Cake Making & Baking Group

Doh!! thanks Laura lol x
Think I'll need to go shopping this weekend for the ingredients & have a go x
Reading this thread last night gave me a real urge to bake but it was like 9pm at night lol so will have to wait till the weekend lol x

Thats ok! We all start somewhere. I have only been baking for a few months. I love it....

This weekends cake:

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/205088_10150167063897225_516032224_6357438_7800736_n.jpg

Cassandra - that's amazing! Those reels must have taken ages!

SIL has asked me to do nephew's 2nd birthday cake (in July), but I'm not sure what she wants yet. Pooping my pants because it'll be the first cake I've been commissioned to do

Oh and here are LOs birthday cupcakes. I iced and decorated the cupcakes in a major rush - 5 mins before we left for the party, so I'm not overly happy with them, but everybody said they tasted amazing, so I'm pleased with that.

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/712a3441.jpg

Those look amazing, Cocoa, especially for a rushed job!

I think I'm going to make some cupcakes this weekend :)

Cocoa and Cassandra they're all so gorgeous! The little Nara bugs and film reels must have taken you both an age. Stunning!

CocoaOne & Cassandra - those cakes are amazing x

Well I made some white chocolate button cookies on saturday & they were amazing they tasted just like Millies cookies :munch: you had to eat them that day though because they went a bit hard the day after - still nice though x Me & my sister are going to attempt to make my mums birthday cake this weekend, hmmmm not sure how thats going to turn out lol but will do our best x Will post pics next week x
Anyone have any ideas???

Cakes are harder than cupcakes and I havent attempted one yet so dont have any advice just wanted to say good luck and hope it all comes out well.

Well I made some white chocolate button cookies on saturday & they were amazing they tasted just like Millies cookies :munch: you had to eat them that day though because they went a bit hard the day after - still nice though x Me & my sister are going to attempt to make my mums birthday cake this weekend, hmmmm not sure how thats going to turn out lol but will do our best x Will post pics next week x
Anyone have any ideas???

Idea's on what to make??

My tip for a 1st time cake, using fondant. Knead it well, dont roll it too thick or too thin and dont store it in the firdge once its been covered :)

If you need anything else i'm sure we'll all offer our help - Good luck & have fun X

Yesterday's efforts went into the actual sponge and icing rather than the decoration - Cuppies for work, orange sponge and orange buttercream, Mable sponge with chocolate buttercream.

https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/IMAG0149.jpg

https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/IMAG0166.jpg

They look lush Whoopy x

Where do you girls buy the decorations for your cupcakes??

Do any of you ladies make cake toppers to sell, and more specifically could you do a hungry caterpillar one and post it to Northern Ireland?!

I'm not going to have time to do one the week before my son's birthday but I had my heart set on a white iced cake with the hungry caterpillar on top, and a cupcake tower with the butterflies etc. I'll get the cake and cupcakes baked and iced and am gonna make the cardboard butterflies etc this week but I know I will run out of time to make 2 shades of green icing and a caterpillar. Can anyone help, or does anyone know where I can buy just the icing cake toppers?

Sending icing in the post would be a bit of a nightmare, imo, but this person sells em on ebay.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-HUNGRY-CATERPILLAR-CAKE-TOPPER-NEW-/250803436515?pt=Uk_Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&hash=item3a650cbbe3#ht_1498wt_1139

OR

You could always do them yourself, a few weeks before just store them in air tight boxes XX

Anyone have any ideas???

What sort of ideas you after? Cake recipes or decorating tips or ideas of what theme to do?

When I think of a mum cake I think of a rich chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream all over and decorated with cream, pink and chocolate flowers. If you want a bit of height you could do a smaller tier sitting on top, maybe a crescent moon shape? (I'm thinking of the last one I did for my mum, no pics though. Gonna have to start taking cake pics if I'm gonna join in on this thrad!)

Sending icing in the post would be a bit of a nightmare, imo, but this person sells em on ebay.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-HUNGRY-CATERPILLAR-CAKE-TOPPER-NEW-/250803436515?pt=Uk_Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&hash=item3a650cbbe3#ht_1498wt_1139

OR

You could always do them yourself, a few weeks before just store them in air tight boxes XX

Thanks.

I've got just over a fortnight but with working and (mainly) cleaning the house for the party (AAAAAAGH!!! I'm so messy!) I am scared of running out of time. I know I should have made them already, in my defence I always have before, your honour!!!

OR

Thanks.

I've got just over a fortnight but with working and (mainly) cleaning the house for the party (AAAAAAGH!!! I'm so messy!) I am scared of running out of time. I know I should have made them already, in my defence I always have before, your honour!!!

Only a suggestion?!

Good Luck though :)

I make my own toppers. I ordered some off of Ebay a while ago and I got them all broken, I emailed the seller and she sent me some more but they were broke too. Royal mail for you. Doesnt matter how many fragile labels are on them, they dont care!

I did some naughty ones this weekend.. I shall upload pics but the mans bit looked so huge on the cupcake! Everyone thought they were good apart from mum who said they were too big :haha: I dont know what I think. I tried making them but in the end I got a chocolate mould off ebay!

:rofl: you can never have a willy "too big" :haha: :winkwink:

Ive got 3 cakes to make for this weekend :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"