Cake Making & Baking Group

Lol Cassandra I shall bear that in mind... :rofl:

Here is a pic!!!

Attachments

• willy.jpg
    willy.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 17
lol - that mould is really good though! Looks like you have the rippling skin effect on them too!! Haha

Oh yeah it is great!!! My friend and I were having a right laugh when I took them out the fridge! lol... They have the ripples and all sorts! :haha: took them to MIL's and I was in garden and she shouted 'oh my, they are a bit naughty arent they?' I giggled.

Did you make them out of chocolate? Might have to get me some of them :D

Yeah I did.. I will message you the lady I got them from. She is on FB and Ebay.
Do they look too big?

Whoppy and Cassandra - fab cupcakes. I'm dieting and they are seriously making me hungry!

I haven't got any cakes on the horizon, I'm back at work full time now so not sure I'm gonna time. FILs bray at the end of the month, so I'll probably just make some basic ones, he LOVES the vanilla ones.

Anyone else got any exciting cakes in the pipeline?

Ive got a mini car to make for Thurs, a 50th birthday cake (no ideas yet) & a princess carriage both for Sat!!

Weekened after I have a 30th cake with a pair of head phones on.

Week after is the Royal wedding, and were having a street party, so I'll make a cake and cuppies for that. Plus its Olivia's 2nd birthday that weekend so probably a Pepper Pig cake.

Week after that I have a 3 tier wedding cake to do and a football shirt cake.

Then I'm 'free' as I'm running the Manchester 10k run!!

Week after that a handbag cake! :D

Bloody Hell Cassandra you are a baking whirlwind!!
I think I would have a breakdown, you would find me in the corner rocking and hugging a bag of sugar :rofl:

:rofl:

Jo I am very much that! My OH just asked me if I was going on the running machine tonight and the glare i've just given him had swear words all over it!!

Bugger Off!

I have a giant cupcake and 6 cupcakes to make this weekend and some 5th Birthday ones. Then next weekend I have another giant cupcake and cupcakes for my friends little boys second birthday and then my other friend wants some for easter and her birthday so busy few weeks. Glad I enjoy making them.

Laura & Cassandra - where the hell do you find the time?? I cant even go to the loo without LO following me & wanting to sit on my knee :dohh: lol

Oh its hard :wacko:

My sister is having LO tonight so I can get most of my baking done tomorrow, but usually it'd take me twice as long and a lot of "Mummy will play in a min!" :blush:

Its the days where she can make a real mess and I just think 'argh, bugger it!" Covered in felt tip pen and bringing sand in the house! Weekend cleaning is fun! :lol:

And if needed i'm usually up until about 1ish finishing off...luckily she sleeps through and doesnt get up until 7:30 so i'm quite lucky X

Im the same. Sometimes they will be with MIL or My mum or my mum comes round here and sits with them. My girls are 2 so they also play out in the back garden on the trampoline and sometimes they watch me bake.
Its not too bad..

CUPCAKE EXPERTS!!!!

I NEED your help...

I'm trying to make the multi coloured cuppies that you lovely ladies so, and well, cupcakes are really not my strong point! lol

whats your tips for colouring sponge?

Ive done the mixture and added a few 'blobs' of paste colouring, I think ive over mixed them as they've gone a yucky colour rather than quite defined...Am I just over mixing???

:flow: Thank you!

I made sure my mixture was thick because when I added a bit of milk it made it too runny and when they came out the oven they had all mixed togther... So when I tried it again I left the milk out so it thicker then I seperated it into 3 bowls and mixed the colour into it. I put in a spoonful in each spread it to the edges and do the same with the other colours then it comes out 3 diff colours.. I dont have any pic of mine but some of my tips came from Glitterfairy.

Hmmm, I dont use milk in my mixtures!?!

I was thinking, of separating the mixture before its coloured, colour each bowl (red/Blue/Green/orange) then layer them in the cup cases?

What do you think?? x

Here's today's cake. It's a birthday cake for a tree surgeon. I've never painted a cake before so it's not the best. I had a complete nightmare with the top cake (7inch chocolate) as it was too light and fluffy and decided to split and fall apart on me. I had to glue it all back together with a ton of buttercream. Thank goodness a tree stump is supposed to be wonky!
https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/IMAG0168.jpg

Lol Laura the willies came out great! And I agree they can never be too big lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"