• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cake Making & Baking Group

I saw those on your FB page Laura, I love the box!!

Midori fabulous cakes!

Midori - yours & your sisters cakes are fab x

Laura - where did you get the boxes from?? I NEED them lol x they are lush x

Meri Meri do lovely cupcake things.Make cupcake gifts look extra special x

Squires Kitchen but I have googled and you can get them anywhere, they have other boxes that I like but there is only one place I have seen them and they are out of stock! Boo :(

Thanks everyone.

Laura, lovely boxes, never thought of looking at Squires for that kind of thing.

I am In actual cake hell right now. Making a chocolate wrap cake that needs to be collected later today and it's going wrong, wrong, wrong... Was up till 3.30 and just hoping the baby will go for a nap after her breakfast so I can finish it...

Thanks everyone.

Laura, lovely boxes, never thought of looking at Squires for that kind of thing.

I am In actual cake hell right now. Making a chocolate wrap cake that needs to be collected later today and it's going wrong, wrong, wrong... Was up till 3.30 and just hoping the baby will go for a nap after her breakfast so I can finish it...

Oh no :( I do hope it turns out ok.

Yeah, they don't really have a lot of funky boxes but these are just gorgeous.
I'm going to their cake decorating show in March I am soooooo excited, 3 weeks today
:happydance:

Making the figurine and other decor today for a fisherman cake tomorrow, copying one of the net so hopefully it comes out ok!

Ooh, that sounds good Laura, lucky you!!! I'd love to do something like that.

Mrs. B, good luck with your figures!

Well, I think I've sort of managed to save the chocolate cake. I'm not completely happy with it, but I think it's passable?! She asked for a pic when it was finished, but I'm a bit scared to send it! :blush:

Honest opinions appreciated!

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/ecce533a.jpg

Fisherman cake, idea taken from the internet..

Attachments

• DSC03790.jpg
    DSC03790.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC03791.jpg
    DSC03791.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC03792.jpg
    DSC03792.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
I honestly think its gorgeous. Is it using icing or actual chocolate? Its gorgeous hun

Oh it's lovely!!

I finished a cake for collection in the morning, im not 100% happy with it, the fondant was awful and cracked!! I used dr oetker, first time I've used it, normally get tesco but theyd sold out :(

https://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad323/Tiggylou/06ad9270.jpg

It looks lovely from the picture hun.

I hate it when that happens.. Stock up on lots of Tesco ones

Emmy, that looks fab! If it cracked you covered it well. I usually use Asda own fondant and it's slightly cheaper than Tesco, but I hate the taste of fondant and I'm thinking of either flavouring it with LorAnn oils or making my own marshmallow fondant and seeing how that works out.

Thanks for the nice comments about the choc cake. I'll post a pic of what it looked like before I started again and rescued it at the end of this post, it wasn't good! Laura, it's all made from chocolate, no icing at all. It's choc cake filled and covered with dark choc ganache and then the wraps are milk modelling chocolate and the roses white modelling chocolate. I made the modelling choc myself as I was too tight to buy the Squires cocoform (£27 a kilo, Eek!) and it was quite difficult to work with. I might get some cocoform to try next time. I'm really interested in working with chocolate cos I like eating it... :haha:

Pre rescued cake:

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/f6a61fe3.jpg

Here's a clearer pic from this morning...

It's cracked more overnight :dohh: isn't too bad though, and I only charged £25 so hoping she won't be too disappointed :shrug:

Attachments

• 1cake.jpg
    1cake.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 26
The modelling chocolate is just eating chocolate and liquid glucose. I did 1KG of milk choc to about 380g of liquid glucose. You use less LG for white chocolate and a bit more LG for dark chocolate. Just melt the chocolate and then stir in the liquid glucose. It will go 'stiff' right away and then when it's cooled give it a good knead and either use right away or wrap in clingfilm and then rewarm it a bit when you do use it. You need to be careful not to over warm it or it gets very oily as the cocoa butter starts to come out.

I made a Hello Kitty topper this morning, for a cake I am making for Friday. I think it's turned out OK, but I stupidly made marks where I wanted to paint the eyes and then decided to pain them lower down,s o now when I look at it all I can see is the marks where the eyes were originally going to be! :dohh: I've also got a spiderman one to make for a cake the same day and I am really not looking forward to that!

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/midori1999/6dff458a.jpg

WOW that chocolate cake is amazing I would be so happy with that x The Hello Kitty topper is fab too x
Emmy - That cake is lovely & you cant see the cracks at all on the pics x Whenever I make cakes all you can see is the icing sugar that ive rolled the icing on, it never looks 'clean' like yours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->