice! x

Laura have a look on Cake Baker's fan page on FB, there are some great pics of giants covered with 1M swirls x

Help !

Ive made a cake and didnt put in any baking paper at the bottom of the tin, i did grease it well tho, anyhoo the bottom of my cake tin is stuck on the bottom of the cake. How do i get it off :(

How did you get on? x

I couldn't do it with the knife , but I waited till it was cool enough to touch and coaxed it off !! I managed to put icing on the cake my first attention ever and I must say it was easier than I expected. I didn't think it through though cause when the icing was on didn't know what to do next so I ended up putting a small heart in the middle and a couple of red balls lol. Tastes great though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->