Cake Making & Baking Group

Lol Thanks Whoppy...
I think the tree is great!!!

Cassandra, thats what I mean, put it into seperate bowls and then add the colouring... Yeah sounds right, you can only give it a go. Hope it comes out well.

Yes seperate the mixture and colour then layer them in the case.Mine come out like this.

Attachments

• P8142418.jpg
    P8142418.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1
Argh!! Im having a baking nightmare this week!!! And its not finished ha ha

I baked my 'mini car' cake y'day morning, but my square tins ALWAYS burn which really annoys the hell out of me, so by the time I cut off all the burnt bits it wasnt worth making into a car...so quick thinking i thought i'd make her some nice cuppies instead. Well, I mixed the colour all in one bowl didnt I and so they came out rather 'mucky' colour...so in that time I had to bake an 8" chocolate sponge for the 50th cake for sat...that was fine until it sunk and then went soggy and I couldnt work out why as i'd not changed anything!! STRESSED! Then I had to make some more cupcakes to make up for the naff ones before...

So I managed to bake another 8" cake but thats not deep enough, and I managed to save some of the other cake which I covered and put in the fridge.

Went in the fridge to finish the cake off last night and the eggs had broken and leaked all over the cake!! I was :cry:

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have a sphere cake to make and another layer of 8" to do today...Got a feeling its going to be a loooooooong night but hopefully it'll be worth it!

Will update with piccies when done...think im going grey!! :lol:

Poor you Cassandra! Hope today is a better day for you..

I have a giant cupcake and 6 cupcakes to do tonight for tomorrow. I cant wait. Its my first proper one. Its for a 90th Birthday. Gotta go home from work and cut all my toppers.

Oh Casandra :hugs: I hope things are better today xxx

Good luck with the cuppies today Laura x

My cake mission starts tomorrow with mums birthday cake eeeek still stuck on ideas x Was thinking maybe a handbag?

If its your first I'd definitely try something easy hun. I dont really know what you would class as easy. I only do giant cupcakes at the moment lol.. I plan to try a cake soon though.

I would have loved to have made mum cupcakes but she doesnt like that :wacko: its my sisters idea to make the cake x I'm good at making sponge but decorating said sponge is a different thing lol x
Think I might stick to a plain round or square one lol

Round is easier to cover than square personally :) I hate corners! lol

Oh no Cassandra that's some list of poopy things!!! I hope it's all working out better for you today x

Girls I'm about to make my first ever batch of cupcakes & I'm a tad nervous x the recipe I have says plain flour but surely it's self raising flour???

I had a nightmare tonight. Its now 23.13 and I am sitting here waiting for my cake to cool. Im so annoyed I made up my batch put it in the oven and it sank in the middle so I had to make another batch for the giant cupcake. Thankfully its cooked well. Just have to wait for it to cool and then I can decorate it and get off to bed. Lol.

Looks like I have had a day like yours Cassandra. Lets hope tomorrow is better... :shrug:

Creme Egg Cuppies

And Coffee. :thumbup:

Attachments

• P4173692.jpg
    P4173692.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
  • P4173704.jpg
    P4173704.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 5
Hope everything worked out in te end Laura x
The cuppies look lush GF x
Can someone please post their recipe for the frosting you use on top of your cuppies??? Mine seems to go really runny :-(

The cupcakes were put on the backburner so we could make mums birthday cake x
It took us 5 hours but we finished the cake & we are both so proud of ourselves x For a first attempt it was pretty good x
We did a 2 tier cake, the top one was lemon sponge with Yellow icing & the bottom one was a red velvet sponge with butter cream in the middle & pink Icing x
What do you girls think??

Attachments

• DSCF0007 (3)copy.jpg
    DSCF0007 (3)copy.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 19
If your buttercream is runny add more icing sugar to firm it up.Also if using colouring use paste not liquid.

Cake looks great.Pretty :)

Aw Laura, its poo isnt it :( Hope everything turned out better for you :hugs:

Glitter> Yummy cuppies as always!! mmmm mm

Reedy> WELL DONE!!! That brilliant, especially for your first time!!

Well here's this weeks cakes....I am totally knackered!!! Early night for me lol

My poopy cupcakes
217034_10150174137597225_516032224_6420846_3114451_n.jpg

Princess carriage, quite happy with this :D
218183_10150174137742225_516032224_6420848_3077875_n.jpg

Golf cake (really wonky!)
207528_10150174140367225_516032224_6420879_2998990_n.jpg

Turned out ok in the end. Thankfully. Lol. I ended up putting the jam on and covering it with another bowl and going to bed. I finished the rest in the morning and it looked great!
Cassandra the pics are lovely!!! Love the bottom one! My dad would love something like that.
Reedy well done on your first attempt you should be proud. I have a few more easter ones to do this weekend... Lots of caterpillar ones!

Thanks Girls x Seeing as that one went so well we are making my nieces birthday cakes in June, S wants a butterfly & L doesnt know yet x Think I'm going to make DH a golf ball one for his birthday in July x
My buttercream always looks like its curdled :-( Am I best to start with the icing sugar & add the butter?? You guys cupcakes always look lush, the frosting in my hummingbird book isnt piped on like yours so dont think the frosting recipe in there will be like the one I need x

Cassandra as always those cakes are amazing x I love the carriage x
On the golf cake, what did you use for the sand?? is it just crushed digestives or something? x

We have a book club at work & they bring all different things in & this week they have a 13 piece silicone bakeware set for £12 & DH is buying it for me I'm so excited lol said i'll make him a cake to say thank you :happydance:

Laura - Glad everything worked out in the end x
GF- Thanks for the tips hun :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"