Cake Making & Baking Group

Try a bit of rejuvenator (sp) in your paints hun xx

Tried cake pops today!! Great mess...done them far to big and heavy and they fell mid eating! Fun though!

x

Best thing about the cake was that i had to carve it so im going to attempt cake pops too with all the left over bits :)

I used to give OH or the neighbours the off cuts, they'll be gutted now knowing I can make Cake-Pops :haha:

Girls - who uses embossing mats on fondant? I'm sure I've seen someone use textured circles of fondant to top cupcakes with... Laura was it you?

I want to get some but I can't find any decent ones (that aren't brick or cobblestones..) There are a few pretty ones on ebay but the designs look quite big, so I'm not sure how it would look on a cupcake. Where so people get theirs from?

I got some from purple cupcakes really really nice...though don't put them in the dishwasher :rofl:

Hey everyone, has anyone used Wilton colour pastes? It's just I'm off to the Range tomorrow to hopefully get myself a 1M nozzle at last if they're back in stock and I'm tempted to get the 8 pack of pastes they have there, but I don't want to get them if they're crap IYKWIM lol.

Here's my last batch of cupcakes,

Lemon sponge with lemon grass and fondant stars made with my new star cutter (which I ended up buying after I last went to try and buy a 1M nozzle lol, I can't leave empty handed LMAO)

Attachments

• cakes.jpg
    cakes.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 5
Girls - who uses embossing mats on fondant? I'm sure I've seen someone use textured circles of fondant to top cupcakes with... Laura was it you?

I want to get some but I can't find any decent ones (that aren't brick or cobblestones..) There are a few pretty ones on ebay but the designs look quite big, so I'm not sure how it would look on a cupcake. Where so people get theirs from?

Yeah I used them. I ordered mine from Blue Door Bakery on FB but Purple Cupcakes do them also.

They are lovely and really easy to use. I have loads in my cupboard.

Hey everyone, has anyone used Wilton colour pastes? It's just I'm off to the Range tomorrow to hopefully get myself a 1M nozzle at last if they're back in stock and I'm tempted to get the 8 pack of pastes they have there, but I don't want to get them if they're crap IYKWIM lol.

I have the Wilton colour pastes and I think they're good - nice selection of colours IMO!

^^^^yep wss :)

Only colour I dont like from Wilton is their purple, I use Flair for that instead xx

Ive always wanted to use Wilton but always ended up ordering Sugarflair or Americolor.

Oooooo might have to go and look at my local Hobbycraft at weekend

Got some from the blue door bakery - thanks Laura!

I'm making the penguin cake at the mo, all the penguins are done and I'm really looking forward to it all coming together. A friend begged me to make a cake for his wife's birthday - this Friday, so I've got to try and squeeze that in around working fulltime too :dohh:

He just wants a basic white cake, and said his wife likes pink and butterflies - I've made loads of pink butterflies in a 'V' shape and was going to attach them in a swirly design but now I'm not sure how well they'll stick to the icing.... I didn't have flower paste so just had to use fondant with gum trag mixed in. I think they'll be to heavy to fix to the sides. Hmmmmmm.

Also got two birthday cakes (pirate ship and basic round with ipod on top) and 42 cupcakes to make next weekend - as well as attending two of the parties. Eeek!

Emmy - I love that colour green!

Got some from the blue door bakery - thanks Laura!

I'm making the penguin cake at the mo, all the penguins are done and I'm really looking forward to it all coming together. A friend begged me to make a cake for his wife's birthday - this Friday, so I've got to try and squeeze that in around working fulltime too :dohh:

He just wants a basic white cake, and said his wife likes pink and butterflies - I've made loads of pink butterflies in a 'V' shape and was going to attach them in a swirly design but now I'm not sure how well they'll stick to the icing.... I didn't have flower paste so just had to use fondant with gum trag mixed in. I think they'll be to heavy to fix to the sides. Hmmmmmm.

Also got two birthday cakes (pirate ship and basic round with ipod on top) and 42 cupcakes to make next weekend - as well as attending two of the parties. Eeek!

Emmy - I love that colour green!

What ones did you get Cocoa??

I got one with flowers, one with dotty circles and one with swirls. £2 each is a bargain too. A lot of the others I've seen are around £6, they're bigger but smaller ones are easier to store! lol

Yeah they are small but like you said easy to store. Mine fit down the side and as I only make cupcakes they are fine for me.

I have 60 cupcakes to make for a friends friends 40th birthday, 12 cupcakes to make for my friends sister in law all this friday and then on Wednesday next week I begin the big bake. Im going to be daring and ice them in the morning as lately my toppers havent been sticking to my icing well when I do the icing the night before Im so scared the toppers are going to wilt in the heat I wont even dream of putting them on the night before. Its gonna be a busy busy day! Lol. Im mad!

How much is delivery from blue door bakery?

I got my gels today and a butterfly cutout/embosser but still no 1M :(

Where's the cheapest place including p&p to buy one?

I think delivery was about £3 from Blue Door Company.

You can get the 1M here for a couple of quid, and then stock up on other things to make the delivery charge worthwile :winkwink:
https://www.cakecraftworld.co.uk/products.asp?cc=101&scc=730

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->