Cake Making & Baking Group

Yep the butterfly one is the last minute order I got on Wednesday, it's her 30th birthday tonight so we're all going out for a meal. The butterflies are really sparkly but I'm not sure if the low lighting in the restaurant will highlight them very well. I hope she'll like it - I'd done pink numbers '30', but I think she's a bit sensitive that she's old now! lol

The penguin cake is for my friend's little boy, it's his party on Saturday. I'm not sure why she asked for penguins (in the middle of summer?) but that's what she wanted.

Next job is trying to decide how to do a pirate ship!

Ahh I am sure you will find a way! Your cakes always look great!

My sister turns 31 this year and she is sensitive about her age too! Lol.

All the cakes look fab x
Think I'll make some cupcakes this weekend x
Going to go to the Range this afternoon to see what i can pick up x

I've been trying out my new colours today, got red cupcakes with black chocolate orange buttercream spread on and I'm going to do some purple swirls and bright green butterflies haha total colour clash! But just waiting for the black to harden on the cakes in the fridge before the next bit :)

Can't wait for my goodies to be delivered heee hee!

I am soooo jealous!!

:haha: Emmy i did the same thing today, wanted to bake some cupcakes but no flour after my mammoth bake of 60 cupcakes and 2 birthday cakes over the weekend :haha:

Wheres the pics? I didnt see them? :haha:

They are not ones to show off :( they were pretty rubbish :blush: got a birthday cake to do tomorrow and im going to try cake pops hopefully they will turn out better!

You can show all pictures here! I love cake pictures. What you might think is rubbish might not be to anyone else hun.

OMG I am so annoyed. I ordered size 18 boxes from my supplier and when they came the inserts didnt fit, then I told them and ordered some more and they are the same!!! Ive asked for a replacement of either 12's or 24's. Im so annoyed. I have SIL wedding in like 6 bloody days!! I hope they reply soon! He did say I could have an exchange or refund so hopefully he can get them sent.

I just bought the butterfly cutter that a lot of you girls have x Hope to use it this weekend x
I have a poppy red colour past so think I'll do red roses with a butterfly on the side x Saw that somewhere on FB I think x

Laura - Cant believe they dont fit & they sent you the same ones again x Hope they send you the right ones in time x

Oh no Laura - where was that from? I hope you can get it sorted quickly!

Lol im such a clown. One of the boxes didnt fit and I ranted cos they were all the same size but when I looked the other ones did fit. Goodness knows so I emailed them to say not to bother as it was just one :haha:
Im a prat! Lol.
I get mine from Cupcakeboxesuk.com

Heres the ones from today. I had 60 cupcakes for a wedding and then 12 for a friend and then 4 for a baby boy.
As I was driving them to the family an idiot in a car pulled out on me and the little box for the new baby went flying, I had to bring them home and redo them. So peed off lol. Broke all the toppers. Glad its my usual lady and she was fine about it.
The others made it in one piece.

That pic of the single cupcake makes the baby face look dirty but I dont know what that is cos it wasnt dirty. :haha:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 18
Hello ladies, just a quick question.

Did you say you use Stork for your buttercream?

See I did use stork but then I realised it made the icing not very smooth? Like stork for me makes it look a bit bobbly but the butter doesn't :wacko:

Gutted about the cakes I would have cried.

I wish I could upload photos but I have no laptop just now and my phone refuses to upload photos :hussy: did some really cool ones with toadstools and caterpillars :haha:

here is my attempt at cake pops...well not really cake pops because i was too lazy to go and buy lolly sticks so they are cake balls? cake bites? i dunno...Other cake is my brothers birthday cake, went down a storm :)

Attachments

• P200811_13.54_[01].jpg
    P200811_13.54_[01].jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 12
  • P200811_13.33.jpg
    P200811_13.33.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 22
just thought i'd pop in and show you the cake i made for jakes birthday.
only thing i didn't make was the waybuloo topper! got that from ebay. :)

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185394_910369939792_61109792_46823051_6977398_n.jpg

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281630_910369959752_61109792_46823052_5493876_n.jpg

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/251577_909398052462_61109792_46801423_3698233_n.jpg

Rainbow cake looks fab.Love colourful cake :)

Burger and fries cake looks amazing x

not been in here in ages as I lost my baking buzz a bit :( Slowly getting it back though :D Just did a raspberry and lemon cake for my mums birthday yday. I did cream cheese icing and it was okay but mine always ends up a bit too runny :dohh:

I use stork for cake, butter for icing. I imagine it would taste ick with stork?

I normally use blocks of butter. I prefer them but I've heard people using stork and I wondered what it was like. Never used it.

Fab cakes x
Laura - how did you make the little booties?? x

My efforts from last week.

Peppa Pig cake
Peppa Pig cuppies
cake pops (first try, for the kids parties bags, so one pic is just made and teh other is all wrapped up)

Attachments

• DSC01683.jpg
    DSC01683.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01684.jpg
    DSC01684.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 10
  • cakepops.jpg
    cakepops.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 14
  • cakepops2.jpg
    cakepops2.jpg