Cake Making & Baking Group

I use my stand mixer, I would love a Raspberry Ice Kitchen Aid. I am hoping I get one for Christmas :)

Girls I need your help x
My chocolate sponge cupcakes never seem to be very moist, wondered what recipes you girls used?
This is what I use: 175g butter, sugar, flour, 3 eggs & 3 tbsp chocolate powder oh & a quarter of a tsp of baking powder x

Try adding a dash of milk? I'm not very good at chocolate sponge lol!

It is quiet in here...I guess you are all busy baking. :cake:

Just a quick question: How long do you bake your cupcakes for in a fan assisted oven and how long?

Also, is there a difference in the taste of buttercream and cheese cream and can anyone describe it?

Girls I need your help x
My chocolate sponge cupcakes never seem to be very moist, wondered what recipes you girls used?
This is what I use: 175g butter, sugar, flour, 3 eggs & 3 tbsp chocolate powder oh & a quarter of a tsp of baking powder x

Instead of adding the chocolate in as a powder mix it with a little water to make a runny paste or try adding a little less flour. x

I mix my cocoa powder with water or milk and that makes a nice moist mixture..

Thanks guys I'll try mixing it with water/milk x Should I stick to the amount of powder & flour or change it? if so what to? lol

I did my first batch of 24 cupcakes to order for my friends little boys birthday - I wasnt happy at all & so glad she wasnt paying for them because they werent worth anything :cry:
I was in a rush to get them done on time & made such stupid mistakes like using a shitty nozzle, my buttercream being too stiff & not piping well & the worst mistake of all which I didnt realise until last night was that I forgot to add vanilla to the buttercream :dohh: wondered why they tasted rank x
She says she was happy with them but dont know if she's just saying that because I didnt charge x
I have more to do next week & I'm bricking it :cry: maybe I'm not cutout to do this :cry:

Aww :hugs: dont stress everyone makes mistakes especially when under pressure :hugs:

As for the recipes tbh I use hummingbird ones most and will adapt from them and only use others/experiment when it's only my DH eating them.

Everyone makes mistakes and you learn to fit things in. I now bake my cupcakes the evening before delivery if its an early delivery and early in the morning for that night.
Buttercream changes with the weather, sometimes its thick and sometimes its runny.

Dont beat yourself up.

Just a quick question: How long do you bake your cupcakes for in a fan assisted oven and how long?

Also, is there a difference in the taste of buttercream and cheese cream and can anyone describe it?

Anyone?
:coffee:

Sorry piperette x I have a fan assisted oven & bake fir 20 minutes at 180 x

Thanks girls x think I'll try thebhummungbird recipe sometime this week if I get chance & see how they turn out x

Anyone?
:coffee:

Cream cheese has a less sweeter taste in my opinion. I dont really eat Cream Cheese Frosting although I use it when I make cheesecake cupcakes.
Buttercream is sweet.

I bake my cupcakes on 150 for about 25 minutes, I find the lower the heat the better they cook. I used to cook on 18 for about 15 minutes.

Ladies how much do you charge for cupcakes?

And I'm trying to make the most chocolatey cupcakes ever, chocolate fudge with ganache filling and whipped ganache frosting... so far they smell good, came out if the oven 10 minutes ago! And how tasty is ganache?! I could have drunk it all last night :blush: om nom!!

My FB page seems to have lulled :( I had an enquiry about prices but never heard back once I'd told her the prices so I'm guessing she thought it was too much :/ and no new likes recently either :(

Hello, I haven't posted here before but just wanted to ask for a little bit of help.

I've been asked to do a 2nd birthday cake and it has to be an iggle piggle cake. I have to types of cakes in mind, would you be able to tell me how much you would pay for each cake as I have never made a cake for anyone outside of the family before so I have no clue on charging.

iggle piggle cake.jpg

Igglepiggle cake 2.jpg

Ladies how much do you charge for cupcakes?

And I'm trying to make the most chocolatey cupcakes ever, chocolate fudge with ganache filling and whipped ganache frosting... so far they smell good, came out if the oven 10 minutes ago! And how tasty is ganache?! I could have drunk it all last night :blush: om nom!!

My FB page seems to have lulled :( I had an enquiry about prices but never heard back once I'd told her the prices so I'm guessing she thought it was too much :/ and no new likes recently either :(

Put a link to your group.

It's here

Here's a pic of my gorgeous chocolate cuppies, they do taste rather good even if I do say so myself :haha:

https://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad323/Tiggylou/8636cc7e.jpg

Another question: When the baking time is up, do you take them out straight away or leave them in the oven to cool down rather than straight in the cold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->