Cake Making & Baking Group

:happydance:

yey well done!!!

check out my thread in general ... i have a cake dilemma!!

Hmmmm its a toughie. I think I would make the cake for his birthday and buy one for the MILs or ask if she would like to make one, its not fair her expecting you to make both cakes

i have a super cool idea for his cake

im doing a waybuloo cake with cupcakes as the bottom layer and cake on the top layer (idea stolen from andrea :blush: :kiss: :rofl: )
was going to do noktok (the blue one)

if i need to make another one was going to do the same style but yojojo (orange one)

but its gonna be a load of hassle but dont wanna cause problems on his birthday ?

Any help ladies my cakes are really flat :( What have I done wrong? Any tips on how to make it actually bigger

if you mean they are sinking, it could bebecause you are opening your oven too soon.

I usually make 2 in sandwich tins then sandwich them together, or sometimes 3 cakes on top of each other!

They look really flat and stodgy probably only 1-2cm thick!

The next one is due to be checked on at 9.05 so I'll see how it turns out!!

I will make 1 more cake mixture and may put the 3 cakes together. Would I be able to put all the mixture in the cake tin and cook it all at once or will it be too much? If s what temp should I do it at. I've been doing these other cakes at 150 xx

not sure, when I first started I used to do my cakes in a deep cake tin with all the mixture in and it was disaster after disaster!

It probably can be done but would need to be baked at a low temp so it doesnt burn on top while cooking the middle.

I know! Honestly, i only started last summer because I was practising for Daisys birthday cake and I had so many disasters that I was on the brink of buying a sponge to decorate!

I even bought instant cake mixes but they went wrong too!

I mixed the butter and sugar then added 1 egg and a spoonful of flour until all the eggs and flour were mixed in, could it be my method?

I think I am going to try once more but thats it as I need to get it iced today. And there was me thinking the icing was going to be the hardest thing :rofl: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->