• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cake Making & Baking Group

Hi girls,
i'm new to this section i'd love to try to get into cake decorating but have no idea where to start :shrug:

Can any of you recomend any books or websites to get me started?
What equipment etc will I need?

:flower:

YouTube!!

If you want to do cupcakes, get a Wilton 1M nozzle :thumbup:

Laura - It's hard to describe how I did the bow lol :dohh:

Pip - its still sweet but doesn't have the tang of the cheese iykwim?

Hi All,

I decided in Sept to start teaching myself how to decorate cakes.. I've attached a few of my attempts.. Would love to join you all xx

they look great :)
how did you do the 2 tone blue and white one?

Hi All,

I decided in Sept to start teaching myself how to decorate cakes.. I've attached a few of my attempts.. Would love to join you all xx

they look great :)
how did you do the 2 tone blue and white one?

Just filled the icing bag half and half, doesn't even have to be exactly, just as long as its vertical

Lush cakes x

I have booked myself on 3 more cakes classes x
Introduction to cupcakes on the 9th feb, Cake pops on the 15th March & Easter cupcakes on the 29th March x
I cant wait, had a great time last time I went x

I have lost my wilton 1M cant find the fecker anywhere :cry:

I have never been to a cake class... I really want to tho!

I wanted to do a cake class but some are so stupidly expensive. Nobody wants to pay those kind of prices. Like £200 just to learn the basics :haha:

I am so excited. Sunday is the girls birthday and I am getting all ready to make their cake and cupcakes. :)

Luckily these classes are only £15 for 2 hours x
Cant wait to see the girls birthdays cakes Laura x

My sister has requested a caterpiller birthday cake... any ideas how I should do this? xx

I once made a gigantic caterpillar cake, made out of lots of cakes (sandwich cake tin size) put together with buttercream and then covered in chocolate and decorations! Ill try and find the picture and put it up! Sorry thats not very helpful though! x

Reedy that's so cheap!! But so sad about your 1M :( have you found it yet?

Laura I can't wait to see these cakes!

I have family coming this weekend so going to make a lemon cake and cover it with buttercream, just got to hope I don't balls it up :coffee:

gosh i looovvvveeeee looking at all the cakes youve made! theyre so amazing and youve all completely inspired me to start baking! so now im going to join in this thread rather than just lurking.

soooo...heres a cake i made for my friend's little girl ^_^

Attachments

• 2011-11-11 23.22.38.jpg
    2011-11-11 23.22.38.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 8
FILs birthday cake

Attachments

• DSC03748.jpg
    DSC03748.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 11
It's a coffee and walnut cake as that's what he requested lol, but I put chocolate swirls on It

The peppa pig cake is lush x
I love the coffee & walnut one, the logo on the top is fab x

Emmy - Havent had a proper look for it yet, its either at my mums or in my cake cupboard or cake box

Love the Peppa Pig cake, it's fab! The coffee and walnut one looks nice too, did you make the motiff yourself? It looks brilliant!

I have been asked to make a Harry Potter cake. I am a bit nervous, I admit, not sure why. Because of the design of the cake, I am thinking of using a food colour pen to write on it in, but my sister says they are difficult to work with, has anyone found this or used them at all?

Also, I've ordered some Tylose Powder to try, I usually use Gum Trag. What are the differences? Will I notice any difference?

Thanks!

The coffee and walnut one looks nice too, did you make the motiff yourself? It looks brilliant!

Thank you yes I did, made it all, didn't cheat. He only wanted a coffee cake, but thought i'd do something else x

the cakes all look fab, i'll be stalking hoping to get some tips from you ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->