• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cake Making & Baking Group

Haven't been on here for ages mainly because i don't have the money to bake and am trying to diet!

I did make these chocolate brownies yesterday though.:thumbup:

Attachments

• P1265997.jpg
    P1265997.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 5
Mmmmmmm brownies!!

Well I just finished the cake I've been working on, my Auntie is coming for the weekend and loves lemon cake so I've baked a lemon buttercream covered cake, first time doing the side ruffle things too, didn't go too badly lol. Did run out of icing sugar so had to make a feature side lmfao and decorate that first before doing the other sides!

Sorry it's tiny, it's a little pic from FB, it was that or a monster again lol.

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/396448_216557868438595_153505481410501_454946_715599151_n.jpg

Emmy, that Lemon cake looks lush! It's my husbands favourite. How did you pipe the sides, did you have to tilt the cake?

I decided to make a cake while my husband was out tonight. Started baking at 9 and just finished. It's not exactly how I wanted it, but I'm quite pleased.

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/fd56a407.jpg

Thankyou! It's just vanilla flavoured 'madeira' with vanilla buttercream.

That's so cute!!

No I did the sides while it was on the plate, did a blob of icing then spread it, took ages lol and I was running out of buttercream :haha:

I love the bear :thumbup:

Omg I looooove lemon cake and brownies :lol: hungry.

Emmy - I love lemon cake, yours looks lush x
Love brownies too x

OMG Midori that cake is amazing x

So I need to model a teddy bear, how do I get a good brown colour? Any ideas? I have black, blue, purple, two pinks, red, yellow, green and ivory!

I'm going to bake more cookies today as I have no icing sugar to bake and decorate cupcakes lol.

Laura I want to see this weekends efforts! Did the girls have a nice birthday?

I've no idea how you'd get brown, except to buy a brown. Sorry!!! Coookies sound lovely.

I baked and ganached this yesterday and iced and decorated it today:

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/49be2dbe.jpg

that cake looks lush midori! loving the flowers! are they sugarpaste?

Thankyou! :thumbup:

Choc cake was lush! (made it for a coffee morning) not good for my diet though!
The flowers were gum paste. I tried it as I am useless at flowers and usually use sugar paste with gum trag in it. The gum paste was much better tbh. Still need lots of practice though! :blush:

I'm making a Harry Potter cake today and tomorrow. I feel like plop though as I have fecking mastitis again (I've actually lost count, 8 or 9th time I think!) and I just feel like going to bed!

Anyone got any cakey pictures to cheer me up?! Where's Laura? Really looking forward to seeing her girls' cake. Bet it was fab!

Thankyou! :thumbup:

Choc cake was lush! (made it for a coffee morning) not good for my diet though!
The flowers were gum paste. I tried it as I am useless at flowers and usually use sugar paste with gum trag in it. The gum paste was much better tbh. Still need lots of practice though! :blush:

I'm making a Harry Potter cake today and tomorrow. I feel like plop though as I have fecking mastitis again (I've actually lost count, 8 or 9th time I think!) and I just feel like going to bed!

Anyone got any cakey pictures to cheer me up?! Where's Laura? Really looking forward to seeing her girls' cake. Bet it was fab!

im getting impatient, waiting for my cmc paste to come in the post...i need to practice making gumpaste:haha: im really impressed with your flowers! however, i thought gumpaste was just sugarpaste with gum trag in it? at least my recipe just says sugarpaste plus gumtrag/cmc :shrug:

im so excited to see your harry potter cake. make sure you upload a pic when youve done it!! rubbish about the mastitis, esp how many times youve had it!

i will have pics to upload when my cmc gets here. so maybe early next week?

I think different places/books call gum/flower/modelling paste the same things. My book (or the one I've looked in) calls sugar paste and gum tray modelling paste and gum/flower paste has got gelatine and glucose etc in it. I'm too lazy to make my own...

Hope your stuff has come now. Where do you order from?

Finished the HP cake, they are collecting at 5pm. I hope they like it. It's for an adult.

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/de766b16.jpg

That cake is amazing! Love the snitch and hat!

My stuff is just from ebay, i couldnt find it in any of the shops where i live. Not here yet, should be here monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->