Cake Making & Baking Group

Laura - I wondered if it was you that joined, I saw the profile pic about cake and thought it must be you! Lol The pink I use is called Rose and it's a Wilton gel that I got from hobbycraft.

I finished the camping cake! Not 100% happy with it, but I'm still learning so it's all experience. I havent put pics on FB yet because the customer is picking it up tonight. Here's a sneaky peek:
https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/P1030420.jpg
https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/P1030416.jpg

How can you not be 100% happy with it??? Its amazing x I love how you've put the candles in the fire x

Reedy - I havent seen them cheaper really. You pay for the quality, they are really good and can be used for playdoh also. If your going to be making more and more cupcakes then they work out good value. My bow ones are always in my freezer haha. Always using one of my moulds.
I use sugarflair to colour mine. I also use Royal icing which I know lots of people dont. Just easier for me to get my hands on than fondant.

Cocoa - yes me with the dodgy surname :haha: love that cake. Dunno why you wouldnt be 100% happy! I would be

My computer doesnt seem to be liking BnB much and my screen is white rather than purple and its not letting me upload pics so I am gonna wait until I get to work and then add a pic of all the toppers I have been doing. Think my freezer door is gonna fall off all the opening and closing :haha:

Its only letting me do two. Here are some. Im loving the welly boots. I so want someone to order some.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 7
I want buttons and crowns :haha: or perhaps something else for boys :wacko: not sure.

Oooh Laura they are fab - I really love the underwear one. Where is it you get them from?

Thanks girls, I got the spacing a bit wrong so there's too much 'blank' space at the front, the candles are taller than I'd like (but had to have them quite tall or they'd drip wax all over the cake) and because it was short notice - I didn't have time to buy the right size cake board and box (boxes are nearly £4 in Hobbycraft! I only pay £1ish online, and I was only charging £25 for the whole cake!) so I didn't have space to do any decoration around the bottom of the cake. The customer was very happy with it though, and I hope the birthday boy is too!

WOW :amartass:
these cakes are truly amazing i wanna learn!
there better than the shops!

xxxx

I want buttons and crowns :haha: or perhaps something else for boys :wacko: not sure.

I want the buttons too. PC does them for like £10! Lol. I'm building up to buying them though, hopefully cheaper.

I have a crown mould. Its not from the link I gave you its from another. Its really cool.

Cocoa - I got my bra and knicker mould from Purple Cupcakes but I posted earlier that I now by my moulds from where PC get theirs so I pay less.

Here is the link
https://stores.ebay.co.uk/FPC-Sugar....l1581&_pgn=3&clk_rvr_id=250909160903&afsrc=1

Beware!!!! You may spend a fortune :haha:

oooh thanks Laura, I think I might have to get the skull and cross bones one - I'm doing Pirate themed cake in a few weeks and I also want to take some to my friend's husband's 30th party - he's a bit 'alternative' so thinking of doing vanilla cupcakes with black frosting and white skull and crossbones, and choc cupcakes with white icing and something to decorate - not sure what yet.

Here's the dinosaur cake I made last night, I think it looks like a cross between a dinosaur, crocodile and a dragon... but I think the customer will be happy with it!

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/P1030435.jpg

Thats cute Cocoa! Very cute.

I have just baked 75 cupcakes and I am shattered! Lol. Its for a wedding tomorrow. Then I am off to see Arsenal play New York Red Bulls. So its gonna be a bit manic.

I cant decide whether I should ice them tonight or tomorrow morning. Im thinking timewise tonight but I worry about the buttercream, like going to bed and waking up to a disaster :haha: all the buttercream has fallen off the cakes and its a complete mess! :haha:

Dino cake is amazing!

We had a tea party yesterday with lots of cakes.If you have me on facebook theres photos on there. x

Hellllooo.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend.

I did the cupcakes for the wedding, the bride had some bad news the day before that her mum had passed away but they still went ahead with the wedding and they were pleased with the cupcakes.

I have however said that I much prefer to bake plain sponge, you cant go wrong with good old plain sponge :haha:

Some of my cupcakes came away from the cases and I had to bake more, I had to put them in their boxes overnight and when I woke some more had come away, I ended up having to glue them together with buttercream, luckily it worked well so I was pleased. Never had this with plain sponge though. I would of liked them to look a bit nicer but the bride and groom wanted some carrot cake and I had to use cream cheese frosting which I hate! I ended up using a ton of icing to thicken it up. So they came out soft on top.

Anyway they came out well so I am pleased, here are some pics.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 24
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
Laura they look gorgous. What a nightmare to happen - things never go smoothly when the pressure is on!

Glitterfairy - OMG those cakes are immense. I'm not sure I'd even know where to start eating one of them! Lol. I wonder how long they take to make/ how much they cost?!

GF - How did your Tea Party go. Just looked at the pics, they are lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->