Cake Making & Baking Group

These are the cakes I did yesterday! Loving the colour.

Blue Door was pretty good price think it was £3, I ordered 3 of the embossing mats and their cupcake cases because they are the best I have used so it made it worth the £3

Attachments

• cuppies.jpg
    cuppies.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 17
These are the cakes I did yesterday! Loving the colour.

Blue Door was pretty good price think it was £3, I ordered 3 of the embossing mats and their cupcake cases because they are the best I have used so it made it worth the £3

They are gorgeous!! Ooh they make me hungry... How did you do your little bows?

I think I'm gonna do a bit of shopping now lmao :D

Thank you..

Its a mould. I love moulds so easy to use.

I have 4 more cupcakes to do this weekend for a a new baby boy. (well his parents :haha:)

OMG. I am going to the Annual Cake Decorating, Chocolate and Sugarcraft event :happydance: its not til March but I am so excited already, they do mini classes on decorating and making chocolate also, you have to pay extra so I better start saving now as well as stalls and free gifts. I cant wait. Its in Farnham and is hosted by Squires Kitchen :cloud9:
I booked my tickets for the Friday as my mum works on Saturdays only and then when I was flicking through none other than the amazing Peggy Porschen is opening... :cloud9: never been so excited before in my life.

I sooooo cant wait. :happydance:

Ohhh so jealous!! I wanna goooo!

Went to bake some more cupcakes... and I have no eggs :dohh:

I want to try out my colours!

Thats one thing I never run out of as my dad buys me then every week. 3 trays of 20 eggs! Lol

I know I cant wait. Im so excited

I am soooo jealous!!

:haha: Emmy i did the same thing today, wanted to bake some cupcakes but no flour after my mammoth bake of 60 cupcakes and 2 birthday cakes over the weekend :haha:

I am soooo jealous!!

:haha: Emmy i did the same thing today, wanted to bake some cupcakes but no flour after my mammoth bake of 60 cupcakes and 2 birthday cakes over the weekend :haha:

Wheres the pics? I didnt see them? :haha:

LMAO I'm too lazy to go get eggs so I've spent 20 quid on baking supplies online :blush:

I just won't tell OH...

Hi girls, I am always reading in here and your cakes are always magnificinet. I have been in a baking frenzy the last few days. I am doing a Peppa Pig cake (which is made and covered but not decorated yet), 2 batches of cupcakes, one with homemade Peppa Pig toppers and my first attempt at cake pops! I will upload photos when they are all finished.

I have a question though, tonight when I did my cupcakes, after they ahd cooled, the cupcake cases had almost entirely peeled away from the cake. I bought decent cases (from cakecraft or the like) - any ideas why?

Did you air them properly? I find when I push mine together to cool them they come away and it also can be your mixture, if it is too wet it can make them come away too.

I spread them out on a cooling rack to cool and the mixture seemed as normal - who knows but I had to use a ton of buttercream to try to stick them back down!

Were they the first time you used the cases?

I used to use culpitt cases and I have loads of them in my cupboard but I started using some other ones from Ebay and they are really good so when I went back to use the culpitt they came away, I put them close together to cool and then once cooled I boxed them before I iced them because I didnt ice them til the morning.

Aaah I need to get my ass moving I have a ton of cupcakes to make for tomorrow and I need to go to the shops :dohh:

Me too blob.

I have 60 to make for a birthday party, 12 to make for a friends SIL and 4 for a new baby boy.
Busy tonight lol.

I was meant to be going out cannot face another late night tho :dohh:

Hi girls, I am always reading in here and your cakes are always magnificinet. I have been in a baking frenzy the last few days. I am doing a Peppa Pig cake (which is made and covered but not decorated yet), 2 batches of cupcakes, one with homemade Peppa Pig toppers and my first attempt at cake pops! I will upload photos when they are all finished.

I have a question though, tonight when I did my cupcakes, after they ahd cooled, the cupcake cases had almost entirely peeled away from the cake. I bought decent cases (from cakecraft or the like) - any ideas why?

I find if I slightly over bake my cupcakes they peel away from the cases, had they been baked a little too long or high? Only take the odd minute and it could be game over!

You can get cases that are like cups, they dont move in shape. I cant use them to be honest, so have to make sure my timing is spot on xx

Some of my cases do that Shiv - I think the mixture is too wet though. I like to use the Hummingbird cupcake recipe as I prefer the taste (so did 5 out of 7 of my colleagues - they love taste-test days! lol) The hummingbird mixture is really wet, so I think that's my problem.

Laura - gorgeous cupcakes, as always. Your molds are fab, and I love the colour combination.

Here are the two cakes I've made for this weekend: (spoiler because the pics are huge!)

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/9189c0a2.jpg

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/7a68e6e6.jpg

Oh wow Cocoa! Is that the cake for the wife you was talking about? I love the penguins! So cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->